Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gwriegergwrieger Posts: 2
    My EX Sedan (no nav.) is coming in the 1st at latest. I know the saleswoman has a personal goal she wants to meet this month so I am hoping it comes in today or tomorrow. I could not get her to divuldge if the dealership was stretching for their month. Just communicating over the phone, I have her down to $19,210 (or about 600 below MSRP). I know the supply is catching up some with the demand - but I was looking for advice if you think I should go with this, if no budge, or try and press a little more. I was competing it with another dealerhip, but they have started to drop out so I dont want to run the chance of loosing the car as it is exaclty what I want.

I have not got an official OTD price but I know the dealership and they are reputable so I am 99% confident that it wil be the $19,210 (or whatever we settle on) plus TTL. I made sure they would NOT put any options or accessories on it when it got there.

Does this look and sound good?

I have learned a great deal over the last few days. I've owned both a Prelude and Accord - back in the day, but this will be my first Honda purchase in probably 9 or 10 years.

Thanks for your help and all your advice.
  • gwriegergwrieger Posts: 2
    Not sure if location matters that much, but this car will be purchased in the Houston area. Thanks!
  • roger29roger29 Posts: 2
    No I did not check out any other dealers. I live 10 minutes away from Clinton Honda and I have a 2001 Accord EX sedan that I have serviced there with no complaints. The salesman was fine, no high pressure but firm on his price and would not negotiate on accessories. He just gave me the keys to the car I was interested in and let me test drive it by myself. I got the price quote by email even before I made an appointment to visit the dealership.
  • tofu118tofu118 Posts: 2
    Just got my white 2006 Civic Ex Coupe AT @Hyannis Honda in Mass. Drove 2 hours to get it.

$18,995 With Destination was my offer. (friend of a friend was sales manager)
    $949.75 MA Tax 5%
    $86.00 Title and Reg
    $130.00 misc fee for vehicle prepping, sticker, registering at dealer etc
    $20160 OTD

I had a sales manager friend search all over new england for this car WITH navi for about a month, but thats like impossible, cuz all the navi's are in the sedans. I even waited until the middle of the month so i can order one and he still couldnt get one with navi for me. so i settled for the white one without navi, and that took about another 2 weeks for a WHITE EX one. Civics are in demand lately cuz of the gas prices and the so called "Car of the year" bla bla.. so whoever wants one better get it before the price will go up, cuz they are already. hope this helps, cuz the other posts helped me before i got it.
  • $17,831 with Dest.
    $45.00 Doc.
    $1318 CA. tax
    $179 title and Reg.
    $8.75 Tire [whatever that is]
    Total: $19381.75
    Oakland Honda

Good experience, little BS. I think it was clear I knew what I wanted and what I should be expected to pay for it. I got a quote from a salesman in another town, took that to Oakland and they beat it by a lot. Based on my research here I knew if I really wanted to bang on the table I might get another hundred or so out of them but, it didn't seem worth it. They treated me very well and made me a fair offer, why should I turn around and harass them to save, what, another 3 bucks a month? Nah, life's too short.

I would suffer another huge traffic jam to work with them again.
  • chejo28chejo28 Posts: 34
    I was reading the posts and I am wondering if anybody can actually verify that the prices for the Civics will actually go up because of its high demand. I also read that Navi system is hard to find in Civic coupes. Is this true? My husband is planning on buying in November to get the '07 Civic Coupe AT with Navi that's why I'm pretty curious on what's going on in the market. I appreciate any replies! Thanks! :shades:
  • casifancasifan Posts: 7
    just got a 4 dr civic lx mt last night.
    $15450
    $550 destination charge.
    $268.30 reg/doc fee
    Total = 16268.30
    NO TAX ;) b/c my trade in value was more than what this car was worth...
  • Hi, I was going to buy a Civic tonight in Seattle ($17,100 was the best I could do on 2006 LX Sedan AT), and the dealer wanted me to sign a loan application "for verification" and do a "collateral loan" thing because I was going to pay with a personal check. I said - no, I will get a certified or cashier check. They said - fine, but you will still have to sign a load application so we can verify your identity. This doesn't make sense to me. Is that a normal practice?
  • slorenzenslorenzen Posts: 241
    in Oregon. Is this a reasonable deal?
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    Do they have the Civic in stock in the color that you want?

If they do, then buy it.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    I don't know if it's normal or not, but I would walk away from the deal if they insisted on that.
  • brupopbrupop Posts: 63
    Hi Scott,
    Could you tell me which dealer in the Portland area you are looking at for this Civic and where you got your Accord?
    We are in the market for an Accord and would appreciate your input into which dealer(s) you've found have good prices, are honest, and that you would use again.
    Thanks,
    GregB
  • dimon12dimon12 Posts: 10
    Just bought 2006 Civic Ex AT Sedan InterGalaxy Gray Metallic:
    18263 - sale price (incld dest)
    45 - doc fees
    191.75 - DMV fees
    1602 - tax
    20102 - OTD car price
    1000 - 72 month/100,000 miles platinum warranty
    21102 - total OTD price

Paid cash at Dublin Honda, didn't have to haggle but came prepared. Outstanding service, email me for salesman's name, really great experience...
    I bought the Accord in April '04 from Kendall Honda in Eugene, afer getting several prices on the internet, and making them beat it.

The best price I've seen so far on the EX-5M civic came from Capitol Honda, in Salem I think. I will take the best price back to Kendall once again, and if they don't beat it, Salem isn't very far...
    Why don't you just take it to the dealer that gave you the best price up front and given them your business?
    I would prefer to spend the money locally, and this dealer is 25 miles from home, vs Salem, roughly 75 miles away.
  • fslaugtsfslaugts Posts: 36
    Total price out the door was $20,850. I offered $20,000. Was told tomorrow (monday) they will speak with head man and give me a call if he approves. This was Tampabay, area Florida.
  • jph3006jph3006 Posts: 49
    Obviously the salesman didn't close properly, did he?
    sounds to me that he received his price via email.
    Yes.

Cars.com sends an e-mail to 3-4 dealers, and I use that as leverage with the local guy. The lowest price is in McMinville, over 100 miles from my house, so if I had any issues, I'd like the local dealer to deal with. Kendall in Eugene can be a real pain to negotiate with, so I get a quick quote on line, and have them beat it(worked on the '04 EX-V6 I bought 2 years ago).