Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ninissniniss Posts: 7
    Thanks for your comments. I was having sort of buyers remorse in the last few days but I feel a little better now.
  • charles_guycharles_guy Posts: 55
    ---Wow, that salesman used every trick in the book it seems. The best approach to dealing with an auto salesman is to never believe anything they say. I thought the TODAY ONLY ploy went out with the old four square pad they all used to use---

husbands been looking for craigsslist cars and hes sayin even some private sellers use this ---TODAY ONLY --- thing
  • ninissniniss Posts: 7
    I agree with you on the "today only" game. Because i believe that everyone knows about this game, so unless there's some truth to it, the salesman would be too dumb to still using that tactic. I remember i laughed at him when he was saying that so he affirmed, "no, really. I'm telling you the truth." He started to show me his commission slips in his drawer. Anyway, trick or not, that didn't work on me. I finally agreed to buy the car because the number ($16.8k) sounded reasonable based on what i read here in this forum and the edmunds true market value.

Follow-up: 3 days go the dealer started running a special on TV "life time oil change for every honda purchase during this Memorial holiday. My purchase only comes with 1-yr free maintenance, so i called up the salesman and asked for this special. At first he didn't want, saying that i've already got the big discount on price. So i told him he can take the car back if he thinks i got the killer deal. He then asked his manager and they agreed to give it to me. Today i went there and picked up the lifetime oil change write-up.
  • civictorycivictory Posts: 73
    I couldn't agree more. You make several excellent points that buyers would do well to consider.
  • micrainmicrain Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a new Civic LX (auto) in a month or so (Bay Area). In order to get an estimate for the market price of the car, I got some quotes from TrueCar. I actually believed (somewhat naively) that the TrueCar quotes would be the best deals I could get. A few hours after TrueCar's email, two of the dealerships sent follow up emails with even lower quotes! Keep in mind that I didn't even contact them! I got two additional quotes from dealerships in the area. Here are the quotes (incl. destination fee):
    1. $17188
    2. $17288
    3. $17888
    4. $17944
    5. $18722

Given these quotes and other postings, I am planning on aiming for 17k+taxes? Do you think it is a reasonable number?

Thank you very much!
  • newcivic4newcivic4 Posts: 1
    This forum helped me figure out a price range for my recent purchase, so I though I'd share some info regarding the new civic. I went to several dealerships and compared OTD (out the door) costs. After a lot of haggling, here is a breakdown of the final price of the Civic I purchased.

Cost of Car : $18,000.00
    Taxes: 1,597.50
    DMV Fees: 317.50
    Rebate: (500.00)

Please feel free to share your thoughts/comments/questions and let me know how I did.

Thanks!
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 98
    Good post which reveals the truth about True Car. Like any buying service, True Car is in business to make money. Of course the person who pays True Car that money is the unsuspecting buyer who uses True Car.

True Car provides buyers a somewhat discounted price which may be of value to folks who are not sophisticated about the car buying process. However, for everyone the best deal will always be attained from actual negotiation with a sales person.

The best way to use True Car is to get their target price and then negotiate something less. At a minimum that amount should be $300 less, the amount True Car gets from the dealer for a sale.

Th thing to always remember is nothing is free, ther is always a cost hidden somewhere.
  • I have been tracking the LX in the Bay Area. The best price I have seen in their marketing emails is $16888 but that requires you to use Honda financing. I believe there is a few 100s$ financing fee. I am targetting $18.7K OTD (8.75% tax) no trade-in, no extras, no financing. So far no one seems to agree (email, phone only). I hate to go to the dealership, but I need to, so they know I am serious.

Let us know what you settle at.
  • jandatripjandatrip Posts: 1
    This is really great information! I love the tip about focusing on OTD price & not the vehicle price. Quick question: Does OTD price always include registration fees for the new car?

Thanks!
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Yes it does.
  • tendencytendency Posts: 4
    hi all - we're currently shopping for a new civic LX and want to get your out-the-door price for the SF bay area. thanks for help!

-m
  • anyone have any recent info for the nashville area?
    hi - seems like a very good price to me what do you all think?
    final price for bay area: $16,350 and $18K OTD. i took it..
  • jmyers2jmyers2 Posts: 3
    Looks like a great price. Best I am seeing is over $17K

Where was this? Did it require financing?
  • tendency, this a great price.
    Can you provide dealership name and location where you got the $18K OTD in Bay Area? Was this a 2013 Civic LX Sedan or Coupe? Manual/Auto?
    Also if possible, please break down your price to
    Purchase price
    Accessories
    Tax
    Title, doc fee, etc.
    Also let us know if you had a trade-in or were required to get dealer financing or warranty, etc.
    Thanks!
  • anyone have an update?
  • I'm looking to buy a 2013 civic LX in the Los angeles area, where do I get a good deal and what's a good price to pay?
  • tn2013civictn2013civic Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    I had $16200 from two SF area dealers on Trucar. One ballooned to 19,800 OTD, the other never gave me a total. There should be a $500+ credit if you finance