Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Try an online lender, eloan, lending tree etc. Edmunds may refer some also. If your credit is upward of 725ish? you should be in the mid 5% range.
  • Options
    eric29eric29 Member Posts: 49
    Manny:

I didn't see a price for the Lojack, although I looked. I was going to call a couple of custom shops, but I first called my insurance company and asked how much the Lojack would reduce my rates. The answer was 10%. When I asked further, I found that it wasn't 10% of the total - just the comprehensive. That turned out to not be worth it, even though I live right in a city in the northeast.

Here's my thinking on the Lojack - but I didn't research this. If a new car is stolen, it will probably be parted out really fast through a chop shop and then left on the street. I guess if there is an order for a fender, the car might be left mostly intact. In any event, I suspect that the turnaround could be really fast - a few hours. So I don't know what the Lojack would do in that case. I'd recover a stripped car. I guess that's what insurance is for - to protect against that.
  • Options
    Just one other thing Manny. Thanks for the compliment - but I'm not that smart. I just spent a couple of days on this forum and got the ideas from here.
  • Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Eric,

What dealership did you purchase from?
  • Options
    Here:

http://www.dondavis.com/honda.html

Same price on the car as Lia Honda - http://www.liacars.com/ - but since I've worked on Hondas, I like the parts people there and the sales people were nice - so I thought I'd take my business there.
  • Options
    manueltrans1manueltrans1 Member Posts: 136
    Eric:

Just talked to Geico, my insurance agent. I am saving $34 per six months off my insurance. It comes off the comprehensive. In a year I save $66. Passive alarms would save $12 per year. So savings is not the goal.

The Lojack I bought comes with an early warning system. They promise to call me within an hour if someone has moved my car. Ideally if I call the police immediately, and the police act immediately, I might get the car back intact.

I work with 2 people who have had their Hondas stolen in New York City. One was stolen from his driveway.
    He got it back intact, 2 weeks later. I do not know why it was intact. He had no Lojack.

The other guy's Honda Sedan just disappeared into the thin air. He had no Lojack either. Now he drives a Plymouth Breeze, because theives do not want it.

Like an extended warranty and after market accessories. These things are only good if the price is reasonable.

Thanks, Manny
  • Options
    deans1deans1 Member Posts: 24
    Funny I too just purchased a Civic and Honda themselves gave me a 4.9% 36 month loan.

The extended insurance is IMO and the "experts" opinion as well, one big waste. “IF” you have trouble, then at that time use that money you were going to spend on repairs, if no repairs are ever required then you're ahead of the game. Buying a Honda and then buying that insurance is an oxymoron. You may as well have purchased a VW where you KNOW you'll need it.

Gap insurance to me is something you need if you are in over your head. I personally would never buy an automobile and be upside down starting from the day I drove it home. If you're upside down at anytime during your ownership, then IMO you are in over your head and living beyond your means.

But then again, that is why there are people who make their money on others fears and ignorance, and make good money they do.
  • Options
    Deans1:

You have made a good point.

I am sure you are right about the extended warranty being redundant, if you do not plan to keep the car forever, like I and some other people do.

I bought a new car, drove it into the ground and then took the plates off and just bought a new Honda Civic 06. Cars however reliable in the beginning, start to deteriorate after about seven years.

The extended warranty really would have saved me money on the 7th and the 8th year. As it happened with my last car, I delayed all the repairs from the 7th year on, and on the 14th year it was undrivable, and I took the plate off it.

This would not have happened if I had an extended warranty. Now I bought an extended warranty on my Civic EX 06 MT and Navi. I would be making every needed repair for eight years.

I figure that someone would take the plates off my body and bury me this time, before I have a chance to take the plates off this car.

On the Gap Insurance, I agree with you, if you do not go 'upside down' on a car, you do not need gap insurance. This is similar to 'overdrawn protection' for the checking account. If you do not over draw, you do not need it.

Manny
  • Options
    Manny

Everyone in life has a different slant and why the variables to accommodate them all.

In 8 years my car would have on around three hundred seventy five thousand miles which would have required maintenance regardless, and since I didn't spend money on insurance, it would help off set some of that cost.

I do know this: Whether it makes practical sense or not doesn't count, but your peace of mind sure does, and that is what you purchased.
  • Options
    Deans:

My loan was for 48 months. I think the rate jumps as you finance longer. Also, some Honda dealers had a deal going that just ended on financing.

