Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nemenornemenor Posts: 1
    Just got a 2013 ex for 20750 OTD in SoCal incl. wheel locks and cargo net. had to finance small amount to get this price.
    Breaks down to 18863 sale price + 80 doc fee + 18 registration charge + 1555 taxes + 233.75 official fees

thanks to all here for the help!
  • birdyspikebirdyspike Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I got my new 2013 Honda Civic LX Automatic here in MD yesterday. The OTD price (including fees, taxes and processing fee) was $17700 including mud guards, pinstripes and nitrogen filled tires.

I also got the 1.9% financing for 60 months.
  • chayunchayun Posts: 1
    I got my Honda Civic LX automatic in VA on 4/29/2013. The OTD price is $18202 and we paid by cash.
  • scavettascavetta Posts: 1
    How are you guys getting a ‘13 Civic LX auto OTD for $17,700-$18,200? I’ve talked to 14 dealers in west central FL and the lowest OTD I’ve been offered w\o financing is $19,100. I want to buy a LX for about $18,500 or EX for $20,500 but no one wants to play…. If you’re willing to share your dealer quote sheets please send to jscavetta–at-hotmail.com. Thanks!
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Sounds too good to be true? Probably isn't.
  • cdfno1cdfno1 Posts: 3
    Which dealership did you go to for the deal in MD? Thanks.
    It is Jim Coleman Honda.
  • rdw9876rdw9876 Posts: 3
    I got my '13 Black Civic LX coupe for $17,100 OTD. I qualified for the 0.9 percent interest with Honda Financial so I put down $10,000 and financed the other $7,100 over 36 months. All in all, the internet sales department at Pohanka was great to deal with and made the process very painless.
  • lakerskobelakerskobe Posts: 31
    So you're claiming you got the 2013 Civic LX automatic for $16,400 +TTL?????

Sounds like BS to me.
    Sounds like the last few posts were made by spammers.
    No, there are just a lot of high-volume car dealerships in the DC/Northern Virginia/Baltimore area....thus a lot of competition. If you do your homework and are willing to put in the time to pit dealerships against each other, you can get a great deal.
    Don't brand us as spammers just because we scored a great deal. I did my research and put in quality time to make the deal happen.
  • 858smith858smith Posts: 2
    birdyspike, i got mine for $18,500 OTD b/c i took months to research & learn the tools. i was in & out, no negotiating, nothing. the sales manager simply said, "okay". hard work paid off, right?!
  • goku705goku705 Posts: 5
    Just wondering is anyone just purchased Honda Civic EX sedan in Il Chicago?
    I'm looking for that car now, I wish to know how much the cost is the best price to buy.
    Please help. Thanks.
    Go to truecar.com and price out the Civic EX that you want. That will give you a good starting point in terms of what sort of deal you can get. Once you have your quote, email the internet departments of the dealerships within a 50 mile radius of where you live and see who will beat/match each other's price for the car you want. Also, you're bound to get a better deal if you're flexible with the color of car you're willing to buy.

The best time to buy though would be when the 2014 Civics start rolling out (if you're willing to wait that long). When the newer models arrive, dealerships are eager to clear out their older stock. Hope this helps. Good luck on getting a great deal on a great car!
    Just like rdw said, Truecar is an excellent way to purchase a car. I bought my Civic through them and got the lowest price possible. But make sure to use the Amex version of Truecar cause prices are a bit lower.

Also tried Carwoo, which has dealers email you their best price. Their best price was about $800 more than the one I got at Truecar.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    The DC area seems to have very competitive pricing, especially from the Honda dealers. If interested send Criswell, Sport, or Pohanka an email request for pricing. Probably better to avoid College Park or Ourisman Honda in the DC area, IMHO.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    It is good to remember True Car does not provide the lowest price possible. In all cases True Car receives $300 from the dealer for all new cars sold through a True Car lead. Any price obtained from True Car should be viewed as the maximum price not the best price.

Recently bought a new vehicle and got it for several hundred lower than the TC target price.

A good way to estimate a price is to start with the OEM invoice, reduce the invoice by the dealer holdback, then reduce by any incentive both customer and dealer incentives. Of course the invoice price is likely not real as dealers get many other considerations from the OEM. However, this method at leasts assures the buyer won't be hurt too badly.
    You've obviously never purchased through Truecar.

I've purchased several cars through Truecar and the prices were ALWAYS the lowest!

I got my 2013 Civic LX automatic for $17k via Truecar...... the lowest from Carwoo was $17.8k...... Carsdirect was $18.2k.... and others were $18k-$18.5k range.

They all receive referral fees from dealers so it's irrelevant.
  • civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    "You've obviously never purchased through Truecar." I'm curious how you know that.

This forum is for buyers to share their experiences. I'm happy you had a good buying experience and believe you got a good deal. That doesn't make everyone else on here stupid, though.

I've responded to you once before when you were bashing someone for their doc fee. Now, I see that you're perfectly content paying (albeit indirectly) a referral fee. Seems to contradict your previous point, don't you think?

Lighten up, man. We're all here to help each other.