Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Comments

• cards28, the following link suggests that dealers had $1000 upto yesterday. Guess the Dec incentives won't be clear until tomorrow.

http://www.creditunionsvc.com/auto/ratesnew.cfm?thetype=Dealer

Rgds
  • My 350z got stolen last month so I was forced to look for a new vehicle. In the past I've owned a Camaro, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Altima, Nissan Frontier, Ford Mustang and Toyota MR2. I thought I'd buy a BMW, Audi, Lexus or Infiniti to replace my Z. Well, after driving my rental (Sonata) for a couple of weeks I became impressed with the Hyundai so I checked out their dealership along with everyone elses. I was impressed with the Hyundai Salesman and impressed with the Hyundai lineup. I ended up buying the Genesis Coupe V6 GT. The Honda dealer tried to tell me I made a poor decision and that I should have went with a Honda because they last forever... my answer to him was that if they were so confident about their vehicle then put a 10yr warranty on it. I know Honda and Toyota sells quality vehicles but from what I have experienced so far - so does Hyundai. I used to be a Nissan faithful but I think Hyundai may have converted me for good.
  • bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    1 thing for sure, not all 350Z's last forever! Sorry for your troubles!

Don't let Hyundai convert you for good. It's a great car at a great price (and warranty!) now, but if something better comes along later, go for it. Don't be loyal to 1 brand. Many, many people miss out on a good thing by being brand loyal. Brand loyalty makes no sense these days, because all major brands have great quality. Do what's best for you, and force the car makers fight for your business!

Happy New Year to all,,,
  • Performance & ecu tuning company

Turbo kit
    Supercharger kit
    Metal clutch kit
    Navigation indash kit

check link title

• carnut86carnut86 Posts: 16
    Just helped mom purchase sonata LTD today. In the process I test drove genesis coupe V6 with track package & nav. Aswm car. I personaly never liked hyundai at all. Never liked any of thier cars but this car changed my mind about Hyundai. I will b purchasing this car in June of this year. I'm looking for 3 yr 36 lease. I'm putting $0 down and would like my payments to be Between $300.00 & $350.00 per month. Only interested in 3.8 with nav.
  • tucatuca Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    there was a demo car with 3k miles
    3.8 track with auto and navi... had special lease for...$299 with $3500 down for 36 month, 12k/yr..

is this good lease deal?
  • cards28cards28 Posts: 145
    Leasing a car is never a good way to get a car. Answer the question: Who owns the car at the end of the lease period? Answer: The dealer. You've made all those monthly payments and come away with nothing. The equity goes to the dealer. And, if you do read the contract carefully. If you go over the mileage for the lease period you'll have to pay a stiff penalty for each mile over the limit and watch out out for normal wear and tear clause. Don't do it!!!
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    In some cases, your lease payments wouldn't be much different from the depreciation suffered after a similar time period. And if you're unfortunately enought to have a major accident with the car, or the car turns out to be a lemon, your depreciation may be much greater than the total of your lease payments. :cry:
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    Leasing a car is never a good way to get a car.

That is certainly your opinion. There are pluses and minuses to it as with everything. If you don't mind always having a car payment and only drive 12 - 15k a year leasing isn't that bad. You basically are paying the depriciation with no variables. The maintenance costs are minimal and the car is under warranty the entire time you own it. I do believe that if you buy a car and drive it until the wheels fall off you will spend less money in the long run, however if you trade out every 3 - 4 years leasing becomes a much better option.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Good points, but I'd add one to it - do NOT put "money down" on a lease. All you're doing is lowering the payment, and if the car were to be totaled, that downpayment is gone.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Yep, and a common misconception is gap insurance would cover the money down. It won't.

Nope - it only covers the amount owed if it's higher than the vehicle's value. If you put money down, you owe less... so the (usually required) gap insurance would be of less value to you too.

Save the downpayment money, and just use it to help cover the lease payments.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

GAP insurance is provided by the Lessor though, right?
    I'm not a leasing expert, nor do I play one in these forums. :) I *believe* it is provided through them, though the lessee will, of course, pay for it.

It depends on the leasing company. For example, last I checked Toyota Financial does not include GAP in its leases but has no disposition fee, Hyundai Financial includes GAP but also has a $450 dispo fee. You pay for it one way or another. Either way check with the dealer if its included or not, chances are if its not included they will be interested in selling it to you.

I am open to being corrected, but I believe that most lease finance companies require gap insurance.

• bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    I would like to hear some reports from Coupe owners. How does is drive? How is the comfort and quiet at highway speed, and how is handling when you push it on twisty roads?
    but I believe that most lease finance companies require gap insurance.

I am not sure, however, I would say that most just include it. The last three vehicles I leased (two through Hann financial, and one through Hyundai Financial did. However, back in 2000 on my Solara it was optional with Toyota Financial.

• roll875roll875 Posts: 4
    anyone have major trouble driving genesis coupe in snow and ice
    What's disposition fee?