Finally, maybe your credit rating is just better than mine.

Manny-

I think the Lojack is great. I didn't think I needed it. If you know people whose Hondas were stolen, then I think it's good that you got it.

Also, I now recall seeing your posts about the price of the Lojack. The priority alert costs more. Doesn't that explain the price? Also, I remember that you received a good price on one thing and paid more for the Lojack. I suspect that the demand for Hondas is high in your area; so you have to pay the going rate. Perhaps it all evens out.

Also, Manny, my insurance company told me that they gave a 10% discount for the Lojack and an additional 5% for window etching. You might want to check on the price of window etching at a custom shop.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    How long do you think extended warranties last? About the longest I've heard of are 7 years or 100,000 miles.
  • Options
    rm21rm21 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted some opinions on a quoted price i received for a 2006 CIVC LX AT. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but this is what it looks like so far:

17000 (includes destination) + 1500 for tax, license, docs = 18500 OTD

Thanks,
    RM
  • Options
    In 1998 I bought a new Cavalier and was offered the 5 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty, this was back in 1998, but it's a fact.
  • Options
    Oh, I don't doubt that.

And, I'm betting that warranty company bit the dust as so many have leaving the people that bought them with nothing.
  • Options
    lynerdlynerd Member Posts: 6
    I recently bought a EX coupe MT at 17750 including destination + 225 license,docs and tags for 4 years, no sales tax
    here.I paid to much 500 over invoice. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    8 years, 120k

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/warranty.htm

The original warranty is for 36,000; and the extended warranty can end at 120,000 if you choose this option; so really, the 120,000 becomes 84,000.
  • Options
    johnwolfjohnwolf Member Posts: 8
    Does the msrp and invoice price shown on edmund include destination or not?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    It does... eventually... You have to price the car with options to get the price with destination.. The price you see on the first page does not have destination included.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    johnyindianjohnyindian Member Posts: 6
    I bought my Honda civic Ex coupe for 18,800 OTD.

Hope that helps RM.
  • Options
    I traded my nightmare 05 TDI Jetta off for the 06 Civic EX CP 5 Speed, no money down and payment dropped $30 a month and the term stayed the same, 3 years...and I am HAPPY, extremely happy because I actually like this car a lot, and if in fact I had money to throw away, I'd buy a spare...:)
  • Options
    eponymeponym Member Posts: 2
    Got the '06 Civic Coupe LX with A/T

Nearly impossible to get an EX and the only onse I found within 150km was a single neutron blue and a silver, which doesn't appeal to me. So I went down one trim and managed to find one in black (wanted that or gray). Got a decent price, considering they can barely keep them in stock selling them at MSRP. This was also my very first time talking price with a car salesman in person.

$500 under MSRP + Standard Delivery charge + 4 year honda plus

Avoided all dealer installed options and other padding. Got the security deposit and license fee waved. The only thing on top of the car I have to pay for is my license plate and insurance (and of course sales tax). Some might say I could've done better, but I'm happy and don't feel ripped off in any way. So I guess that's what's most important.
  • Options
    I didn't realize they were selling that good!

I'll go back and see what they have left sitting there out of curiosity.
  • Options
    keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    I just got a quote in NC for an '06 Civic LX AT sedan. It's for 18,295 out the door.

In case anyone is doing comparison pricing.
  • Options
    user1235user1235 Member Posts: 84
    wow it sounds like you paid like $24K for a civic ?!?! that's still an economy car with no power seats, no leather, plastic dash, no climate control, no auto-manual, no HID headlights, and a 1.8L engine. I really hope you know that for this kind of money you can get such amenities on many other cars, including Honda's other models.
  • Options
    Sticker on that is actually a little over 21,000. If the buyer is happy, isn't that what's important?

Why try to spoil his joy at this point?
  • Options
    prisonmateprisonmate Member Posts: 9
    Hope you can help me out on this. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. The dealers I went to all had their own security device on the cars for added protection. They said if I want it, I can have it for $500.00 which includes $5000.00 insurance if the car ever gets stolen. Is this worth it? I mean the new 2006 Civic already comes with the theft immmobilizer and alarm system. Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    Isellhondas:

Honda Care which is a subsidiary of American Honda Motors, sells Extended Warranties through agents. These agents work in Honda Dealerships.

