Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking to buy Civic LX 4D Auto in the next few days in NJ, anyone has any suggestion for the best deal around this area? Thanks.
  • I had a horrible buying experience this week. I contacted an internet buying service to get a phone quote for a 2002 4 dr Honda Civic Ex automatic MSRP 18270. The internet salesperson from David McDavid in Irving, TX contacted me Wednesday and told me he has been selling this car for $15,200 + TTL. I had an ad from another dealer in Ft. Worth for $15,995 + TTL. So I thought I was getting a good deal. After I showed up at David McDavid's (the next day) to test drive the car and negotiate the price the salesperson turned into a complete jerk. He refused to quote me a price and he performed the usual unethical tricks that I have experienced in the past. I finally was to able to submit an offer of $15,400 TTL. The salesperson stated that market conditions had changed overnight and the price of the car was $15,950 + TTL. I said goodbye and left.
  • I just bought my first Honda - a manual Civic Lx for $14200 (about invoice according to Edmunds without options)
    I had a great buying experience and I got the vehicle at the price I wanted without haggling. I purchased a 5 yr/100,000 mile extended warranty from the dealer for $900. A bit more what I have read other posters getting it for but I was basically concerned with the mileage on the warranty not the time since I drive 20,000 miles / per year.
    I got a great car at a fair deal. I intially considered the Elantra GT, Ford Focus ZX5 and the Nissan Sentra.
    I was impressed by the Elantra GT at the price offered but reputation ruled over the extras the Elantra offered with me.
    If you are in Eastern North Carolina, Bob Barbour Honda is the place to go.
  • I just purchased an 02 Civic LX sedan last night at Ralph Schomp Honda in Littleton, CO. I think I got a great deal on it but I'm interested in knowing what you all think.

My price was $13,749 + $250 (tint) + $450 (sales tax) for a total of about $14,450. The original price on it "was" 13999, but for whatever reason they were offering $250 off all Civics yesterday *only*. I'm thinking it was because it was the last day of the month.

I must say I was pretty pleased through the whole experience. No haggling policy and no hidden fees of any kind to worry about. The one negative on them I guess would be that I couldn't convince them to thrown in floor mats for me. :)

It's interesting to note that I called Mile High Honda (Aurora, CO) to see if they'd do anything with their price and they even told me to go ahead and buy it.

What do you all think?
  • After my horrible experience I went to Vandergriff in Arlington, TX. I showed the salesperson an ad from another dealer that was selling the 2002 Honda Civic 4 DR auto (MSRP - $18,270) for $15995 TTL and asked if he could beat the price. He said he could. I wanted ruby red car. The one I tested had side air bags (MSRP $18520) and some dealer extras ($565: tinted windows, appearance trim ?, and floor mats). The total price was $19085. The salesmen sold the car for $16,709. I could have probably negotiated another $100 off the price but the salesperson was honest and I didn't want to play any games. I felt like I got a fair deal.
  • I've been negotiating for a price on a new LX civic sedan. Automatic, standard features. Only extras are floor mats, mud guards and pinstripes.
    Total prices $15,061. This INCLUDES taxes (VA- $430), tags, and destination charges. According to the sales guy it's the lowest they will go and he says it's a "very good price". If I'm to believe edmunds it appears to actually be below invoice. Should I jump on it and buy it now or wait for the 2003's. My fellow civic owners and buyers out there opinions would be very appreciated.
  • I just took delivery of a 2002 Civic Si yesterday. I got the car for $17,500 which is under invoice, and then I stupidly believed the finance director who quoted the 100,000 mile Honda Care at $1500 and bought it.

I haven't received any information on the Honda Care warranty yet. I think I'll take the refund if I can.

