Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mmaslanikmmaslanik Member Posts: 1
    Just bought my EX sedan automatic - 18,000 plus TTL. Dealer trying to clear the lot before the end of the year.
  • Options
    bighoserbighoser Member Posts: 1
    New '06 Civic EX Sedan AT w/ Navi, Alabaster Silver/Grey, Winter Mat Set thrown in. Chicago, $19,699+TTL. Dealer was really great, especially compared to all the other shysters I talked with :)

P.S. This thread helped a LOT. Thanks everyone for the great info! Everyone looking, stay persistent for a good deal. They are out there!
  • Options
    jjjordan86jjjordan86 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Warner,

I would definitely want to hear about the warranty you found - that sounds like a great deal!

I think we're going to do it although we're still trying to decide between that, the Corolla and the Mazda 3... but right now its looking like the Civic is the easy winner! :)

Let me know on the warranty though- that sounds really cheap compared to warranty prices I had heard in the past (esp with a 0 deductible!!).

Thanks!!
  • Options
    drexelnetdrexelnet Member Posts: 47
    Wow, that's a good deal, what dealership did you got it from?

Thanks alot!
  • Options
    snapplesnapple Member Posts: 7
    Did $19,699 include destination?
  • Options
    warnerwarner Member Posts: 196
    Hi Warner,

I would definitely want to hear about the warranty you found - that sounds like a great deal!

I think we're going to do it although we're still trying to decide between that, the Corolla and the Mazda 3... but right now its looking like the Civic is the easy winner!

Let me know on the warranty though- that sounds really cheap compared to warranty prices I had heard in the past (esp with a 0 deductible!!).

Thanks!!

All you have to do is go to College Hills Honda Warranties
    and pick your car and the Hondacare warranty that you want. If your dealer won't match this price, just buy it from College Hills Honda. My dealer matched the price (they'd be foolish not to, as they are making money even at this price.)

Hope this helps,

Warner
  • Options
    higgledy1higgledy1 Member Posts: 6
    Looking at an '06 Civic LX Auto 4-door rcv'd a quote for 16,375 including freight
  • Options
    gwykesgwykes Member Posts: 1
    What part of the country do you live in? How much was your 'slightly under' price? Did they tell you the number of cars imported was limited? Did the dealer attempt to 'mark up' the si's value due to expected demand?
  • Options
    njweathermannjweatherman Member Posts: 1
    Was this a 2006?

I live in the central Jersey (Monmouth Co) area. I have been looking for a good price to get on an 06 Civic LX AT.
  • Options
    keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    That price is invoice with freight. I would say that is quite good. You should get an out the door quote, make sure they don't stick you with a large "document" fee.
  • Options
    snapplesnapple Member Posts: 7
    Shopping in Monmouth County as well.
    Considering Coast in Wall(have dealt with before) or Kay in Eatontown. Did you get any quotes yet?
  • Options
    nkhan1nkhan1 Member Posts: 8
    Wow...nice quote i think.Where did u get it from? The least quote we are getting here(DFW) is 17200 plus TTL for 06 Civic LX Auto. John eagle said 16,800 plus TTL however they add buch of accessories which u have to buy totalling upto 17350.
    Please let me know anyone around DFW if they get a better quote. Thanks
  • Options
    pcgarberpcgarber Member Posts: 2
    Honda Care in CA has decided to replace the car!!! No Hassle at all. I give them props for doing the right thing. :)
  • Options
    drexelnetdrexelnet Member Posts: 47
    Hello,

I'm new to this concepts, but what is the problem with the transmission. I'm planning to buy the 06 Civic LX auto sedan, but recently have heard about the transmission, can you explain it.

Thanks alot
  • Options
    khls97khls97 Member Posts: 15
    Hi there,

I recently was given a quote for $20,200 plus TTL for EX Navi Coupe with AT. After all fees, it is $21,489.75 . I also got them to throw in the all-weather floor mats. I too am in Chicagoland. Good luck with your search! :)
  • Options
    leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    On 10/18/2005 I called the internet person @ a dealership in North Jersey to see how long a wait for a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid with Nav would take, he said they didn't even have a price on it yet. I told him to go to the Honda Web Site, that he could be build one and get the price from there. I question him on what type a discount he would giving and his reply was we gave $1,400.00 off the 05's. I ordered my HCH with Nav on 10/19/2005 with an out the door price of $23,461.00 that includes everything = dealer doc fee's, reg and 6% NJ Sales Tax. :)
  • Options
    rockyballrockyball Member Posts: 22
    Purchase on 12/23/05 from Wilde Sun Honda Sarasota Florida

2006 Civic Sedan LX Auto Trans

$17,445.00 Vehicle
    $ 389.00 Doc Fee
    $ 6.50 Florida Tire & Battery Fee
    $17,840.50 Total Purchase Price
    $ 1,120.43 Tax
    $18,960.93 Total Including Tax
  • Options
    warnerwarner Member Posts: 196
    Hello,

I'm new to this concepts, but what is the problem with the transmission. I'm planning to buy the 06 Civic LX auto sedan, but recently have heard about the transmission, can you explain it.