It has a list of different warranties with different lengths of coverage. The longest is 8 years or 120,000 miles.

The warranties is honored throughout the Honda Dealer Network in the United States.

Manny
  • Options
    I don't think there is an alarm system on the Civics, is there?
  • Options
    RM:

This is the deal. But to judge whether it is good or bad, first do the following:

Look up the the invoice price, the MSRP and what 'most others paid' in Edmunds for Civic 06 LX AT. It is a very detailed and explicit list that includes the breakdown of everything. It gives you the delivery charges, taxes etc. seperately.

This of course is only part of the story.

Remember, the 'Devil is in the Details'. The quote does not begin to tell the whole story.

The terms of the financing, the price the dealer pay for the trade in, the price of the extended warranty, the price of Lojack and alarms, the price of 'add-ons', the price of document fees.

And if the dealer have to swap the car from another dealer, there may be a fee for the delivery of the car via a truck.

And of course, the price of your time and effort, and travelling expenses. And if you feel you had a pleasant experience, or had to put up with an unpleasant experience, or to act unpleasant yourself.

Lastly, did you get exactly what you want in the configuration of you car? Did you receive the car in a satisfactory condition?

Good luck, but you have asked questions in the right place. In here I have learned a great deal during my entire Honda Civic 06 purchasing experience.

I am almost at the end of my journey now. I will be driving the car home soon. I have not evaluated my deal yet.

For me, the deal has its ups and downs. But in the end, I hope to have had a good deal. Because 'all is well that ends well'. When the curtains fall, I would know.

Thanks,

Manny
  • Options
    Prisonmate:

The 2006 Civic has the 'anti-theft immobilizer system.' This is a long name. To put it simply, this system is connected with a specially coded key.

Without that specifically coded key, any attempts to hot wire the car, or to start the car with a 'master key', the engine would not start.

To steal your car. The thief need to steal your key first.
    Or he/she can come with a toll truck, or a flatbed truck, if you have 'wheel-locks'.

I have checked the brochure and looked at the car carefully. There is no audible alarm that comes with the car.

Manny
  • Options
    jnuzzijnuzzi Member Posts: 39
    The Civic LX and EX models both have what Honda calls "Security System with Remote Entry" standard.
  • Options
    Dear jnuzzi:

What exactly is the "Security System with Remote Entry"?
    Please clarify.

I might be mistaken about it not equipped with an audible alarm.

Is there a panic button with the 'remote'? Is there a self arming passive alarm?

I am indeed humbled.

Manny
  • Options
    Yes, there is a panic button on the remote. I believe the horn starts honking and the lights start flashing when you press it. As far as the self-arming goes, I am not sure. I believe it does "self-arm" but I cannot be sure without looking at my manual. I always remember to click the "lock" button on the remote when I leave the vehicle. ;)
  • Options
    jlutleyjlutley Member Posts: 4
    Pretty much paid sticker, went for the fog lamps which work well and had them install sat radio. Remind the salesperson that the dealership has to activate the system by the internet by punching in special dealer code, you also get 3 free months of XM. Had to go back to dealeship was told all I had to do was call up when I got home which was wrong. I was also told the radio controls can change channels on sat radio but this is not working ( it works for am/fm)or not true.
    The car is perfect, rides great and handles well.
    Can get better deal on Accords from what I was told by a few different dealers. Nice people at Clinton Honda in NJ, .
    The Nav system is complicated and they should spend more time expaining and having customer punch information in.
    My read is they are not providing enough training on these things to the salespeople. Over time should improve. Also, they might want to have an orientation day ( or night) for new owners which would be helpful as it would not cut into the selling day.
  • Options
    Don't feel humbled.

No Civics come with a security system or an alarm. They do have the immobilizer built into the key making the car impossible to hotwire.

If someone feels the need for an audible alarm, they can be added by the dealer.
  • Options
    Uh.... Yes, the Civics in the US have a security system. Click Here. Scroll down to the "EXTERIOR: EXTERIOR FEATURES" section and read where it says "Security System with Remote Entry". I own an LX Sedan and it has a security system. :D
  • Options
    OK, I opened up my manual (US 06 Civic LX Sedan) and here is what it says:

"The security system helps to protect your vehicle and valuables from theft. The horn sounds and a combination of headlights (low beam), parking lights, side marker lights, and taillights flash if someone attempts to break into your vehicle or remove the radio. This alarm continues for 2 minutes, then it stops. To reset an alarming system before the 2 minutes have elapsed, unlock the driver's door with the key or the remote transmitter.

The security system automatically sets 15 seconds after you lock the doors, hood, and trunk. For the system to activate, you must lock the doors from the outside with the key, driver's lock tab, door lock switch, or remote transmitter. The security system indicator on the instrument panel starts blinking immediately to show you the system is setting itself.

Once the security system is set, opening any door, the trunk, or the hood without using the key or the remote transitter will cause it to alarm. It also alarms if the radio is removed from the dashboard or the wiring is cut."

I hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    prisonmateprisonmate Member Posts: 9
    I am not paying $500 for alarm on top of another alarm. I guess the dealer has to make money on everything. Here is another question I need help on. When do dealers usually has more cars on stock during the year? I think this is the bad time to buy a car because it's end of the year and they have not started full production of the Civics. I am thinking I may get a better deal when summer comes along and they are getting rid of the 2006 for the 2007 models. Is this a smart plan or a dumb plan?
  • Options
    Totally news to me but as the Internet Manager, I didn't go to class for them. I shouild know this however and I am literally shocked to find this out.

I have sold probably a dozen 2006's and I never knew this. I still have to go check when I get to work tomorrow.
  • Options
    I read that in the manual also, but I thought it was for an optional alarm. The manual has a section on navigation as well, but a lot of cars don't have it.

The Honda salesman told me that there is no audible alarm. I guess I can test this by using the remote to lock the car when I am inside it and then opening the door manually to get out. If there is an alarm, it should sound off.
  • Options
    only1harryonly1harry Member Posts: 1,140
    Manny, Manny, Manny, sorry I wasn't around the last few days. I told you to e-mail me a couple of weeks ago but that e-mail got deleted promptly by the host. Rules I guess..

I did however advise you not to buy the Lojack system a few days ago. At least you took my advice and got a decent deal on the 120k mi. warranty which you really didn't need either but if it 'll make you sleep better at night, why not?

You can get out of the Lojack deal but they 'll give you hek for it. You can also threaten to backout of the whole deal and get your deposit back but that 'll be a little tougher but definitely doable. I 've done it. Simply put you want to tell them that you are not happy with the deal you got on the Lojack and didn't think it was going to be installed this quickly since you were given a late delivery date which you thought was because of arrangements with the Lojack technician. I can tell you with much certainty that your Lojack is NOT installed.

I 've picked up cars from Curry Honda the NEXT day after I test drove the car and put my deposit down. 2 days was the most I waited to take delivery from that dealership and I 've purchased 4 cars from them, 3 for myself and 1 for my sister (I helped her through the whole thing). They are a fairly large dealership and employee a lot of people. They sell a lot of cars (over 300/mo.). What you see there around the main building is less than half the cars. They have another lot 1/3 mi. down the road on the left if you make a right out of the dealership. The lot is well concealed because it has a long dirt driveway and all the cars are behind the trees. There are litteraly hundreds of new Hondas there all with 1.5-2mi. on the odo (but I doubt they have any '06 Civics there yet).