Those of you who cancelled within the first month; can you tell me more about how you did that? Thanks.
  • Just took delivery of a new silver 2002 Civic 4dr Sedan w/ side air bags last night. Bought the car from Reagan Honda in Jefferson City, MO. Buying experience was very positive. MSRP on the car was $15,820, invoice = $14,501 - agreed on a price of $14,435 (with floormats) with the salesman via e-mail. When I showed up to pick up the car they had the car ready for me to test drive while they valued my trade-in, had the financing all ready also. I was there less than an hour to sign all the papers and have the salesman go over where everything was/how everything worked. They didn't try any tricks, everything we discussed via e-mail or on the phone prior to me showing up to get the car was correct and in place when I got there. All in all pretty satisfied.
  • mtyfmtyf Posts: 19
    Hi there,
    Sorry if you've seen this post on other discussions, just thought I'd try to reach as many as I could!
    I was wondering if anyone had recently bought an '02 Civic LX (auto, sedan, no extras) in Canada, and what they paid for it?

Thanks
  • Assume the car you bought was an LX 5sp manual. I had to pay over $400 extra in VA state taxes on my LX automatic (see post #207). Was wondering what your total drive off price was with that INCLUDED?
  • Oh yeah, MO has sales tax. I didn't pay the taxes at the dealer because I had a trade-in and was transfering the licence from my trade in to the new vehicle. The dealer merely took the plates off my trade-in and put them on the new car. I have 30 days to go to a state license office and officially transfer the license. To do this I must pay the sales tax on the difference between the cost of the new vehicle and what I got for my trade-in and show proof of insurance. The prices I was giving did not include the sales tax.
  • Hi --

Today i went to the dealer in Cleveland OH, to get a quote on Civic LX 2002. The sales guy told me 2002 models are on clearance sale and he gave me following quote....

Base price: 14995.00
    Keyless Entry: 316.00
    Cd Player: 390.00
    Splash Gaurd: 182
    -------------------------------
    Total: 15883

I thought keyless Entry was part of base price, but he told me ot is optional...
    I also felt like CD player is little bit expensive.

Looks like they are also getting some manufacture discount on these cars..
    So i am thinking of asking for 14500.00

Just wanted to check what you guys think about this?

Thanks
    Anil
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    Anil, are we talking 2002 LX 4-Door Automatic? The base price isn't far off the mark, but I've seen better. The options are pricey also.
  • > Base price: 14995.00

Sounds high. Here in Western NY I was able to get get an '02 LX Coupe 5 spd for $14,090. The advertised price from the same dealer for an LX Sedan automatic was $14,400 ($800 cheaper for a 5 speed). Coupe's were more due to limited availablity in the area. The dealer had no Coupes on the lot, but had at least 8 Sedans.

> Keyless Entry: 316.00

About $125 on the web - plus installation. Not included in LX models, but is included on EX models.

> Cd Player: 390.00

About $250 on the web - plus installation. If you really want a CD player consider an aftermarket unit instead. Cheaper and propably more powerful. Also, the 2003 LX models are supposed to come with a CD player.

> Splash Gaurd: 182

About $60 on the web - 4 screws each to install. One of the dealer's I talked to insisted on adding splash guards to all Civics for $139. The dealer I bought my Coupe from included the Splash Guards, floor mats, and pin striping in the $14,090 price.

Good luck!
  • Well, as usual I might have waited to long to find a deal as well as the exact car. Oh well...

Chorn, when you went to Vandergriff who was the saleman?

Raybear, would 15,800 be a good or a great price considering no airbags? I feel its great if airbags are included, but i could be wrong! [often if you ask my wife :( ]

I am in the Dallas area as is Chorn. By the way, if i came to California, would I have to pay sales taxes twice, once there, once here?

I never know how it works going from state to state.

Thanks
    pmpkin123
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    $15,800 would be a good price. You can get a decent deal in the Houston area if Dallas fails. No need to go to California.
  • You only have to pay sales tax in the state where you will register the car. You shouldn't have to pay tax twice.
  • Just purchased a 02 Civic EX Auto with no side airbags here in NJ for $15,250. In and out of the dealer with the car in about 2.5 hours no problems.
  • The salesman's name is Tom Ludowissi
  • 20exc20exc Posts: 16
    Last month got an EX for the 16 year old soon to be driver and the wife to use to run around town. One month and 2500 miles later getting about 35 mpg. Tonight went and picked up a Hybrid CVT for the rest of the running. Much less road noise and great get up and go compaired to the EX. Will let you all know how the two go next to each other in the same family.