Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera 2009

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    I'm really liking the idea of this nifty accessory...

Azera Folding Cargo Organizer
  • My wife and I took my daughter, S-I-L and grandson and a trunk full on a 1500 mile round trip from Colorado Springs to northeast Nebraska. On a 350+ mile strech of interstate driving from Brush CO to York, NE I was babying the car along at 65mph using cruise and got 31.3 MPG. So we had a full load but dropped about 4500 ft in elevation in that section so that helps. On the return trip on that same section from York, NE to Brush CO doing 75mph with the cruise control locked in the whole time and with all the climbing it never came out of over drive or shifted down. We managed 27.8 MPG on that section climbing 4500 ft. So if you kind of baby this car, don't get in a hurry you can get some pretty decent mileage contrary to a lot of reports.
    It's a 2009 Limited, Ultimate package, and the NAV upgrade. Just about everything but the blue tooth, even though the sales rep said blue tooth was built into the NAV system, I do not think it is.
    Absolutely completely pleased with the comfort (although I wish the drivers seat could go a little lower to take some pressure off the thighs), and the power and handling for a car like this. Not a race car, but defiantly better handling then others we drove particularly the Avalon which when I started out shopping was what I wanted. But for 9-10K less, it was a no-brainer. I couldn't be happier at this point after 8 weeks.
  • Looks nice, but I got a smaller collapsible one from Target this week-end for $10.
    BTW, doesn't all that weight cut into your MPG?
    I'm sure the weight of my sound system does cut into my fuel economy a lil bit, but not enough to make a significant difference. Overall...it's like an added 100 lbs.
    Okay...you want a Genesis, but financially it just doesn't look like the numbers will work for you. Don't fret, I feel your pain. Well...for those that want one, get the next best thing!

KIA - Azera Genesis Grille
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,240
    Jeez, how many times are you going to post this?
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe not everyone subcribes to all the forum postings like you do??? Someone with a 2008 Azera, may just subscribe to the posts that pertain only to the 2008's. I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it...that's all.

My apologies if posting it in all Azera related forums harmed you in any way. :P

Have a happy Thanksgiving, turkey!!!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Actually, most people do subscribe/track/watch (whatever they're calling it today) all discussions related to a vehicle and/or brand that interests them, so one or two posts are usually enough. The accessories topic covers all model years, by the way.

You have a happy Thanksgiving, too, turkey!! :shades:
    Thank you Pat! My apologies if anyone's fragile sensibilities were ruffled. I guess I was just a lil over zealous and wanted to share with everyone. If you would be so kind as to go back and delete the extraneous postings and leave the one in the accessories topic, then maybe that'll get the universe back in alignment and bring peace and order to the Azera Forum. :blush:

You have a happy Thanksgiving as well. ;)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I think everything's fine, just something to think about for another time, that's all.
  • alymacalymac Posts: 31
    Allmet 33
    Your right ..this grill looks a hell of a lot better than the cheapo grill on the Azera.
    Thanks for the post!
    The other cheap offering on the Canadian zera is the economy instrument cluster..
    instead of the electoluminescent cluster on the American Azera. The marketing
    fellow in Toronto said the electroluminescent panel would have added $600.00
    bucks to the car..in 2006 anyway. Would have been worth it!
    Cheers,
    alymac
  • "The other cheap offering on the Canadian zera is the economy instrument
    cluster instead of the electoluminescent cluster on the American Azera."

In the first place, this 'cheap offering' as you put it is common only to the
    GLS and the SE models here in Estados Unidos.
    I think that you will probably find that 'cheap offering' dash in all Canadian
    models but the Ultra Limited. Someone please check on this.
    I happen to prefer my dash panel to the electroluminescent panel for several reasons:

1.) My dash is always visible. There is no need to turn on the key for the dash to appear.

2.) Sooner or later, being electronic, something can and will probably fail because it is electronic. If you have the 'cheap offering' as I do, consider yourself to be most fortunate.

3.) Is it me, or is the 'cheap offering' easier to read? It is I think. That's only my opinion.

As far as the standard Azera grill is concerned, I happen to prefer it also.
    I know one fellow who changed his GLS to an aftermarket grill, and he said it was a big job. When he traded his Azera, he didn't remove the aftermarket grill, saying it was hard to install and he didn't want to go through all of that again to put the stock grill back in.

"The marketing fellow in Toronto said the electroluminescent
    panel would have added $600.00 bucks to the car."

Although that electroluminescent panel is most certainly more expensive than
    the 'cheap offering' dash panel, I seriously doubt that the electroluminescent
    dash would add $600 to the cost of the Azera.