It takes them under 1hr to detail the car, inspect it and have it ready. I watched them do it with one of my cars because I got dropped off early by a friend that had to go to work. I was about 1hr 20min. early. The Internet manager told me my car was just going into the shop because they had a very busy week. I said no problem, I 'm early. 2min. later I see them drive my car in. I walked around the back while having a smoke and drinking their coffee (from the service waiting area) and saw the technician checking it out. I walked back there frequently and kept looking through the window of the garage door. After about 20-25min. it looked like the technician was done because he took it out for a drive and came back a few min. later. Then 2 Mexicans washed the car and used some cheap polish to "wax" it (it's not a real wax they use). They did this in about 15min. Then they vaccumed a little, wiped the interior, and they were done. Then my car sat there for another 5min. while the technician applied the inspection sticker on the window. Then one of the other guys jumped in and took my car out for a drive again. When he came back he parked the car out front. I asked where he went. He said he filled up the tank. My car was parked outside and ready in under an hour.
    If they told you the delivery date is next Wed. 11/30, then that's because they 're going around Lojack's schedule. The Lojack guy will probably be there on Tuesday to do a bunch of cars at the same time. You tell them it's this price (you have in mind) or no Lojack because you didn't sign anything for it. If it's not on the original contract that you got from the salesperson (or Internet mgr.) or the finance mgr, then you 're in no contractual obligation to purchase it. I 'm sure Curry Honda was open the Fri. after Thanskgiving, Sat. & Sun. Then you have Mon. & all of Tue. Why would they schedule the delivery on Wed. especially when you were trying to pick the car up before Thanksgiving? They never schedule deliveries 8-9 days later. They want the cars out of there and the deal finalized. It's because they 're waiting for the Lojack technician. Get on the phone with them Monday and say you don't want it at all. Watch them come down on the price. If you 're not happy with the finance mgr. speak to the sales manager. If you 're still not getting anywhere ask to speak with the general manager. Also mention that you can open a case with the Better Business Bureau but only as a last resort. Making them angry at you early on will not help the situation. That's a matter of public record. Most dealership owners don't want people to see their company listed in the Better Business Bureau. My niece tried to buy a car from a nearby Nissan dealer and had a lot of problems. They were litterally trying to take her for everything she 's got without even putting anything on paper like a contract. They refused her a contract and the receipt they gave her for her deposit was a blank contract with just her name on it and no price on the car or anything. I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau web site and people had a fozen claims against them in less than 2yrs. Most other dealers had 1 or 2. Curry Honda is a frequent receipient of Honda's Prestige Award which only a handful of Honda dealers get every year. I 'm sure they don't want their record blemished. They 'll work with you until the problem gets resolved. They hate getting negative comments on those Surveys which you 'll get from Honda 2-4 weeks after buying the car.

BTW, I never bought my Galaxy Gray LX 5sp. from Curry. I didn't like the way it looked in the sun. It was a brown-bronze color. I did test drive it though (wasn't too thrilled, suspension had lots of bodyroll, and acceleratin is slower than my '01 EX). I ordered the black which might not be in till middle-end of December. I 'm not in a rush.
    Also if and when you go back Wednesday, go over the contract with a fine tooth comb but BEFORE signing anything, inspect the car first and test drive it again. Then go back and sign the papers. Did you finance through the dealer? What kind of interest rate did they give you? You know that's negotiable too right? The dealer also makes money on the loan interest (I think I 'm opening another can of worms now.. poor Manny!).
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    '11 BMW 335i coupe xDrive
    '13 Honda Accord sedan (wife's car)
  • Options
    The manual and Honda's website both state that this security system is STANDARD on the LX and EX models.
  • Options
    jlutley:

You are so right. I found the sales people at Automobile Dealerships are just sales people. Their knowledge of the automobile is superficial at best. At worse, they do not know what they are talking about.

I shopped around and really looked before I settled on the Civic 06. At a Pontiac Dealer, a saleman told me that the antilock brakes automatically provide traction control. At he Mazda Dealer, the salesman told me that stability control is useless.

At most dealerships, the salesman thinks that the difference between manual and automatic transmission is the stick only.

The Curry Honda where I bought the Civic 06 told me that it needs a passive alarm system, and collected $300 for it.
    Now I can safely argue that he should take that $300 off and it is not that he is giving me a break. He was selling an alarm to me that the car already came with.

This goes with the fact that he told me that the passive alarm was put in by Lojack. That is a terrible mix up on his part, or worse.

By the way, he did take the $300 off after I protested about the $1300 Lojack system. It is now down to $1000.
    Still too expensive.

Thanks for the information.

Manny
  • Options
    prisonmate:

You would be paying double. They might just charge you an alarm that the car already come with, if they think that you really could not tell the difference. Worse case scenario, they add a redundant system or modify the system you already have. This can damage the car.

You could always get a better deal if you are educated enough about the buying process.

If not, you can always be getting the short end of the stick. Searching these forums, I found people who is trying to buy an 05 Civic. The salesman said that he had to charge more because there are not many of those left.

Always remember you are dealing with shrewd professionals.

Yours Truly,

Manny
  • Options
    only1Harry:

I must first thank you for your reply. I owe you more than you realize. I went to Curry Honda because you quoted me an Internet Price for me. I travelled up there from Brooklyn, a long ways for me.

