Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2 Real World MPG

jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
edited May 6 in Land Rover
I was able to see, sit in and look carefully at an LR2 over the weekend. The vehicle looks like a winner to me. I like the style, the interior is nice and comfy and it has everything but actual low range 4WD :cry:

Even so, it is on my most wanted list. But, at 16/23 gas mileage is a concern to me. SO I'm wondering if it is a concern to other LR2 owners?

If anyone has gathered the data, can u post your gas mileage results? Thanks.

Comments

• vinnieg1vinnieg1 Posts: 53
    I have has my LR2 since May and average 22 mpg with 93 octane BP Amoco gas. Never under 20 MPG and as high as 25 mpg.
  • andybl29andybl29 Posts: 8
    my LR2 is averaging 21 mpg using 93 octane, hasn't gone below 20 in a few weeks. It's a pretty even split between city and hwy driving.
  • roberto6roberto6 Posts: 23
    I have been averaging 10.2 L per 100 Km . This has been mainly highway driving so I consider it good ! - On premium gas 91 Oct.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    I have been averaging 10.2 L per 100 Km

Let's see, that's 10.2L*4.3l/g caarry the 1, subtract the ... DOH! what's that in mpg? :>)

Anyway, thanks for the prompt responses. North of 21 mpg sounds reasonable. Better than my, ahem, Navigator for sure.

93 octane though - best I can get here in California is 91 and it costs $3.57 gallon right now. DOH!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You need to write that as 100 km/ 10.2 L first then multiply by the appropriate conversion factors. Or, just look it up here:

See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • 08lr308lr3 Posts: 76
    on my 3rd week using prem gas, car says 17.5 - I still have to calc manually for my last fill and my gas recpt is in the LR2.

not to blow the thread but i've been using the sport mode and not to happy so far...
    Thanks for data. Certainly I would expect that sport mode would not be used when u want best mpg?
  • comerbuckcomerbuck Posts: 8
    I'm at 9 weeks and roughly 3000 miles with my LR2. Over the past few weeks I have averaged 17.8 mpg which includes a mix of 70-80 mph I85 travel to dead crawl Atlanta traffic. I do a fair amount of city driving as I live in midtown Atlanta. I've see 24 mpg with just interstate travel. Always normal mode using 93 octane gas ($3.17 lately).
    just the past few days that I've been using sport. Is sure sees to sift rough - agree? I mean I understand the sport and all, but just seem jumpy and can't determine what gear to be in. maybe its part of the break in stuff still.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Sport mode will use significantly more fuel as the transmission is almost always in a gear lower then normal. Also in sport mode the transmission down shifts more aggressively when braking or going down hill.
  • haagdhaagd Posts: 20
    I have had my LR2 for about 3 months and have 9600 miles on it. I am averaging around 22.3 miles per gallon.
  • lakes00lakes00 Posts: 3
    Hi, I've had my my new LR2 for 3 weeks now and have about 800 miles under its belt. I love the style, features & driving, but I am worried about the MPG.

I got about 16 MPG on the first week with 60/40 city/hwy driving, in the following 2 weeks I am doing the same 60/40 city/hway but now I'm getting 15.2 to 15.5 MPG. I drive conservative without hard acceleration as I'm in break in period...never in sport mode and try to use manual quite often as I see a slight improvement in MPG. I keep hoping/thinking that MPG will improve after break in..but wanted to ask if there is a steep improvement after break in?
  • Has anyone had any experience using middle grade gasoline and do you think there are any negatives doing so?

I have been averaging 17.5 MPG in all city driving. Will using high test bring better fuel mileage???
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    Check out the What about fuel types & gas mileage? discussion too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I am on the first tank of gas and so far so bad... The computer is telling my I am avg. 7.1 mph? Is this normal? from the look of the gas gage it's looks to be correct... I need some help let me know what the deal is or this baby is going back
    Did you idle for a while at the dealership before you picked it up? Sit in heavy traffic for a while? Idle in your driveway trying out the new gadgets?

I have delivered cars that showed 4.5 mpg or less on the computer because we idled for an hour or so at the dealership while I went over all the features of the car.
    Reset it and start over. See if that matters.
    last tank, 2100 miles, 19.5 mpg - mixed, sport and stick mode
  • Yes I did idle for a while( 1 hour or so) as I tested all the gadgets. I am showing 72 miles with 1/2 a tank of fuel left. What should I do? Doesnt seem right. I am in normal drive mode as well...
    Run the tank down to a 1/4 tank or so, refill the tank and then drive normally.

Keep track of your mileage and record the gas mileage manually.
This discussion has been closed.