Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm looking to lease and like the civic lx 2013, no dealer add-ons. MSRP was 19,755. Initial deal was a special of 2k down and 159/month (excluding ttl, and I think excl destination?). I am new to leasing so a lot of the numbers are confusing to me, but would love some input.

In the end, they quoted 195 including tax (excluding title, license),

I have a trade in valued at $500
    Would put $500 cash down (though I'd rather not put anything down).
    The money factor was .00011 (I think).
    They discounted the MSRP to 17,600 (something like that);
    Residual Value: around 11,280.
    It's in las vegas, so the sales tax is 8.1%.
    the $500 down would cover first month and 197 left is cap cost reduction (I think that's how they got down to 17,600, but honestly I can't remember all of the numbers, so it could be more than 17,600).

And frankly, I didn't want to put any money down -- I still think they valued my trade too low -- kbb is 1341, edmunds is 1140 (something around there), so I was hoping to get closer to 1000 for it as a trade in and not put any money down. It's a 1997 nissan maxima GLE with 78k miles in ok cosmetic shape, but still runs great and is very low mileage wise -- I just want a nicer car.

Is this a good deal?

I'd like to get it down closer to 180 including tax (I'm from LA and just visiting family in Vegas, so I would register it in LA, and tax there is 9%, though I'd be fine with a paying the difference for LA and having it be a bit over 180). They also told me the money factor is .00065 in LA -- this confused me -- why can't I use the money factor where I lease instead of where I register? Is it because the tax is based on where I live/garage the car? Or...?

Is 165-170 plus ttl doable?

What is a good lease deal at this point?

Thanks!

·
  • gmanusmc,

The place i visited was Honda cars of Corona. They also tried to sell me a package with wheel lock, mud-guard, trunk tray for $800. I told them thank you and walked out.

Thanks,

·
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436

@tqh2013 said:
    gmanusmc,

The place i visited was Honda cars of Corona. They also tried to sell me a package with wheel lock, mud-guard, trunk tray for $800. I told them thank you and walked out.

Thanks,

Good job - don't blame you - those things can be bought for a fraction of that (if you want them, that is)

Bill G

·
  • Anyone in Central NJ area that got a good deal on 2013 Civic LX? Appreciate inputs

·
  • @ck90211 said:
    Just bought a Silver '13 LX Coupe, $13998 + freight + tags + 6%MD tax, etc., OTD is $16181. Big improvement over 2012 in plastic quality.

What dealership?

·
  • About the extend warranty for new 2013 civic sedan ex-l, anyone know is it worth to buy it? If so, what is the fair price? Thanks !!

·
  • $16.1k seems ridiculously low. One VA dealer I called that I know sold for $17k is refusing to give a quote online or via phone. Is demanding an inperson visit for a quote.

·
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,271

@hmmhmm3 said:
    $16.1k seems ridiculously low. One VA dealer I called that I know sold for $17k is refusing to give a quote online or via phone. Is demanding an inperson visit for a quote.

Some of the so called "Prices Paid" numbers in forums such as this one can be a bit...well..." enthusiastic" Be aware of that!

·
  • chuckyzchuckyz Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

Just bought a 13 Civic Lx sedan here in the Bay Area, CA.

18,300 out the door w/ tax, title, licensing, etc.

Breakdown of the fees include:

• Purchase Price of car (w/ dest) 16,338
    • DMV: 257
    • Document Fee: 80
    • Tire Tax: 8.75
    • Sales Tax 9%

Total: 18300 OTD

This included the dealer-installed options: edge guard film, mud guards, wheel locks, and a aftermarket Karr alarm.

Financed through Honda at 4.5%. Didn't get lowest rate due to credit. But very happy with price.

·
  • veri1veri1 Posts: 6
    edited January 2014

del

·
  • veri1veri1 Posts: 6

Bought 2013 Civic LX for $16500 (OTD) in northern VA yesterday. There was an incentive of $500 for recent college grad. Hope it is a good deal. This forum helped a lot on a target price befoer approaching Dealers.

·
  • vmsivmsi Posts: 5

bought a New 2013 Honda Civic EX-L Navi 4DR Sedan for $20,800 -$500 Honda Incentive= $20,300 + Tax $1450.00 +Doc Fee $250.00 +$50.00 Licence Fee= $22,100.00 OTD price from Honda Marrysville Dealer,Ohio.

2013 Honda Civic EX-L Navi -4DR Sedan OTD: Price of $22,100.00

I assume this is a good Deal for EXL Navi, where the true car quoting me a base price of $22,000.00 , where i got $22,100.00 OTD.

·
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,767

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

·
  • radar007radar007 OhioPosts: 15

I'm looking for prices paid on 2014 Civic EX and EX-L models. Anyone buy one of these yet around Ohio? I've got a few internet quotes but was wondering how far below invoice they are willing to go this time of year? Thanks.

·
  • bbb99bbb99 Posts: 58

Looking for the best price on a 2013 Honda Civic LX in Austin, TX. I got a quote of 19k before ttl, what's the lowest I can go? It looks like people are getting it in the 16k range before ttl.