Thanks alot

I have an '06 EX with auto and don't have any problems with my trans. I have about 2,000 miles on it now and am very pleased with it. Others may have different experiences to report, my mine is perfect.

Warner
  • Options
    civicbuyer06civicbuyer06 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, this is a 2006 Honda Civic LX 4-door AT. I bought the car in Harrisburg,PA which is 2 1/2 hours from Monmouth County. The dealer in Monmouth County was offering only MSRP.
  • Options
    gotigers21gotigers21 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a civic ex auto for 17,990 and 18,800 otd. From Vic Bailey Honda in S.C. Great to work with and traded my 04 accord with 75,000 miles. They paid it off, which for the price of the civic I thought it was a great deal.
  • Options
    lhakonslhakons Member Posts: 1
    LX AT 4 door Sedan: $17,250.00
    State, City & RTD tax: $930.25

Out the Door $18,180.25

I worked the deal with Autotrek in Denver. Very easy, low-key. Did some research beforehand and got a decent quote from a dealer to start, and then he busted a gut to come in under that.

Did I do good? :D

L
  • Options
    mpmitchell21mpmitchell21 Member Posts: 1
    Did it include the sunroof and radio controls on the steering wheel? If so that is awesome deal.
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    That comes standard on the EX model....
  • Options
    gonammergonammer Member Posts: 12
    For buyers of an EX Coupe or Sedan w/navigation, please post what you recently paid (state if includes TTL or not). Also, provide City and State.

The local dealers in northern California seem to not budge much on the nav versions.
  • Options
    silentwatchersilentwatcher Member Posts: 5
    Hey all,

I've been reading these forums for a long time and they've been very helpful, so here is my first contribution.

Just bought EX Sedan with Nav for $20,367 (including destination) + tax (6.5%) and doc fees which were not that much. I'm waiting for the dealer to locate my car before I see the exact out the door number. Dealer was BrianBemis in Sycamore, IL.

He was the only one to come down off list when I did several internet requests.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    khls97khls97 Member Posts: 15
    Hey there,

Just purchased EX Coupe AT with Navi for $20,200 (including destination) plus 6.5% interest, plus doc fees. I also got them to throw in free all-weather floor mats. The total OTD is $21,487.35.

I had several dealers about laugh in my face when I told them this price. Unfortunately, they have been totally unwilling to come down on any accessories though. I guess I will settle with just interior illumination for now...
  • Options
    lmp1976lmp1976 Member Posts: 4
    Bought my EX Sedan AT with navigation for $20,610 in Charleston, SC. Including tax, tags and doc fee my out the door price was $21,219. This includes pin striping, mud guards and wheel locks.
  • Options
    robert51robert51 Member Posts: 2
    That is absurd. Si's have never been limited production, and Honda will build as many as there is a demand for. And if they don't, the new Jetta GLI is certainly an equal (albeit ugly) car selling for well under MSRP. You should drive one if you need a car now. They have much better ground clearance than the Si too.

The last generation Civic Si was not good so there is pent up demand. If you have to be the first one on your block, it seems they are going for 1k-2k over MSRP on e-bay. If I had to have a car today, I'd go with the GLI. If I could wait 6-8 months, I'd go with the Si. IMHO.
  • Options
    rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    Well here we go again with another popular Honda vehicle. Is this the return of the Odyssey from 2001? Remember when you could not get one and they went for msrp or more for years. The difference here is that Honda sells many more Civics, and it is a main stream small car. I am surprised the demand has lasted this long, but it is what it is. Anyone have a guess as to when supply will exceed demand and prices come down. I am in New Jersey. Fortunately i have alot of patience and can wait the dealers out, unless there are 350,000 buyers this year for 300,000 civics. Is this perhaps the greatest car ever made? What is going on here? Does it do things other cars only dream of? When will the tide turn? Has Honda created an arificial shortage?
  • Options
    yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    Bought our Civic at John Eagle Honda on Lemmon Ave. Paid $16,800.00 plus TTL for 2006 Civic LX AT. It had mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray and door edge guards. Ask for the Internet Sales Director. Get them to throw in the accessories for free. Basically they wanted $400.00 over invoice for the vehicle. I bought it on Dec. 16, 2005. Good luck. This is the best dealer to get it from.
  • Options
    passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    4-Dr. or Coupe?
  • Options
    tpi52tpi52 Member Posts: 5
    congrats. looks like you got a good deal on your EX - so tell me, Stokes or Hendricks? thanks in advance
  • Options
    yoga_subyoga_sub Member Posts: 10
    4D
  • Options
    lmp1976lmp1976 Member Posts: 4
    Hendricks...see the internet salesman. I had to wait about a month to get the color I wanted but it was worth it. Service was great, there was no pressure, and he stuck to his word.

