Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mnooralimnoorali Posts: 1
    I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area...please let me know what prices people have gotten in that area so I can go in to the negotiating table with some reasonable numbers.

Thanks
  • $18,970 + TTL @ Honda City Chicago.
  • $22,267 at Superior Honda.
  • Could've bought for $18.9k.
  • So Cal.

March.

Honda Finance.
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    thanx lakerskobe for the reply.

Going back over the last two months of posts it seems that March was good for a purchase and HF's So.Cal. interest rates and OTD's are going to be hard to beat in the NE in April.

You saved me a bunch of time chasing a few hundred $ numbers alltold paid out over 60 months. Much appreciated.
  • luisdg17luisdg17 Posts: 2
    $18.9k for the car itself or OTD?
  • jiimmmjiimmm Posts: 15
    Paid $16,986, price included both destination and doc fee......
  • bagotrabagotra Posts: 1
    Hi

This is a great deal . Could you please send the details . Which vendor and break for OTD for fincance or cash down
    edited April 2013
    Look in the Accord & CRV forums... without a template type of post the predominant number of these OTD Civic posts are not useful for us all here.

We need numbers in a logical manner.........
  • Can anyone please let me know the OTD prices at northern virginia/MD/DC area?
  • nrborodnrborod Posts: 79
    That price doesn't seem right--way low
  • Yeah, tell me how I got "hosed" when the bottom line, OTD price of the vehicle was low to the point that NO OTHER DEALER in the metro ATL area would even touch it. No one, out of over 14 dealers that I worked, was in the least bit interested in trying to beat the OTD price of $18,978. None.

So, when you have the absolute, rock-bottom OTD price that no other dealer shows any interest in trying to beat, regardless of the doc fee, how is that "getting hosed"?

Negotiable? Sure, if I was the dealer, who knows he gave me a damn good OTD price, I would say, "bring me someone else's mail quote to you that is lower than $18,978, and I will adjust my price."

Maybe some folks would just sleep better at night paying a higher OTD price with a low doc fee, huh? That way, they can rest easy knowing they didn't get "hosed".......
    edited April 2013
    16999 plus 699 Dealer Doc Fees = 17698 sale price.

Decent price and you did NOT get "hosed"... additionally, poster [u]lakerskobe[/u] failed to designate whether it was a Garden or Firemen's ;)

Those reading the forums have read of lower prices over these last several months - I think I remember 17k as bottom - but MY direct request to support u]lakerskobe's[/u] 17k claim was met with their obtuse response as can be read here at message #10477 http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea7241/10476#MSG10476

Yours is a solid price... ignore any "trolling" from low-post "members" and BS numbers... and enjoy the car! :)
  • Anyone dumb enough to pay $699 doc fee (pure profit for dealer) got royally hosed.

I paid $17k + $80 doc fee. I used Truecar and no other dealers would go lower than $17.8k.
    edited April 2013
    [i]lakerskobe wrote: "Anyone dumb enough to pay $699 doc fee (pure profit for dealer) got royally hosed. I paid $17k + $80 doc fee. I used Truecar and no other dealers would go lower than $17.8k."[/i]

Instead of WHOLLY insupportive commentary for those perusing the forum, there are PLENTY of FREE sites to which you can upload a direct/cropped scan or a smart-phone cropped pic of the buyer's order to support your claim.

Congrats on seller's $80 doc cap (State based?) for the buyer, and be thankful you don't live in Illinois and wanted to do a lease :(
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,680
    Down here we have the $699 dealer fees which are stupid but just part of the cost of doing business. I always go for an OTD price and let them fill in the numbers any way they want to and this way seems to work...just lower the price of the vehicle by the doc fee and all is good. I just have to get my bottom line price and I am good. If no one accepts, I need to reconfigure my numbers somehow but eventually I will get the vehicle at the price I am comfortable with. The key I've found is not to absolutely need or fall in love with the particular vehicle...by doing this, I can walk out if I don't get my price. And also not absolutely needing it makes this so much easier!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    I had a similar reaction the first time I saw a doc fee that high. However, I soon found the explanation: Doc fees are substantially different in different parts of the country.

Sandman offers sound advice: Shoot for the bottom line and let the dealer arrange the numbers however they wish.

If a buyer is happy with the deal they got, telling them they shouldn't be seems pointless.
  • Really dumb to pay that much, especially when it's negotiable.
  • kat4goodkat4good Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I am trying to get a good deal on a 2013 EX. The only OTD quote that I got was a 21,650 and a 19,535 base price without any of other fees unless I show up in person. Does anyone have some numbers that they can share. One salesman asked me what I thought was 'fair'? This is in Dallas Ft worth, Texas area.
    I've purchased both a Civic and a Pilot in the past few years in DFW. Both times, Rusty Wallis had the lowest quote. We purchased the Civic there. On the Pilot, we got a dealer closer to us (Huggins) to price match.

As you probably know, you've got quite a few Honda dealerships to choose from in the metroplex. I'd contact them all!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• kat4goodkat4good Posts: 2
    I have contacted about six of them and three OTD prices are in the 21,650 range and 21,500 and two that are about 19,535 want me to come in....
    This is just my personal preference, but I did all my negotiating via email. The dealerships that wouldn't give me a quote via email and/or insisted that I come in got scratched off the list. That was really my previous point... With so many Honda dealers in the DFW area, you can be picky about who you deal with and on what terms.
  • nrborodnrborod Posts: 79
    I am considering a lease on a 2013 Civic 4 Door EX-L( no NAV), 36 months, 15K per year, taxes and tags up front ONLY--wondering what a reasonable monthly payment might look like at this point from peoples' experience?
  • 858smith858smith Posts: 2
    the cheapest i've found in the area i'm at (central mississippi) is $18,500, including taxes, fees, etc.

i called 6 other dealerships & i was quoted over $19,100 each. i'm going to the dealership on monday to finalize everything & hopefully get my new wheels! :)
  • bliz1bliz1 Posts: 5
    Is this a good price for this spring sale... Msrp 21605 prices quoted 19535 and 19700 but both are not incl taxes fees etc and add in 599 dealer fee which is common in fl even though no one wants to pay it
  • bliz1bliz1 Posts: 5
    in central fl if you have a costco card you can get 19535 however then they add a propack bring th e price back up to 20730 before fees. Also for an automatic there are not many on the lot so difficult to deal with unless they have what you want.
  • jw0648jw0648 Posts: 1
    Can you send me the quote by any chance to jhwoo0326@hotmail.com? I also live in ATL, GA. Which dealershop did you buy it from? Ive been trying to negotiate the price over a month but still didn't get the price that low
  • saumildsaumild Posts: 1
    Hey there!! Just got a civic lx 2013 yesterday. Got 20480 otd. That includes the dealer accessories and honda care for 100K/96months. You might wanna check with lute riley at richardson.