·
  • if someone wouldn't mind..i keep reading all these posts, and people keep mentioning trying to get 1000 + dollars off "invoice".

Is that the Factory Invoice + Destination fee? Or does "invoice" mean MSRP? Sorry, just really confused

·
  • @bbb99 said:
    Looking for the best price on a 2013 Honda Civic LX in Austin, TX. I got a quote of 19k before ttl, what's the lowest I can go? It looks like people are getting it in the 16k range before ttl.

You should be able to do a lot better than that. For the LX, there are a lot of reports on here where people paid around 16k before ttl. I paid 16.3k if you look a few posts back.

@11tybillion said:
    if someone wouldn't mind..i keep reading all these posts, and people keep mentioning trying to get 1000 + dollars off "invoice".

Is that the Factory Invoice + Destination fee? Or does "invoice" mean MSRP? Sorry, just really confused

Factory invoice is exactly what it is. Do a search here on edmunds under the new car buying guide. For example, the MSRP for the Civic LX is 19,775 with a factory invoice price of 18,433. There are plenty of folks on here that paid 1-2k off of invoice price before taxes, title, and licensing as those vary by state and county. For example, I paid 16.3k in CA if you look a few posts back.

·
  • Pretty sure I got ripped off badly lol. I bought a 2013 EX civic for 21k otd. They made me buy wheel locks, splash guards, and some stupid trunk thing for 499...hopefully this civic is reliable so i don't have to buy another new car for at least a decade :(

·
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 14,068

@11tybillion said:
    Pretty sure I got ripped off badly lol. I bought a 2013 EX civic for 21k otd. They made me buy wheel locks, splash guards, and some stupid trunk thing for 499...hopefully this civic is reliable so i don't have to buy another new car for at least a decade :(

Maybe, maybe not. You did get a great and reliable car that should easily last a decade or more if you maintain it. Check in with us first next time - lots of folks here willing and able to help you get a great price.

Enjoy your new Civic!

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

·
  • @radar007 said:
    I'm looking for prices paid on 2014 Civic EX and EX-L models. Anyone buy one of these yet around Ohio? I've got a few internet quotes but was wondering how far below invoice they are willing to go this time of year? Thanks.

What kind of price quotes did you get for EX?
    I just got $20,290 for 2014 Civic EX (car + destination fee) in CT
    Looking to see how good of a price that is.
    Max

·
    edited January 2014

I got quotes for $20,500, $19,890 and $19,640 all plus TTL for the 2014 Civic EX. EX-L was $21,168. Most doc fees were $250 and one was $130 which was at a PA dealer. I'm still on the fence on which car I want. I would feel more comfortable around $19,000 but doubt that is doable this early in the year. Good luck.

·
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 34,023

Are you shopping in Ohio? The state regulates the maximum doc fee at $250.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

·

Yes looking in OH but only 25 min drive from PA so got 1 quote from there and doc fee was $130.

·
  • @radar007 said:
    I got quotes for $20,500, $19,890 and $19,640 all plus TTL for the 2014 Civic EX. EX-L was $21,168. Most doc fees were $250 and one was $130 which was at a PA dealer. I'm still on the fence on which car I want. I would feel more comfortable around $19,000 but doubt that is doable this early in the year. Good luck.

Thank you for sharing! Because of you I was able to negotiate for 2014 Civic EX to $19700, which includes destination fee, but does not include tax/title/reg/doc fee. Dealers don't have many EX on the lot yet, so they are not as keen to negotiate.
    thanks
    Max

·
    Great job! I know it's early in the year so negotiating is going to be tough. I'm debating between this and a leftover '13 accord LX demo for just a little more. I'm gonna target $1000 under invoice but may not get there this time of year. Enjoy your civic!!
    ·
  • So i recently bought my civic...after I had signed all the paperwork, the salesman then told me that they had misplaced the other two keys and remote, and owner's manual -- I said this is ok, but I want the keys and manual shipped to me via UPS (the dealership is an hour away from where I live). My friend told me that this is grounds for me to return the car. I'm actually considering it (if true), so I can upgrade to the accord. Do you guys know if there is any truth to this?

As of right now, I only have one basic key so when I have passenger's I have to manually unlock their door which is a PITA...

·
  • I should mention, I bought it last Tuesday. I called on Friday and they said they'd get back to me, and no one has yet.

·
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 34,023

"the salesman then told me"

"My friend told me"

Pretty sure that neither of those statements are going to let you return a car that you've already purchased... Just stay on the dealership about getting your keys and manual to you..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

·
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,271

I totally agree. You have no grounds to return a car over a silly detail like that. Things happen.

If those items don't arrive very quickly I would call and ask to speak to their General Manager.

·
  • luckypraluckypra Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

I got a quote for 2014 Civic LX,

• Internet Price - 17173 (including D&H)
    • NJ Tax - 7%
    • NJ Motor Vehicle - $276 - $301
    • Doc - $359

This is in NJ. Not sure what is NJ Motor Vehicle charges As I see new plates fee from DMV is like $60.

What you guys thinks about it?

·