Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Acura TL

1235»

Comments

• xyz17xyz17 Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info...Im sticking to 93....
  • maltbiemaltbie Posts: 31
    The owners manual for the 08 TL states that octanes under 91 can be used but should only be done so temporarily because of potential engine damage. This statement only applies to the TL Type-S, however.

For TLs other than the Type-S, the manual states that octanes under 91 may be used but may result in reduced performance. It also states that engine damage may occur with octanes lower than 87.
  • Just bought 2008 TL w/navi...previous accord owner. My question is has anyone felt a slight grinding feeling/noise at about 1800-2100 rpm's? It's not transmission just cant put my finger as to what it is. Other wise love the car very comfortable and has the extra room/power that i was looking for. Got the white diamond pearl very elegant/sporty look to it. Would appreciate a respond from anyone that has had the same problem.
  • mmelonemmelone Posts: 6
    I have a 2008' TL that I've had since early June. Not sure if it's transmission related. My issue is more engine vibration that I feel at the same rpm range. I'll be taking my car in for the first service in a couple of weeks and see what's up. I'll keep you posted.
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Looking to downsize vehicles. Has anyone driven both vehicles and willing to share their likes and dislikes with me. Have a 2005 MDX coming off lease and a 2000 RL. Do not need two large type of premium gas guzzling vehicles for only two drivers now driving less than a total of 1600 miles per month of combined city and highway driving.
  • Yes I have this same situation, though from my understanding it isn't a problem, just how the engine/transmission runs. This is well documented elsewhere on these forums.
  • "Looking to downsize vehicles. Has anyone driven both vehicles and willing to share their likes and dislikes with me. Have a 2005 MDX coming off lease and a 2000 RL. Do not need two large type of premium gas guzzling vehicles for only two drivers now driving less than a total of 1600 miles per month of combined city and highway driving."

I purchased a 2008 TL with NAVI in May. I had a 1997 RL and 2002 MDX. The 97 RL was hit from behind while parked in front of my house :mad: , so I needed to replace it. I was torn between a new RL, a new TL, a new TSX (due to mileage) and a Lexus. Didn't like the Lexus headroom, legroom or air conditioner. Ended up choosing the TL because of body lines and mileage versus the RL, and the size is decent (I'm 6' 3" tall). Back seat room is okay for shorter rides.

The RL was smoother riding, but I didn't particularly like the look, the price, or the fuel economy.

The TL is loaded, has a good ride, and good look. I drive mostly interstate miles from home to work (about 16 miles), then city mileage running errands, lunch, etc. My combo mileage, using 87 regular gas, has been from 24 to 27. Two trips from Oklahoma City to Tulsa and back gave me 30 and 33 mpg.

I'm very happy with my TL and glad I purchased it as opposed to the RL and the Lexus. Personally, I'm just not that impressed with the Lexus, although they are good looking cars.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Last year test drove the TSX 4 times without salesman, test drove TL one time.
    Got the TL.
    My problem with the TSX auto was lack of power, otherwise very nice car.
    The 09 TSX may have somewhat resolved that problem with different
    trans and engine tuneing, you will have to test drive and see if the TSX
    has say enough power where you feel safe on freeway on ramps.
    Old Mike
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yes, the TL is going to have more power right off the bat, but once the TSX 4cyl is more broken in, you simply notice a difference in its power, but sometimes thats not enough for some.
  • Would appreciate it if you would get back too me.. I'm taking my TL in this Fri. for a check up. I'll as well will keep you posted.
  • So your saying its no issue at all? I'm taking my TL in this Fri for service guess i'll find out then if there is a issue or not. Can you send me a link or more info if you know of any on this. Kind of dissapointed did not expect an acura with its rep. to be like this.
  • Im a new 2008 TL owner. Im not sure if this was mentioned previously in this forum. Does anyone else feel the engine have slight pull when slowing down after 20mph or so? When I let off the gas and let it cruise, it feels like the engine pulls a bit. Is this a transmission problem? Open to all suggestions.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Not sure what you mean by engine pull, if you mean engine brakeing
    that is normal, Old Mike
  • Thanks...just making sure it was normal
  • From my 08 TL's manual: "When the indicator comes on, there is about 2.3 U.S. gal...of fuel remaining in the tank before the needle reaches E. There is a small reserve of fuel remaining in the tank when the needle does reach E."

So that means that there is more than 2.3 gallons left

My "low fuel" indicator came on, and I drove about 20 miles before filling up. I put 13.6 gallons in the tank, so it looks like there's at least 3.5 gallons left after the warning message comes on.

Nevertheless, I've read somewhere that this sort of engine can be seriously damaged if it runs out of fuel, so it's better to be safe than sorry.
1235»