Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Electrical Problems

Comments

• classicman, having the same issue on my 03 Monte, did you find the fix ? If so could you enlighten me as to what repair was.
    Thanks,
    Chevyone
  • ralph49ralph49 Posts: 5
    Went to the mechanic today ( brother in-law) looked at wiring diagram it shows the cruise control is tied into the circuit to the heater/control panel going to replace control panel just ordered it today 120.00 see what happens been a problem for about 9 months hope it works keep you posted. THANKS
  • Ralph,
    Stopped it by a good friends shop, just to verify; if it's the body control module (bcm) a new one can only be programmed by the dealer. Went by the dealer also, they said that it also could be in the ignition switch, the service rep said it could be the bcm as well but pushed more for the Ign Sw. My gut feeling and past experience if it was the switch when keyed to start and blower/cruise does not run/work they would continue to not run/work until the next time that the key was turned. My problems will stop and start intermittley while driving. It also does not run/work when first started. Also I have the info center for mileage and traveling direction (N, E, W & S) it also does other functions. I have noticed most times that the blower/cruise is not working it also goes out, but there has been times that it does continue to work. Are you seeing this also? Don’t know if you have this option on your car. They would have to pull the codes for a cost of $89+. Don't know about you but I'm old school and like my 67 Chevy PU. I have been turning wenches along time and can fix anything on the truck. New is great as long as it is working but when it's not working on these new rides it can be costly. Please let me know if your fix works. My problems have also been acting up for almost a year now. Just a side note; always liked the name Ralph see I’m bias being my father carries this name. Thanks,
    Chevy One
  • Ralph,

My wifes 2001 SS is doing the exact same thing. The overhead console goes out an no heater or A/C. Did you find a fix.

Thanks'

Bruce
  • The turn signals on my 1999 monte carlo dont work but the hazard lights still work, the fuse looks okay, is there anything elso that I need to look at?
  • I am having the same problem with my 2001. Did you happen to have any luck in replacing the control panel?
  • Replaced Blower control panel, Blower motor, and Blower motor resister still the same problem. Last week replaced Ignition switch and the Blower Motor has been working fine. Any questions let me know. Good Luck.

Ralph.
  • Have 2000 Chvy Monte carlo with electrical shortages. Lighter, dash lights, windows, no interior power. Recent 3800 overhaul, Due from fire damage to previous engine. If anyone could possibly help me with this please contact me or post a reply on this site. Thank you so much in advance.
  • Did you ever find out what causes fuse to blow on cooling fans? I have 2003 Monte Carlo and it is doing the same thing.
  • do i have to replace the entire fan assembly on my 2003 monte carlo. Only 1 of my fans has quit. I used to be able to change fuse and keep it working but now the fan wont run at all(left fan).
  • camacho94camacho94 Posts: 6
    Did you check the fan relay? there are two fan relays in the fuse box under the hood. Sometimes they go bad causing the fan(s) not to work... Give it a try.
  • I have a 2000 Monte Carlo. My first issue would be my windows. Drivers side stopped working in December, had the switch replaced. Since then 3 more replaced. Just left it and used my passenger side, dont smoke so no big deal. Passenger went out last week. Took it into my hometowns dealership (ford not chevrolet) they couldnt help. I assume its a wiring issue but dont want to be told the run around by a dealership. Second is my air... been checked for a leak 3 times... nothing was found, recharging lasts 1-3 days. Black car black leather, absolutely awful to drive in 80-100 degree weather... CAN ANYONE HELP ME??????? :confuse: :mad: :(
  • dzr7873dzr7873 Posts: 1
    I had this same problem not too long ago with my 95 monte carlo. what you want to check is to see if the fuse is getting the power. for my car it was the driver side fuse box under the hood. fuse #5 for parking lps and headlight switch. the wires were just old and had to replace the wires for that fuse. they work now.
  • bnbborobnbboro Posts: 6
    I dont know if I'm replying to the right person, but will continue anyway. I have a 2000 monty with the same problems the turn signals work and don't work when ever they decide, the the cruise was intermittent for a week or so, now doesn't work at all, the fan settings 1 thru 5 totally do not work now. they would cut out once in a while for the past week then just quit. this is not good as it is very HOT in Az. anyway my question was did replacing some control panel solve your problem??
    at least I know it's not an isolated problem, looks like quite a few have this.
  • ralph49ralph49 Posts: 5
    I have a 2001 MC SS the blower motor for the fan would not work all the time , cruise control would not work, overhead info center also would not work then just come on by them selves. after researching for a while i had the ignition switch replaced by the GM people and all is well since. if you need more info please ask Thanks Ralph.
    Thanks for the quick response, I believe I read somewhere someone else fixed they're problem with an ignition switch. how many other parts had you replaced before the fix? Just wondering. thanks again for the reply, will post again when I get this problem fixed......
    Replace the ignition switch and the cruise and blower is working just fine. Now on to the turn signal problem, they work, then they don't, never know till you turn them on. I have heard the hazard switch could be the culprit. anyone else heard this? it's a dealer item, approx. 50 bucks.............
  • I don't know why aftermarket wheel bearings on my 97 Monte Carlo only last about 10,000 miles. The original bearings lasted 12 years/150,000 miles. Is it my installation technique or the quality of aftermarket bearings? I torque them to factory specs. and still no luck.
  • JUST FINISHED REPLACING HEADS, HEAD GASKETS, RADIATOR FAN, AND BATTERY ( FOR THE SECOND TIME). CAR STILL WONT RUN RIGHT, NO TURN SIGNALS, NO INTERIOR LIGHTS, AND THERES A CLICKING NOISE IN PASSENGER SIDE FUSEBOX, AND SOMETIMES THE CAR WILL LOSE ALL POWER WHILE DRIVING IT. CAR WILL CUT OFF, GAUGES STOP WORKING AND EVERYTHING. BATTERY WILL NOT HOLD A CHARGE, HAVE HAD ALTERNATOR AND STARTER TESTED, WITH GOOD RESULTS...
  • Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone can give me instructions on how to remove the hazard switch on a '97 Monte Carlo (my son just bought, its his first car) . There are no screws under the steering column behind the steering wheel so I know you can't remove the cover that way, the cover looks to be 1 piece and I'm guessing you have to remove the steering wheel(which has the airbag and I've never dealt with that before- don't want that to go off if I'm messing with it!!) and slide the cover off, after somehow removing the ignition key cylinder. The hole for the hazard switch is on top of the steering column, towards the right(passenger) side, just in front of the ignition key cylinder. I've seen all the electrical problems posted here, I just hope he doesn't start having all those problems. Thanks in advance for any and all help, its much appereciated. :shades: