Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hello,

For everyone who bought a Civic LX with alarm, does your alarm beep when you unlock the doors? Mine does not but beeps when I lock it. However, my friend's civic does beep when she unlock the doors.
    I am just wondering if different computer program or else.
  • jogousajogousa Posts: 402
    PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
    2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
    12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.

13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
  • Hi there, so what did you end up paying for that 2010 Civic, without taxes and fees?

Also can you please list all the fees that you had to pay.

My brother bought his 06 Civic from these guys as well.
  • I thought that some cars are sold BELOW the invoice.
  • 2010 LX with auto is listed at MSRP $18,405 and you got it for $15,999, can you please tell me how did you negotiate to get that price, it seems like an absolutely AMAZING deal.
  • I just bought the 2010 Civic LX Auto out the door price for $18200.

Base price in the invoice was $16600+Doc Fee+6% CT Tax+$173 for new Plate.

Negotiated on the Out the Door price thru internet. CT Dealer was involved.

Internet Sales manager was little bit rude, I gave him a price of $17850 against his $18650 OTD. I forwarded his rude mail to the General Manager. General Manager agreed upon $18200 after few mail threads and the delivery was smooth. Got the 0.9% APR, but they tried to make the life miserable. Initially my wife applied for the finance and they told she got 2.9% and they called me back and I applied separately. Next day I found that she was also approved for 0.9% :mad: .
  • banshabansha Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm in the market for a civic lx and have learned alot from reading the postings from the past year. I've been keeping an eye on incentives and came across a recent incentive posted on Edmunds.
    From 1/5/2010 - 3/1/2010, there's a manufacturer to dealer marketing support of $650.

Details are available at http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/honda/civic/101209943/incentives.html.

Hope this helps.
  • I think it all comes down to the fact that this Fall there will be a brand new 2011 Civic, its a complete redesign.
  • banshabansha Posts: 4
    That's possible. The incentive is higher than the one offered in early 2009. In reading the posts from 1/09 - 2/09, the incentive was $500. However, there was a $750-$1,000 incentive (depending on style) some time in 4/09 (as best I can figure out).
  • Hi,

I've learned so much from this forum that I wanted to give a little knowledge back...
    I just purchased a 2009 Civic 4Dr LX Automatic from a dealer in Syracuse, NY. It was a new car (2 miles on the odometer). My pricing was as follows:

MSRP $18,965
    Honda discount on 2009s - $750
    Negotiated discount - $2,015
    Net Price $16,200
    Application processing fee + $75
    NYS Sales Tax + $1,296
    NYS Inspection + $10
    Waste Tire Fee + $12
    TOTAL $17,593

I also got 1.9% financing. Obviously, it's a prior year car, but I think $2800 off sticker price isn't too bad.
  • jogousajogousa Posts: 402
    You did well....congrats and enjoy your new Honda!
  • Sorry for the late reply I was not on Edmunds for a while. The 2010 Civic EX-L was 19,784.00. That price included destination.

Additional Fees
    10.00 NYS inspection
    12.50 NYS tire fee for new cars
    75.00 Doc Fees
    170.00 for NYS Title and Registration

all except for the Doc fee should be the same at all dealers in NYS.
  • Does the 2010 exl come with fog lights, side molding, or window tints?
  • Damn that's a grand below invoice, nice man. I got mine @ invoice had a feeling I could've gotten @ least another 500 off.
  • Does the 2010 exl come with fog lights, side molding, or window tints?

The EX-L does not come with fog lights or window tints. The car has side moldings but they are low and useless. Fog lights are optional and I am sure the dealer can get window tinting.

The EX-L has Traction control while the EX does not. That was why I got the car.
  • Thanks man, I got an exl too, I've been paranoid the last couple weeks. You've got a coupe or a sedan? According to the dealer the coupe doesn't have side moldings, but its got this design on the side that juts out like molding, so im trying to figure out if he's lying.
  • I have a sedan.
  • Is the sales tax included?
  • I just bought a 2010 Civic LX Coupe this past December for $16,795 (not including tax, license, and doc fees). This was at Rock Honda in Fontana, California.