Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

2»

Comments

• t0xat0xa Posts: 1
    This new vette looks like it could be a real contender. Its Enzo fast and costs just 100 grand. However, I simply cant see myself buying one of those over a GTR or a Porsche. There are lots of reasons why. First, it barely looks any different than a regular vette aside from the polycarbonate window thing that looks like someone taped a sheet of paper to the hood so it dosen't feel or look special. Second, I don't want to be caught in a talk where someone says he drives a Porsche and asks me what I drive and I have to answer, "A Chevy". Third, the build quality is on the lower side because it is an American car.
  • mattkfmattkf Posts: 2
    Edmunds.com reported that it was going to be on Nissan, but behind the scenes video today says otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFqq4jW4JXU
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    "Second, I don't want to be caught in a talk where someone says he drives a Porsche and asks me what I drive and I have to answer, "A Chevy". Third, the build quality is on the lower side because it is an American car."

I can't believe you wouldn't be proud to say I drive a Corvette ZR-1. After all, it's not just an ordinary Chevy performance car, like the Impala SS. It's their top shelf car.
  • starrow68starrow68 Posts: 1,142
    Interesting review of the base Corvette, but why list it under the ZR1 thread?

The comments on handling are pointed but they don't match what I get from
    those driving the car on road courses. For that matter they don't match
    what I've gotten from professional instructors at road courses either.
    Randy
  • srangersranger Posts: 106
    I have a 2008 C6 which is more or less the same car. The thing I cannot figure out is why no one will test a base C6 with the F55 (Magnetic Ride system). It more or less eliminates the twitchy handling that always seems to be the main complaint of the reviewer... Add a set of Z51 sway bars to the F55 equiped cars and you have a car that handles as well as any at the limits and is not upset by a rough corner entry or exit....

I guess this would not leave anything for the reviewers to whine about....
  • Article reads "And for those of you who dream of swapping out the stock supercharger pulley to make like a billion horsepower, be aware that Meegan says, "We don't want people to do that. We have not made that easy." "

We just installed a ZR1 pulley upgrade on a customer's Corvette. While it is not the EASIEST thing to do, it really isn't that hard. I don't think the average weekend mechanic would not be able to do it, but we can do it for them.

We sell a ZR1 Corvette Supercharger Pulley Upgrade Kit online as well.
  • Where are you located? I would like to take you up on the pulley change. If you are too far away, do you provide instructions if I purchase the kit?
  • In Central Virginia. It should come with instructions but you will have to remove the supercharger to do it.
2»
This discussion has been closed.