Too bad they didn't apply some of the money they saved into better built shock absorbers!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

:)
  • alymacalymac Posts: 31
    Donna 338
    My understanding from the dealer and from Toronto was that the electoluminescent
    dial was not available in any Canadian Azera in 2006........though Im not sure what
    was offered in 2007
    Anyway the Azera is a great car....my hope is they dont discontinue it with the advent of a suc cess store with the Genesis.
    And you too, have a thankful Thanksgiving
    Alymac
  • I know one fellow who changed his GLS to an aftermarket grill, and he said it was a big job.
    I have changed the grille on my '06 Azera and did not find it a big job, maybe a couple hours, tops. There are some weird fasteners involved, but if one has a decent selection of tools, its no big deal.
  • grayfoxgrayfox Posts: 166
    I changed my Azera stock grille to an "H-Less" Korean model in an hour and twenty minutes. Not a difficult job with a little patience.
    Now, I see that the Genesis grille apparently fit into my Azera from the photos on this site. Hmmmmm. :)
  • i need to know if any 08 azera ltd nav owners have seen the back of the LG unit and could describe any additional interfaces, as well as any 09 nav owners who may have seen the back of the rev 02 nav unit in the 09. I've contacted dealers and LG and Hyundai and none have any technical data beyond the relatively poor manual provided. Before i make my arthritic hands get into the dash, I'd like to know if there is any ability to add an I/O device through the headunit without using fm modulators or such and what is the difference between the 08 and 09 headunits. The 09 does show a new revision number for the LG unit, but the units appear to be identical. a picture of the back of the headunits would make my day!!
    I've replaced many a stock head unit in my young 38 years and I haven't come across any that offered any sort of interfaces without having to purchase some aftermarket piece to make it happen. As cool as it would be for an automaker to provide an owner with the ability to customize their entertainment system, the most you can hope for is USB or Aux inputs.
  • Hi there- I reside in South FL & am starting my search for the '09 Azera; I know what I want, & color combo: limited w/ultimate pckg (No navi.) Sounds like the numbers you were quoted seem pretty good - how did you make out? I think I wld be happy with the $26,053 quote.
  • I have just begun my seach for the Hyundai Azera I want: 2009, Limited - Ultimate w/no navi (blk exterior brown interior.)

- I am a medical sales rep & therefore opt'd for the brn vs beige interior (wear & tear)
    (will probably not do more than 16k miles a year)

- Live in South FL - what's a fair price?

- Should I indeed stick with the brown interior vs beige, based on reviews..
    Thnx - appreciate responses
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Will hit the domestic market first next month and other markets later in the year. I'd venture to guess the North American market sees it on the 2010 model year that's coming next year.

Some useful info:

Hyundai Develops Own Six-Speed Automatic for Improved Fuel Efficiency

- Hyundai becomes 3rd company in the world to develop own 6-speed automatic transaxle
    - New transaxle boosts fuel economy by 12%, is 12kg lighter and has 62 fewer parts than a 5-speed
    - First application will be in Grandeur/Azera models beginning in January 2009

More: http://jalopnik.com/5116412/hyundais-new-in+house-six-speed-auto-transmission-hi- ts-azera-first
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    If, (according to the propaganda on the link above) it's that good, it seems logical the (2) 6-speeds in Genesis will be replaced by the new in-house.
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    How would you suggest that a front wheel drive transmission with half shaft outputs on the sides of the unit be used in a rear wheel drive vehicle which requires a drive shaft output on the rear of the unit????
  • tonycdtonycd Posts: 223
    Thanks as always for the scoop, Joe.

Do you see an all-new Azera coming in 2010?
    If Hyundai has developed an in-house for some of their FWD, would it not seem logical (even to you) they would do likewise for their one, soon to be two RWD's?
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    Sorry, I must have misinterpreted, "it seems logical the (2) 6-speeds in Genesis will be replaced by the new in-house." Perhaps you meant to say "a" new in-house instead of "the" new in-house.
  • Sounds great to me. I assume there will be a redesigned 2010 Azera for this new tranny? I've heard there may be one in the works but haven't seen anything definite yet.
    Indeed, a slip of the keyboard on my part.
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Do you see an all-new Azera coming in 2010?

I do, actually. The timing sounds about right.
    They could use their own 6-speed trannies to cut costs a lil bit, but if they are having success with the ZF & Aisin trannies...I would think they would stick with them and use the Hyundai made 6-speeds in the likes of the Azera & Veracruz (doubt if the Sonata would get one).
    Kia VG to be based on next generation Hyundai Azera

There's a blurb in the article, "According to a leaked document outlining Kia’s future product plans, the new sedan is set to make its world debut in August next year with sales expected in the following month. Around the same time Hyundai will also introduce its new Azera."