Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1340341342343344346»

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,741

I totally agree. You have no grounds to return a car over a silly detail like that. Things happen.

If those items don't arrive very quickly I would call and ask to speak to their General Manager.

• luckypraluckypra Posts: 1
    edited January 23

I got a quote for 2014 Civic LX,

• Internet Price - 17173 (including D&H)
    • NJ Tax - 7%
    • NJ Motor Vehicle - $276 - $301
    • Doc - $359

This is in NJ. Not sure what is NJ Motor Vehicle charges As I see new plates fee from DMV is like $60.

What you guys thinks about it?

• g6leaserg6leaser Posts: 48

Trying to help my sister in law lease a new 2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L CVT Sedan with Navigation - MSRP $25,030 (includes $790 destination) 36 months / 15,000 miles. If I can negotiate the price to $23,800 (about $500 over invoice). She would like to only put first month down but could go up to $1,500. Does someone have the money factor / residual for the 2014 Honda Civic EX-L CVT w/nav for 36mos/15,000 miles. What would a reasonable lease price with those figures - NJ Sales Tax 7%, NJ Motor Vehicle 275, Doc Fee 269. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Note - She went to the dealer with her dad and was quoted $249/month on a 2013 Civic EX w/o navigation MSRP 21,065 (don't know what negotiated car price was) same 36mos/15,000 miles with $1,500 down. Dealer is going to waive her remaining 4 2011 lease payments on her current Civic.

Thanks! ER

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,146
    edited January 26

I don't have any money factor information on the 2014 Civic.. The residual for that model is 55%.

The 2013 Civic EX that was quoted probably has a lot of incentives and a low, low money factor. Rates for the 2014 loaded up model probably won't be close.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks to kyfdx and all of the great input in here, I was able to negotiate a lease for a 2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX MSRP 21,605 for $225/month 36mos / 15,000 miles a year lease. KYFDX is the bomb!!!

• txvhptxvhp Posts: 1

I'm also considering negotiating a 2013 EX lease. Was the $225/month with the $1500 down or another amount? Thanks!

txvhp - we wanted to keep the payments lower, so we put the $1500 down, so it was $225/month 36 mos. /15,000 miles. There is also dealer incentive cash you may be able to get for more cap reduction if you ask.

• Opinions on this lease deal for the State of MD for 2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX

$205/month, 36 months, 12k miles/year.

$0 down

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,741

@kosmokramer said: Opinions on this lease deal for the State of MD for 2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX

$205/month, 36 months, 12k miles/year.

$0 down

_I'm surprised there are any 2013's left.

You can probably get the same deal or very close to it on a 2014 because of the residuals._

• jayszjaysz Posts: 3

Purchased a 2014 Civic EX today at Sloane Honda in Philadelphia, PA, bought the car for $19390 plus tax and tags with 1.9% financing. I have purchased 3 cars at this dealership and they are ok to deal with, this is my 3rd Honda from them. You do need to be pretty firm and they will give you a good price, they know me pretty well by now.

Salesman told me the best price he could do was $19890 and then I spoke with the manager this morning and said I wanted to do a deal and I need a little better price. He gave me $500 honda down payment assistance, which means the dealership gets a portion of the funds from Honda. Although since they do not reduce the price of the car by that amount you pay tax on the $500.

Drove a Camry and Corolla this morning before the deal and the Honda's were just so much better quality, the cvt on the Corolla did not perform well at all, oh well glad to help if I can, Jay.

• Congrats!. Great price for the great car. Are you sure it is not 2013??? :)

I am also in Philly are, do you mind sharing the sales person name?

Thanks!

@jaysz said: Purchased a 2014 Civic EX today at Sloane Honda in Philadelphia, PA, bought the car for $19390 plus tax and tags with 1.9% financing. I have purchased 3 cars at this dealership and they are ok to deal with, this is my 3rd Honda from them. You do need to be pretty firm and they will give you a good price, they know me pretty well by now.

Salesman told me the best price he could do was $19890 and then I spoke with the manager this morning and said I wanted to do a deal and I need a little better price. He gave me $500 honda down payment assistance, which means the dealership gets a portion of the funds from Honda. Although since they do not reduce the price of the car by that amount you pay tax on the $500.

Drove a Camry and Corolla this morning before the deal and the Honda's were just so much better quality, the cvt on the Corolla did not perform well at all, oh well glad to help if I can, Jay.

Nope it's a 2014, has all the new bells and whistles, so far loving the car :). Jay. I sent you a message with the salesperson, thanks.

• Thank you..

Does the price of $19390 include destination charge or any other fees?

Just want to confirm that the break down is $19890 + Tax + Tag/Title - $500. Than you.

@jaysz said: Nope it's a 2014, has all the new bells and whistles, so far loving the car :). Jay. I sent you a message with the salesperson, thanks.

Everything but tax and tags, they shouldn't give you a hard time, if you need me to go with you I sent my number and I will gladly call them if not make the trip. Also no doc fee other than the $229 for the new license plate, I had Davis Honda down to $18999 but they have a $400 doc fee plus the registration fee. You should have no problem but if you gonna do the deal, do it now, month end is coming, the beginning of the month may have a new program and they are tougher to deal with at that time.

• galdagalda Posts: 1
    edited May 1

2014 Civic LX Automatic, no extras. Selling price (incl. delivery charges) $17,283. It's $1,220 below the truecar price for my zip code. Fees: $166 doc fee, $25 electronic filing, $120 plate transfer. OTD price $18,861. 3rd party financing, so they didn't get $500 from Honda. Honda on Grand in IL.

• l1ndsayl1ndsay Posts: 2
    @geerod62‌ I have a question for you since you're from canada too! May I ask what you ended up purchasing and for how much? I JUST bough a 2014 Civic LX sedan w Manual Transmission for $19,200 OTD. I really hope that was a good deal... Cheers!
  • just purchased a 2014 civic lx coupe automatic for 17720 OTD in the bay area. 16000 selling price. Used truecar and received an email from one of the dealers advertising a weekend special. Haggle-free and purchased the car at the dealer same day.