Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Continental Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• samiam3706samiam3706 Posts: 8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zh7mKD7om2o is my only video as of now...i would listen to dude above me and get a local auto store to check [non-permissible content removed] out for you before you go and spend lot of money....what kinda filter would be dirty to cause my tranny to slip from 1st to 2nd fuel?

we get about the same mpg hwy and city what year
  • cphilcphil Posts: 13
    Thanks to both Samiam and Fangia2 for your replys..You both have been very helpful..Auto zone is close to my house so I will stop by there today..I didnt know they checked out things like this before...Good day to you both.. :)
  • fangio2fangio2 Posts: 214
    The filter to check is the transmission filter.Generally it just calls for a cleaning-not a replacement.Mine is a 2000 model.
    alright cool...where is it located..or is there a web site i can go to and look for myself? thanks

ur welcome dude. thats what we're all here for
    Mine was done at Cottmans transmission.I had the fluid changed at the same time-cost under a $100.My wife had it done so I can only go by what they told her.I would check on the web if you are planning on doing it yourself.
    well i would like to do it myself, but paying less than 100 isnt too bad, maybe i can find something in my area (my zip is 21136)

what about a headlight, do they sell lights for 00 online or should i get a new seal from the night....theres so much condensation
    Ok, thanks to both of yu for the ideas..I did take your advice and went to auto zone for a free troubleshooting..Now I don;t know which way to turn since I dont understand any of this. Im hopeing someone here does and can advice me as to what to do next..Thanks again for the help. I did reset my computer for the gas mileage and it seems to be working properly now..At least its showing a drastic improvement on my gas mileage. 19-25 instead of 13-14...
    CAt

.My print out says,
    PO172
    OEM Brand:OBD11PLM has determined that during testing (can't read word)
    system for bank 2 was to lean.

Defination...
    fuel bank 2 condition explanation.

The ECM has detected a rich or lean air/fuel ratio condition on engine bank 2.

Probable causes.

1.If bank 1 and 2 are set together suspect fuel condition or MAF fault.
    2.-failed Ho2s21
    3. -ignitation misfire condition
    4. fuel injector problem
    5. engine mechanical condition.
    Thanks...I did as advised and posted, (see previous post) the results. You guys are the greatest..
    CAt
    My guess is o2 sensor.NUMBER1 is in the front.There are 2 sensors-one on the manifold before the converter and one after the converter.They are plug-ins on one end and bolt-on on the other.Pull out the plug-in and clean it.If either one is defective they cost about $40 at a parts store.Much more at the dealer.A bad COP generally will show the cylinder that is misfiring on the error code.
    haha dude, you're welcome...but honestly i dont know much about cars..ur readout or w/e really doesnt mean anything. id let you know if i did...but i seriously cannot find a driver headlight housing unit for 2000 continental ANYWHERE can someone help? i honestly spent 2 hours
    Ok, it's fixed...thanks to the advise here...You mentioned cleaning the sensors so I raised the hood to find them, but of course I first had to find the manifold..LOL I noticed something pink where the new air filter had been installed...Well, it turns out that the mechanic hadn't clamped the filter down properly and that is why the car was cutting out..I went back to the shop that installed it and they fixed it properly and put out the "fix motor soon" light.. You all saved me a bundle of money by being so kind and helpful here. Thank you so much.
    Hey dude, please read my previous message..All is well here, for now anyway...As far as finding the part you need, have you tried to just let your phone "do the walking" and call the parts stores to ask if they have it? I do that with some things and it sure does save a lot of time for me.Have you searched the internet for parts? .Good luck on your search..
    Go to ebay motors-type in continental 1998-2002 under parts wanted.There are alway some headlights for sale-yesterday there were 2.
    yeea yea guys thanks a lot..i found the ones on ebay for 99.99 and i even called ford and they said i could get them only direct from the factory for 370.00 haha i think im just gonna keep my [non-permissible content removed] headlight...ill either be going too fast for anyone to notice or my subs will be thumpin so eveyone will notice that :-D

haha thanks guys
    hey.....you guys wanna see my continental???

go to youtube.com, click video and search any combo of "2000 lincoln all cleaned up subs ported box rockford folsegate"

i got 4 videos of my car on there so click "more from samtana3706" and check 'em allll out...
  • fher20fher20 Posts: 1
    HI! I HAVE A 95 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL,THE CAR IS VERY NICE IT RUNS GREAT I REALLY LIKE IT,BUT I HAVE ONE PROBLEM THAT IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY,IT HAS THE AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM,THE REAR SIDE IS ALL THE WAY UP,BUT THE FRONT IT'S ALL THE WAY DOWN,IT DOESN'T WANT TO GO UP,THE COMPRESSOR IS WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I START THE CAR THE SUSPENSION IN THE FRONT DOESN'T GO UP,IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME WHAT'S COULD BE WRONG. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! :confuse:
  • regogginsregoggins Posts: 1
    I also have a 95 Continental with the same problem, rear side up front down. I saw this post but no response just wondering if there was ever an answer given.
  • dcs67dcs67 Posts: 4
    I have 195,000 miles on mine and I love it. The only non-routine maintenance has been new transmission, new starter, a/c compressor and rear brake calipers. I use 89-90 octane and pull about 23 mpg on the highway at 78 mph.
  • dcs67dcs67 Posts: 4
    While I'm here, the light bulb for the clock burned out. No big deal, but does anyone know how difficult it is to access it so I can replace it? I couldn't see any easy way into the dash and I don't have special tools.

Thanks.
  • I have the same problem, did you ever solve the problem?