I did write an e mail complaining of the over charge for the Lojack Security System, invoked the New York State Law of 72 hours to change my mind.(I am not sure if this law actually apply in this case. I quote it as a tactical move, asking them to remove the Lojack.) They were actually charging me $1300 for the Lojack with the Life Time Garantee but without the early warning system. The $1000 is for the Lojack, and the $300 is for the passive alarm from Lojack.

The Finance Guy responsible for the Lojack said he never received my e mail. But he took the $300 off when I read him what I wrote, saying that I want the Lojack Removed. Warning System from Lojack.

I also found out he was charging me the Lojack with the Early Warning System Price, without giving me the Early Warning System. He promise to install that now. I was so overjoyed that I complimented him for his graciousness.
    And promise to give him good references here.

As it turns out, the $1000 for Lojack with the Early Warning System is just retail price for the Lojack. And he did not give me any breaks except to not charge me for a passive security alarm system that the car already came with.

I am paying cash for this car. I will be going to the bank to get a certified check. I need to talk to this guy again to sum up the exact bill this afternoon. I will ask for more concession, if that is possible.

The 8 days wait for picking up the car is of my own making.
    I had to wait for a day off, I had to wait for the certified check to be ready. No, there is no loan from the dealer involved. There are no other can of worms.

In all of my interactions with CurryHonda, we were polite and pleasant. I will try to make it stay that way till the end.

Again, much obliged. I like to communicate with you directly. I will write the host to see if this is possible.

Manny
  • Options
    lynerdlynerd Member Posts: 6
    So what are people paying per month on the ex and lx coupe?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If members wish to receive direct communication with other members, they can mark their e-mail address as "public" in their profiles. You can do this by hitting the "preferences" link at the left.

You can view another member's profile by clicking on their highlighted username.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Eric:

I have carefully restudy the brochure again. The security system is standard on LX and EX, with Ex it comes with the remote trunk opening.

The Honda Finance Guy told me that there is no passive alarm either. But it is now quite evident enough that there is one. Please see the others recently posted.

I have learn not to take for granted what anyone says. Everyone has a 'spin' to 'spin' the information to their advantage.

Manny
  • Options
    only1harryonly1harry Member Posts: 1,140
    Manny, all you have to do is click on people's handle name (which is in blue) and you can see a short profile. Sometimes you get lucky and people allow to have their e-mail address displayed (hint).

I now remember you were paying cash. This explains why he was so pushy with the optional equipment. He is not making any money on the financing since you 're paying cash.
    The finance guy had offered me 6.9% interest a few weeks ago when I was there to see the Internet manager and put a deposit down to secure a car from the next delivery. I said no thanks I 'll get a loan on my own. The guy right away asked how much interest I wanted to pay. I said something in the 5's but not high 5's because my bank is 5.7% and I can get a loan on the Internet for 4.7-4.9%. He said he would see what he can do and that he can probably swing it. That guy is no longer there. I wouldn't be surprised if he were terminated because he wasn't very polite or friendly which is unusual for that dealership. You were dealing with a brand new employee or someone new in that position. I 'll have to deal with the same guy in a couple of weeks if my car comes in as promised. I love saying NO to those guys when they try to sell me everything short of a pink elephant. But what I like most about it is their questions and my answers. This is a very common one: "but wouldn't you want an extended warranty if by some chance the transmission fails around 90k mi.?" me: "Well this is my 5th Honda and I never had that happen, but if the transmission fails at 90k mi., then I 'll never buy another Honda again. It is so extremely rare that the tranny will break so prematurely, that Honda will blame it on me and claim that I did something wrong to brake it, that they won't cover it anyway. Besides, the clutch will go way before the tranny does, and that's not covered under the ext. warranty". Sometimes I can't help it but laugh when they go on about Scotch Guard (comes from the factory), extra clear coating (scam), etc. They usually get it when I burst out laughing and I apologize for my silly behavior. I can't wait to go in his office! It 's very enjoyable for me especially when they insist :)
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    '11 BMW 335i coupe xDrive
    '13 Honda Accord sedan (wife's car)
  • Options
    Only1Harry:

When I first join this forum, I did not know that it is indeed so helpful. I put a private setting for my e mail address. Now I want it displayed in my profile, but I am unable to change it. I am asking for some help on doing this.

Do you know if there is a technical support team for this forum that can help me?

Manny