Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Acura TL

124»

Comments

• So your saying its no issue at all? I'm taking my TL in this Fri for service guess i'll find out then if there is a issue or not. Can you send me a link or more info if you know of any on this. Kind of dissapointed did not expect an acura with its rep. to be like this.
  • Im a new 2008 TL owner. Im not sure if this was mentioned previously in this forum. Does anyone else feel the engine have slight pull when slowing down after 20mph or so? When I let off the gas and let it cruise, it feels like the engine pulls a bit. Is this a transmission problem? Open to all suggestions.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Not sure what you mean by engine pull, if you mean engine brakeing
    that is normal, Old Mike
  • Thanks...just making sure it was normal
  • From my 08 TL's manual: "When the indicator comes on, there is about 2.3 U.S. gal...of fuel remaining in the tank before the needle reaches E. There is a small reserve of fuel remaining in the tank when the needle does reach E."

So that means that there is more than 2.3 gallons left

My "low fuel" indicator came on, and I drove about 20 miles before filling up. I put 13.6 gallons in the tank, so it looks like there's at least 3.5 gallons left after the warning message comes on.

Nevertheless, I've read somewhere that this sort of engine can be seriously damaged if it runs out of fuel, so it's better to be safe than sorry.
124»