Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Acura TL

starman98starman98 Posts: 119
Maybe Acura will also make the backseat fold down, make the telescoping wheel automatic, and put in rain sensetive wipers? Also a push start would not hurt either.

Comments

• Hey is that the ELLPS part we're finally talking about now?? ;)

Add:
    *heated/cooled seats up front
    *keyless go with out the slot (like Lexus not bmw), *optional heated rear seats
    *6speed auto
    *10way power driver
    *6-8way power passenger
    *Reclining rear seats like Camry XLE
    *Ac Glovebox

And if the TL does happen stay FWD, a flat rear floor (No tranny tunnel) would be nice!

-Cj
  • i would definitely add the rain sensing wipers, keyless entry (even the new base 07 altima has it standard), 10-way drivers seat and 8-way for the passenger (even my 02 Camry XLE has both of them) and a flat rear floor (i donno why they have it if its not a RWD?). ]

i don't care about the front cooled seats, rear heated seats, and AC glovebox because almost none of its competition has it.

but then again, honda just freshened the TL for 07', so there would be no point of adding all these features for 08'. i would rather add them on its complete redesign for 09 model.
  • :( I sad to hear about the redesign. I like the current one sooo much!!

Hey, acura could be the 1st in the class with an AC glovebox! The 3series has it but not sure about the 5...

Only lexus, lincoln, and infiniti have the cooled seat. I like em! We have them on our expedition. They're great for hot climates.

I think Audi is the only manufacturer to uses heated rear seats in a sedan...
    -Cj
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    On the topic of keyless ignition, they should go all the way and offer the 2-way communication such as on the new Volvo S80! :shades:
  • yeah, it'd be a great idea to add the all those features especially the cooled seats since they are great in summer. instead of an AC glovebox, they should add a cooled AND a HEATED one too for the winter to keep your coffee warm or something. heated rear seats would be a good idea for winter and especially if u have a family, but if u are single, then there is no point.

but all those features "would" get the TL an edge over its competitors, but then again, it would kinda surpass the RL in terms of features and the RL's will struggle with its sales!

i like the current design too, but where ever i go, there are 2-4 TL's around me, so i am kinda bored of the design, and again, the REDESIGN'S from BMW, INFINITI, LEXUS, and the upcoming MERCEDES C, and CADILLAC, are going to crush/are crushing the TL and the recent sales show that.

I would in fact advise acura to get the new-gen TL out early next year in spring/summer.
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Posts: 225
    A cooled compartment for beverages in the summer and a heated one for coffee and cup of noodles in the winter, what's next? I think we are treating our car not only as a living room (stereo, DVD/TV, ventilated sofa-like seats), but also as a kitchen (a fridge, a stove ... add a toaster?). What about also outfitting it with a massaging shiatsu apparatus to soothe our travel weary gluteaus maximus ...?
  • Lexus (Ls460) does almost all of that!! The rear right passenger seat reclines with a foot rest! The front seats massage (as in the old LS430). The rear can have a DVD and I think there is a refrigerator between the rear seats and trunk. Sorry, no stove... or toaster... Maybe on the next model... :P

On the next TL, should acura bring on more interior colors? "Taupe, Parchment" and Black aren't doing it for me. I like the old green color with the "Parchment" interior.

Exterior
    Brown
    Light/Powdery Blue
    Dark green or the old green

Interior
    2tone Black & Beige and others
    Black w/red stitching fot Type S
    Red seats
    Brown/ that dark color in the MDX
    Different Woods/wood looks like BMW

I'd Take A White Tl(base) with brown interior, rear lip spoiler, Nav, and panoramic sunroof :shades:

-Cj
  • 2008 Acura TL = 2007 Acura TL
    Maybe a new color.
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    Seems like we just bought the 2006 TL in June times goes by fast - but this makes me feel like I have a 2 year old car!
  • frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    I have an 05 and it is a 2 year old car! :P
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    Only lexus, lincoln, and infiniti have the cooled seat. I like em! We have them on our expedition. They're great for hot climates

Don't forget the 08' CTS ;)

Rocky

P.S. Saab has cooled gloveboxes also as they were the first car company to have both ventilated seats and colled glove boxes ;)
  • hausshauss Posts: 169
    Who cares about cooled glove boxes? What am I cooling? My owner's manual, spare insurance card, and a map? Seriously, how would or do those of you out there use it? Do you put cans of diet coke in there to keep them cool for road trips? I can't imagine it'd cool them down to a drinkable temp. Maybe a protein or candy bar to keep it from melting? That, to me, seems like an overated feature. Also, just curious, for those of you with keyless ignition...is it really all that? I've been looking at new cars lately for my fiance and we've tested a few that had it and I didn't really see the point. The key never bothers me when it's in the ignition and it's one less thing to stuff in my pockets when I'm driving.
  • I agree with your comment on the glove-boxes.

