Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    Last December, we purchased a 2008 LX sedan from Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas for $100 over invoice. They had the best price in the DFW metroplex at the time. I don't know what prices look like now since I'm no longer in the market.
  • faykfayk Posts: 11
    Hi:

Don't know if you got in touch with Marcus but I was the original post about Willett Honda (post #7150). There's another post #7165 which details the breakdown of the costs for my daughter's car along with the first name of the internet sales manager she used. Good luck. She loves her car. :)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,355
    "I am very mad" Why?

Just a reflection of the market and inventory levels in your area.
  • voidvoicevoidvoice Posts: 24
    Dealer offer 17259 for a civic LX sedan auto (MSRP 18340 ). how is that deal? it is close to invoice according to edmunds.
  • cuysecocuyseco Posts: 45
    Civictory,

Did you make the deal over the internet with Rusty Wallis?
  • kmybeankmybean Posts: 3
    I am getting a Civic EX-L Coupe (no Navi) for $23,000 OTD. Am I overpaying or is this a reasonable deal considering the current market conditions? Thanks in advance for your input!
  • kmybeankmybean Posts: 3
    Did you pay $20,200 OTD or before TTL?
  • kravonkravon Posts: 30
    Gracious 23k for a Civic. Do the math on average MPG for that versus an Accord over 5 years and see if it makes sense.
  • reggc0reggc0 Posts: 4
    In my opinion some people seem to be over-paying for Civics. Why not look at other makes and models instead of dealing with the hassle?
  • nortcronnortcron Posts: 3
    Fayk,

What style did your daughter get? Was it a Civic LX Automatic factory equipped without any major options missing (i.e. power windows)? Let me know when you can. I am going to begin the process of dealing and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi Nortcron:

She got a 2008 4 dr AT LX Civic in the Galaxy Gray which had 3 miles on it when she took it on a test drive. It is equipped with all of the options listed as "standard" on the Honda website (ABS, airbags, power windows, power locks etc). She did not get any sort of appearance package or dealer option package. She did not get anything fancier like leather seats, navi etc. It's what I refer to as the "basic" LX.

She bought the car on June 30. Since that was at the end of the month, I don't know how that will impact your negotiations. Dealerships usually seem to give more aggressive pricing close to the end of the month.

The internet manager she dealt with was Mr. Tryan B. If you mention that my daughter (Marissa) recommended him, she gets a thank you gift!

Other dealerships called Willett liars and told my daughter that the deal would never materialize when she went to buy the car. As I said in my first post, they gave her a price, stood by it, no hassle, no pressure. What more could you ask for. Good luck! :D
  • xmomxmom Posts: 4
    Hi-

I am in the Atlanta area, I need help in getting a good price for a LX Sedan AT. Can you tell how your daughter got the OTD price so low. So far my best offer has been 19391. Did she just randomly email the dealer? Also, would appreciate feedback from anyone, on atllanta area current prices. I would like to buy next weekend jul-25-27. thanks
    Hi:

Not sure how she got such a good deal and yes she did just email the dealers. But she also started out with a list of over 20 dealerships and then worked from there. It's also been a little over a month since she first asked for the quotes. Maybe pricing has gotten much worse since then. I do know that she got her second best price from Carey Paul Honda.

Most of the in town dealerships gave her extremely high quotes and even though they said that their pricing "wouldn't be beat," when she gave them the quote from Willett they totally backed away. I would recommend asking for quotes in at least a 50-100 mile radius of Atlanta. If you can save a thousand dollars or more it would seem to be worth it to drive to get the car. All you need to do is go to Honda.com and they can give you a list of all the surrounding dealerships. I'd start from there.

Good luck with your search.
  • intakegraintakegra Posts: 1
    Hello, I just purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2004 Civic LX Sedan for $14,600 OTD. Vehicle is in supreme condition with only 18,XXX miles. The warranty is for Powertrain for 7 years/100,000 Mi & 1 year/12,000 Mi limited warranty. Edmunds TMV has the car listed for $14,075 before TT&L. Can anyone tell me how did I do. Please be blunt, even if I got ripped off or not. Thanks, appreciate it.
  • glenfordglenford Posts: 138
    I wrote last week about a $4 over invoice Civic Si price for a car to come in, and I was skeptical. I owe the dealership for that skepticism. Car came 4-5 days later, they held it for me with a refundable deposit, I went and drove it, and the price was just as offered.

$20280 + tax + docs (state fees + $45). All as they promised, and fast and easy.

2008 Civic Si Sedan, silver, 7 miles on it.

Tim
  • I just want to second that the deals are to be had at Willett Honda. Mine was an automatic 2008 Sedan LX out the door for 18141. Pretty sweet price for such a hot car. Email me and I'll give you all the details!

marcusvaldes@bellsouth.net
  • Send me an email at marcusvaldes@bellsouth.net. I'll give you all the details on Willett Honda!

Marcus
  • xmomxmom Posts: 4
    Did you by any chance price the Ex Sedan AT?
    Please advise on prices to expect see in the Atlanta area on the
    EX Automatic Sedan as well as the LX
    Thanks
  • wongx2wongx2 Posts: 9
    My wife really wanted a Prius but being in the Bay Area, its like impossible to get one. So instead I finally convinced her to either a Civic Hyrbid or an EX - or maybe even an Accord. Did anyone have a good experience recently? I'm willing to travel even.

EX-L Sedan with Auto. Any colour is ok.
  • I am looking to lease a Civic LX or EX Sedan AT. What payments should I be looking at paying. I am trying to get it to around $200 a month. Is this at all possible to achieve?