Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Leather Care

2»

Comments

• elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    I may try Lexol at some point. Saddle soap works extremely well for cleaning the seats, and mine were plenty dirty by the time I found some saddle soap. I had tried all those products sold at Autoparts stores (cleaner/conditioners. in one) and none of them cleaned the dirt off. I may try using a conditioner after cleaning with the saddle soap. I have been reluctant to use a conditioner because like you, I don't want my seats to shine or be slippery.
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    elroy5,

I guess that I got gypped. My 2004 Accord Coupe Owner's Manual only has 304 pages plus a 3-page Introduction and a 9-page Index. It doesn't even contain an appearance and care section. The only reference to cleaning is of the seat belts, on page 240.
    It doesn't even contain an appearance and care section.

That's strange. My last page number is 382. :confuse: I wonder, why? To save the trees?
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    My 2004 Accord Coupe Owner's Manual only has 304 pages

Well, of course, the owner's manual is shorter.... you have two fewer doors! :P
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    "Well, of course, the owner's manual is shorter.... you have two fewer doors! :P"

DUH! Thanks tallman1, it really WAS obvious.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    I'm considering getting an 08 EXL, and wondering about the ivory leather. I think it looks really good in the pictures, but we have two kids (ages 11 and 6) and so I'm wondering if getting a car like that is truly insane. Now, we usually don't let our kids eat in the car, but kids are kids, and dirt can sometimes be an issue. In terms of how picky I am about my cars, I usually wash them every 2 weeks, and I like them to be reasonably clean. I can see cleaning and moisturizing the leather seats twice a year with saddle soap (is that often enough). Anyway, is ivory leather a bad combo with kids? It sure looks nice. Is it a tad cooler than black leather, or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks!
    If you wipe them off with a damp towel once every two weeks, they should stay pretty clean. The saddle soap works great for the hard stuff. You may want to use a conditioner after cleaning with the saddle soap. I have the Ivory leather seats, and you're right they do not get as hot as black seats would.
  • vrmvrm Posts: 303
    I have never owned a vehicle with leather seats. But that will change very soon.

All the messages posted in this forum are more than 2 years old.

It would be helpful to know about new leather cleaning or conditioning products which are effective and priced reasonably.

Is Walmart a good place to buy leather cleaning products? Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I like to use Lexol! It really creates a soft feel with all the shine. It makes it look very plush and and its not all gummy or sticky.

I like to really condition the seat bolsters wear you get out of the car seat. It keeps it from cracking, creasing. Gets rid of or tames down any creases too. I put Lexol the shifter and the steering wheel.

When you detail your car, just spray a little on the cloth and wipe! It will keep the seats and car feeling new. Put some on all leather surfaces.

I have thought about tan leather, I have black now. But would be afraid of blue or black dyes getting on the tan. But, with regular upkeep, It think you can be just fine.
    Walmart has nothing that will clean the seats effectively (I tried it all). I have been using the Honda cleaner and conditioner lately, and it works well. Honda used to recommend Saddle Soap, and it works well too. Haven't tried Lexol yet.
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    You may want to do some internet searching to read about leather care. Lots of good info out there. You have the right idea to be looking at both cleaning and conditioning products.

I did a fair amount of research a couple of years ago and learned a lot. I still find that Leather Master and Lexol seem to be the products praised most often. I bought the Leather Master kit and liked it a lot. When that was done, I bought Leather Care from Griot's Garage and I'm liking it more and more. I'll try Lexol next. ;)

Good luck!
2»
This discussion has been closed.