Now, I've never had keyless entry, but I'd love to have it on my next car. :) When you ask "what's the big deal," it's like someone asking why we need a key FOB - "What's so hard about putting your key in the hole and opening the door/trunk?" :mad:

Of course it's not a big deal, but it'd be nice to be able to leave te key in my pocket and just open the door, especially if I've got stuff in my hands or wearing a long coat with my keys in my pants pocket.

In my mind, if it's the kind of system where you can leave the key in your pocket the whole time, then it's great. If it's one of those where you still need to insert a key (or a fob) into the car, but just don't have to turn it, then I don't see the point. :confuse:
    tax, I see your point about the keyless entry. Now, that I think about it that would be a nice feature. The trouble for me though is I usually have stuff in my hands after I've driven somewhere and I'm unloading it. If they could come up with a way for the car to lock automatcally, like a voice command, without needing the key fob that'd be great. That's where that feature would help me a lot.
  • ckollckoll Posts: 8
    I am a long time Acura owner. I'm trying milk out another 2 years on my 2000 TL before I buy my next car. I like the design of the current TL Generation. When is the next TL Generation rolling out?

I initially heard it was for the 2008 Model Year but now I seems to be the 2009 Model Year. Can anyone enlighten me on what is formally known or speculated on this?

Thanks
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    The next generation (4G) will show up sometime in 2008 as a 2009 midel.
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Posts: 225
    Well, all the new technolgies seem to help us, but they also seem to help car thieves too! With keyless ignition start (ie. push button), I wonder whether it makes it easier for car thieves to start your car, as soon as they get into it by stealing (intercepting) your remote key code. See link. http://www.leftlanenews.com/gone-in-20-minutes-using-laptops-to-steal-cars.html
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    I dont see the need for push button start either, just something else to break.
    If I remember correctly my day had push button start on his 1952 dodge, we also had pushbutton transmission on a 58
    Plymouth Fury. Old Mike
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Will there be a 2008 model? Sounds like maybe we should change the name of this discussion.
    pat,

There will be a 2008 model. IMHO, I really don't think there are going to be any major changes since the 2007 was a MMC.
    But, the 2009 model (4G TL) will show up sometime in 2008.
    gg, what's MMC? Also, and this may not apply here but while I'm asking, I see WOT a lot on here. What does that mean too?
    hauss,

MMC means "mid model change." WOT means "wide open throttle."

;)
  • ushy66ushy66 Posts: 208
    Any idea when Acura will bring the TL out in AWD like the RL or the Infinity G35? Thanks
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Posts: 151
    Here is the sequence of event for the 2009 TL
    1) Rumors starts to spread in the fall of 07
    2)Acura debuts the car at the NY AUTO show in the Sprig of 2008
    3).The car goes on sale in the fall of 08 as a 2009 model.

If you followed Acura trend this has always been the case.
  • eg424eg424 Posts: 24
    Don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Acura website has now renamed the TL section as the 2008 TL. As far as I can see, there is no difference from when the model was called the 2007 TL.

For 2009 it would be good if there were more positions for the passenger seat, extensions for the sunvisors, compass in the rearview mirror (even on navigation models) and options for a rear window sunshade, folding rear seat and SH-AWD.

Also, on none "S" models, some chrome trim around the windows would help brighten the car. Just my opinion. Oviously, one could wish for more but then the car just becomes another RL.
  • harryh3harryh3 Posts: 3
    At my Acura dealer today. 2008 in stock, 2009 a mid year 2008 intro.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    I like GM's and toyota's versions of the rear view camera. GM is going to start mounting them as an extension of the Review mirror, and Toyota is offering a separate screen for it even on non Nav models. I think its a standard feature on all but the base models.

Acura can make something along this lines but I'd rather keep the current TL's rearview monitor and add other luxury features like Push Button Start/keyless go(come on, its on the 14k versa.... Borrow it from the S2k!), cooled seats/glovebox/armrest, and sunshades.

I think the passat is a competitor to the TL now because it offers strong performance(280hp), equal or more features, similar space, and similar MPG.

-Cj
  • benjb53benjb53 Posts: 14
    I just purchased my 2007 Acura Tl/ Navi. in December 2006....how is it that seven months later my car is being outdated??????? I have to start leasing!!!
    And now they make White/Navi with Parchment interior...I am pissed!!!

:confuse:
  • eg424eg424 Posts: 24
    I don't think you have to worry about your car being outdated. From what I can tell, there are only minor, minor changes for the 2008. They all seem to do with color...inside and out.

I do believe they renamed carbon grey pearl to polished metal metallic. Looks the same to me. You know what they say, a rose by any other name.....