Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Eclipse - 2005 and earlier

Comments

• xxbobxxxxbobxx Posts: 2
    It is located on the driver side of the air box behind the radio. Look from the top of the gas pedal up at a 30 degree angle to the fire wall, at the edge of the carpet is where it goes though the firewall. The air box is a black plastic box that fills the lower part of the dash behind the radio to app. 2 inches above the floor. The drain line is at the bottom corner of the box nearest the gas pedal exiting the firewall. The drain tube is fixed and is not removable. If it leaks the whole box has to be replaced or a new drain made and the lower part of the box modified to redirect the condensation to the new drain. In the engine compartment the tube barely comes though the wall, maybe a quater of an inch and can only be seen from underneath on a lift. Personally I thought this was poor design due trash accumulation in it from the road and cracking due to not having any flexibility filling the floor board with cold clear water while driving. I have since modified mine after pissing away $100 on two shops(one was the local mitsibishi deal repair expert) that would not listen to the issue I descibed and tried to tell me it was ok and I had a leak from rain and car washes. My floor has not been wet since my modification.
  • xxbobxxxxbobxx Posts: 2
    on the side ablut middle of the hatch back when raised there are one hole for drains on eaIt is located on the driver side of the air box behind the radio. Look from the top of the gas pedal up at a 30 degree angle to the fire wall, at the edge of the carpet is where it goes though the firewall. The air box is a black plastic box that fills the lower part of the dash behind the radio to app. 2 inches above the floor. The drain line is at the bottom corner of the box nearest the gas pedal exiting the firewall. The drain tube is fixed and is not removable. If it leaks the whole box has to be replaced or a new drain made and the lower part of the box modified to redirect the condensation to the new drain. In the engine compartment the tube barely comes though the wall, maybe a quater of an inch and can only be seen from underneath on a lift. Personally I thought this was poor design due trash accumulation in it from the road and cracking due to not having any flexibility filling the floor board with cold clear water while driving. I have since modified mine after pissing away $100 on two shops(one was the local mitsibishi deal repair expert) that would not listen to the issue I descibed and tried to tell me it was ok and I had a leak from rain and car washes. My floor has not been wet since my modification.

ch side thas stoped up clean out with a stiff wire also on the ac part .
  • Our son Jason's eclipse is running rough at idle and the transmission forward motion is almost non-existent. reverse is great. Engine speeds above idle seem fine. I am interested in any input or comments concerning overhaul vs used replacement of transmission and if there is any relationship between the tranny and rough idle?
    :) jro
  • that sounds like the throttle body. what you need to do is go get the throttle body cleaner and just clean it all out its very easy. I had to do that to my Eclipse last year and it worked. :) Hope it helps!
  • I just bought a 1990 eclipse GS it has an after market turbo and it is idling really rough. I tried to adjust the idle and it seemed to work for a little, I also changed my fuel filter and it still seems like my engine is starved for fuel. It does not like starting once I let her sit for a few hours I have to have my foot on the acelerator just to warm it up enough for to keep it from shutting off. Also when I am driving the check engine light comes on and my boost gauge stops reading, yet my turbo is still working properly. The other thing I have noticed is when im driving it feels like im trying to shift when im not and like im about to stall the car. Does anybody have any helpfull hints on this. I know nothing about this car and I cant find anything on alldata or any of the tech books I have or school books.
  • Hey everyone i am experiencing some major water problems.
    I have a 2000 eclipse GT and every time it rains water collects on the floor of my passenger side. This just started happening about a month ago when rain season had begun. I am thinking it is from the sunroof but i am not too sure.
    Please help!!!!
  • I have a 95 GSX that i bought recently... finding out too late that it was an old street racing car. I think the rear right axle may be ready to die on the car. I can't find the part new/used anywhere to buy it. Is it possible that the axles are the same for front and back bc it's an all wheel drive model? Also, anyone know where to get a cheap wheel bearing assembly?

Thanks
  • Hey guys... Ive got a mitsubishi eclipse GSX 1995, AWD no ABS.... the rear axle is shot and the wheel bearing sucks. Finding parts for a car that was manufactured for ONE year is tough.... bc they're in high demand. Should i find a part and fix it... (around $1,000) or junk it for parts?

thanks
  • I know you posted this a while ago, but i am experiencing the same thing with mine. Were you able to find the solution yourself? If so, would you be so kind as to share?

Thanks!
  • mlc4mlc4 Posts: 1
    I wanted to let you know that I had the same problem with my 99 GSX and I found someone that can either rebuild you current one or sell you another one. Contact axles unlimited in Charlotte, NC I spoke to Dave at 704-399-6746. He rebuilt mine for $140.
  • i had the same problem... my a/c was backed up so i was over flowin into the car not out
  • My daugther had a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that leaked water on the drivers side everytime she used the A/C. I found a place in Houston Texas that fixes it.
    Everyone had told me it would cost 800 to 1000 to fix. It cost me 285.00.
    For those of you that are able to go to Houston or live in Houston call:

Mcginnis Mitsubishi
    12211 Katy Freeway
    Houston Tx 77079
    281-496-4135

It took them 2 hours to fix. Great Service and great job.
  • I just bought a Mits Eclipse 2003 GS Spyder, but suddenly the alarm goes off everytime i open the door! Does anyone know how to off the alarm? Or is there a switch to off it?
  • www.partsgeek.com has Lots of parts mostly parts for repair but I Luv them 1 stop shopping..
  • did U get a Key Fob w car or u got the wrong one & if U tried that I'd call a Dealer & ask them or a car alarm place it might just be ur setting it off,Don't try removing anything that often just makes it worse
  • dianna13dianna13 Posts: 1
    Can u please share with me what the problem was and how they fixed it? I have same car and same problem. Driver side caroet soaked with a drip while air conditioner is running.
    Thank you
    Dianna
  • I have an eclipse that leaks (driver side inside) bc the AC evaporator line is clogged. The evaporator case needs to be cleaned.. Maybe Add a filter to prevent the problem from happening again. I've got the carpet, seats, and center console removed and all but one screw of the evaporator case removed. I can't get the last screw off to remove and clean. (I can touch it just cant get a bendy driver in there). Does the dash have to come off too?! How do I get the last center screw out of the case? Do I just break it to get it out and cleaned, and replace the whole unit after?
    TSB-04-55-008
  • I have owned many of these cars over the years and also work for toyota dealership and see that problem a lot. Underneath the car there will be a drain hose somewhere near the firewall for the a/c. Stick a blow gun up the hole a bit and squirt some compressed air up there and a lot of water should come out if nothing comes out a clog is not the problem. Try bringing car o a shop of don't have access to compressed air hopefully they shouldn't charge u much or anything at all. Good luck.
  • So I recently started having issues with my 1996 eclipse starting . I thought it might have been battery had it tested battery works just fine. The alternator is only 4. Months old so I thought it might have been the starter so I replaced the starter still same problem I have to jump the car every time to get it to start any ideas of what it could possibly be because I'm tired of dumping money into things that aren't the issue its a 1996 eclipse 2.0 non turbo
  • I have the same problem when it rains or when I wash the car. I know that the car was totaled before I bought it (wish I knew that before I bought it) so the dealer would not repair it. So my problem my be different from yours. The water comes in the driver's side and soaks the seat. Let me know if you've found a solution.