Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Hyundai Elantra

1235»

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,628
    Not sure if you've driven many Asian cars, but the Elanta's wiper stalk is very conventional for Asian cars: flip up for mist (one wipe), down one notch for intermittant (with a rotary control to adjust interval), down one more notch for slow wipe, and down one more notch for fast wipe. That's the way most Asian cars including Hyundais have done wipers for many years. I find it very easy and intuitive... but it would take getting used to if you are used to having wiper control on the turn signal stalk, which I don't happen to like (maybe because I'm so used to the dedicated wiper stalk on the right with all the Hyundais, Nissans, Toyotas, Mazdas etc. I've owned).
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    edited March 2011
    It's not the position of the control so much as the need to do two separate functions to set the intermittent speed and to turn on the wiper. A simple twist through the intermittent speeds and on to slow continuous and fast continuous is more ergonomically simple to me than having to twist a separate ring on the stalk to set intermittent speed and turn it on with a down motion.

I really will miss the dual sun visor system on my Taurus when I change vehicles next, which I believe no one offers any more on any vehicle. :(
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,628
    In most cases, it's a single action to turn on the intermittent wipers: flick the stalk down one notch. You only need to touch the dial if the speed needs adjusting. I leave my intermittent setting on low, and rarely have to adjust it. It's all what you're used to. I'm used to the way the Elantra et. al. do it; you're used to the way Ford does it.
  • kingdomsakingdomsa Posts: 14
    I bought two new Elantra's in 2010 - a Blue manual trans model and a GLS auto.

The GLS has 11k miles and just stalled on the road a month ago. After 3 weeks in the shop, Hyundai replaced the engine. The dealer's shop said it spun a main bearing - and said he had never seen that before. Running good now.

The Blue has a vibration in the steering wheel at cruising speed. It's bad enough to make my hands go to sleep after an hour. The dealer road force balanced all the tires/wheels and found one way out of spec and corrected it. But the vibration is still there - as bad as before. Interesting that if I push in the clutch at speed, the vibration goes away - so I'm thinking the vibration is associated with some part of the power delivery system, e.g. engine, clutch, trans, half-shafts or? Anybody got ideas of how I can explain the problem to the dealer - and how he should troubleshoot it?
  • janhopejanhope Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2010 Elantra GLS in Jan. of 2011. Also had a 2003 Elantra GLS that had a great ride - very smooth. I took the 2010 back to dealer complaining of the ride being excessively bouncy day after I received it. They said the shocks needed time to loosen up. Went back today - have sold the 2003 and now only driving the 2010 complaining of the same problem - especially if you are riding in the passanger seat. After waiting over 2 hours they say they don't notice any problems when they drive it. Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone that rides in my car complains. Feels like you are in a bouncy house!
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    So, a year and a half later...wondering if you ever found the source of the suspected drivetrain vibration?
1235»