Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newbie33newbie33 Posts: 1
    Your post is very helpful, especially for a first time car buyer like myself. Do you mind telling me which dealer you worked with to get that deal ($17,750 OTD)? Not sure what other info I would need to negotiate with the Serramonte dealership. Thanks so much.
  • wmtnwmtn Posts: 2
    In the Philadelphia area here, I just got pricing for the automatic lx coupe at 16,199, up from 15,914 last month.
  • pg9pg9 Posts: 2
    I bought this car May 15th, and paid $18,670 OTD (living in VA with 3.2% tax). Did I pay too much??
  • pg9pg9 Posts: 2
    I bought a 2009 Automatic Civic EX coupe on May 15th, for $18,670 OTD (living in VA with 3.2% tax). Did I pay too much??
  • mllewellynmllewellyn Posts: 25
    Seeing that there is no eye-catching incentives that Honda is offering, should I wait a little while longer for some to come out?
    At the end of April was some real nice incentives and I'm hoping for something like that again. Do you guys think its too late in the month for Honda to offer anything or is there always still time?
    Thanks
  • opianoopiano Posts: 1
    hi, I have a dealer offer for a new EX-L 2009 for $20,132 (all taxes/fees included), but I also found an EX-L 2008 (w/nav, 22k miles) for $17,400 (all taxes and fees included). The nav is not important to me at all. I'm having a hard time deciding. the used one is far from my home (6hr drive, each way) so that makes it harder too!

I've never bought a new car in my life, always thought it wasn't worth the extra cost. I could try to negotiate the used one down a bit but we're already $600 below sticker price.

Any advice? I'm currently driving a Civic DX 91 and it's still running great, but it's time for something newer...
  • yyz4yyz4 Posts: 2
    I am being offered $17,417 out door price for 09 Civic Coupe LX. Is it a good deal?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    What was offered in April that was so great?

They currently have $1000 Marketing Support on Coupes, $750 on EX-up Sedans and $500 on DX/LX/LX-S Sedans. Was it higher in April?

They still have 3.9% APR for 60-months (if qualified). That has been offered since 3/18/09 and expires on 7/6/09.

The Marketing Support is in effect from 5/5/08 to 7/6/09, so I wouldn't expect it to change before 7/6/09.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    Out the door as in Tax & Tag/Title Fees, everything included? Manual or automatic transmission?

Edmunds shows the Invoice for the LX Coupe 5MT as $17,305. Subtract the $1000 Marketing Support and it's $16,305, which is close to their TMV of $16,497. Then you have to add the fees/taxes...so it sounds like it a pretty good deal to me.
  • barkley2barkley2 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was just wondering what the actual dealerships you went to and what sales person you worked with? Im considering the drive to Sacramento for that price. I had the worst experience at El Cerrito Honda. They will lie and do anything to get you there, even if it means putting a quote in writing and then telling you once your there they cant honor the price...they would be losing to much money! I was willing to negotiate but we weren't talking about a slight "misquote" they had the audacity to ask for a 1K difference!
  • yyz4yyz4 Posts: 2
    It is the total fees included and it is automatic. When you say "$16,305", do u just mean the price of the car? And what is the $1,000 marketing support? Is it one of the promostions? and can I deduct it from $17,417? Thank you
  • sd83srrsd83srr Posts: 7
    Just purchased a 2009 Civic LX over the weekend. I bargained between two dealerships here in SD. The price I got them down to was $16577 + TTL at Poway Honda. They already had the Mud Guards and Phantom Footprint on the car. I also added GAP (just in case). I financed for 3.9%. Maybe there will be more deals for those still looking to buy this weekend!
  • sd83srrsd83srr Posts: 7
    I forgot to mention that it is an Automatic. With everything all added up, the total financed came up to be $19167. Without the GAP, the OTD would have been 18,600.

Good Luck!
  • barkley2barkley2 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Would it still be possible to get the qoute you previously received for this car. Or do you happen to remember the name of the dealer you worked with? If you could email me this info to j.mira@earthlink.net, I would really appreciate it. I'm considering the drive (I live in Marin) but really want to be sure that this is still something they can offer. Thank you!
  • kris74kris74 Posts: 3
    Can you please let me know the OTD for your Civic LX, was it a Sedan or Coupe? Who is the dealer?
  • venzie99venzie99 Posts: 8
    Paid $16,600 + tax and registration for a manual Civic EX coupe at O'Hare Honda in Chicago. That price was after the $1,000 dealer cash was subtracted, and included wheel locks and an extra set of mats. Quite happy with the deal..
  • rh_karirh_kari Posts: 1
    Hi, this is my first post to this forum.
    This is also my first time buying a new car.
    Could you please advise me any buying tips?
    I just went to Honda dealership to look at used cars.
    The salesmen told me if I were to buy a 2009 new Honda Civic, it will be $17200(including destination) for a sedan, and $17000 for a coupe.
    Could you please help me where I should start with this?
    I'm in NJ.
    Thank you.
  • Hello,

I am looking at used 2008 Honda Civic LX 4 dr sedan... Its pretty new and just 5k miles to it... I am getting it for 14k... Is it a good deal or should I go for a new one given the incentives involved???
  • nj_chapnj_chap Posts: 1
    Hi rh_kari,

I am also planning to buy Honda Civic/Accord,not decided yet. If one or more people join, we may be able to get better discount. If interested contact me thru PM.

I am in central NJ
  • mllewellynmllewellyn Posts: 25
    Hey guys,
    Is $19,000 flat OTD a good price for a 2009 Honda Civic Ex auto sedan?
    I live in Miami, Fl with a 6% sales tax.
    Thanks guys