I went to Stokes first but they were not willing to negotiate at all and were not very friendly.
  • Options
    integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    MSRP is 16860 including destination.

Do you think I can get away with $15500 plus TTL?
  • Options
    passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    Invoice price w/destination is $15,463. Always bargain from invoice, never MSRP. Also remember they get their 3% holdback fee regardless.
  • Options
    newcivicmannewcivicman Member Posts: 14
    You did pretty good. Bought same car in Southern New Jersey for $17,800, which included several dealer installed options already on the car. Listed for $18,400.
    Most in area are selling at MSRP or only a few hundred off.
    The cars great so far.
  • Options
    I have about 4 - 5 dealers to play with, I might start at $15K and see if they toss me out or not, and then work my way up from there.
  • Options
    clg6000clg6000 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all-

I got a fantastic deal from a dealer in Cleveland on an '06 Honda Civic Manual EX (silver)--this was the last day of the year, and they wanted to get stuff off their lot, so they were willing to let me have it for $17,900, with wheel locks thrown in. I wouldn't expect them
    to do that again anytime soon, and it took a lot of work, but in the end, it was a great deal. It was a pleasure working with the salesman there--he was a very up-front, reasonable guy.

The car has been great so far (it's been about three days now). I was going back and forth between this car and a TDI Jetta--but figured why should I pay 3000 bucks more for a car that gets about the same milage, but takes more expensive gas? The Jetta drive is a little sportier than
    the Civic but not by much. It's true I'll miss being one of VW cool hipster club, but I sure won't miss having to pay out the nose for repairs every year. I used to own a '97 Jetta bought used, and has to pay the value of the car over in repairs within a year or so.

That being said, anyone know anything about the '06 civic recall (apparently there's a problem with the accelerator pedal coming loose)? Is this one of those problems that crop up when a car gets redesigned, or just a one-off mistake?
  • Options
    jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    "VW cool hipster club?" I had no idea their marketing was that effective...

There is no widespread "recall" on the accelerator pedal. Some of the early cars had a problem, and the dealers were told to fix it before delivery, for those that weren't handled at the port. Very few cars got into owner's hands with the problem.

Yes, I would characterize it as an "early release issue" - the Japanese tend to have fewer of these than average, but no new car is without some of these kinds of things in the first model year.
  • Options
    newcivicmannewcivicman Member Posts: 14
    There is a recall out for this problem which affects about 25,000 civic's. I got my recall notice last month. Most of the 25,000 cars however, have not been sold yet. I have not experienced the problem, but brought it into the dealer anyway. The service guy will check the bolt on the pedal while you wait and if there's a problem they will fix it. They told me that if you have the problem you will experience a 10 second delay when stepping on the pedal.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    stewartjbstewartjb Member Posts: 2
    I busted my passenger side tail light and wanted to know how much would it cost to fix it and also I have some blemishes or deep scratches on the rear end how much might that cost me??

-Jess
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Not easy to come with body shop estimates over the internet. Take it to the dealer or another trusted body shop.
  • Options
    Well, got my first out the door price from a dealer today, the no hassle place near my house offered $500 off MSRP, bringing the 2D LX 5M to $16360. About what the guy at the other place where I test drove the AT mentioned but didn't commit to on paper. I still want to test drive the 5M before making offers, at least the fact that one guy definitively came off of MSRP is a start!
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    You should be able to do much better than only MSRP minus $500 now that inventories are increasing. I'd recommend shopping around. Don't concern yourself with MSRP. Understand that the invoice cost for that model is $14,913, minus 3% dealer holdback of $447, plus destination charge of $550.

That means that you should work upwards from their REAL COST of about $15,016. Try adding in a dealer profit of $284. That means that you should make an offer of $15,300.
  • Options
    That's the neighborhood I was looking for (and I'll eventually get). Still have to actually drive the 5M, and maybe a competitor or two.
  • Options
    mantramantra Member Posts: 7
    What is the lowest price on a standard Honda 2006 Honda Civic AT ?
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    The invoice cost for a 2006 Civic DX AT Coupe is $13,864, minus 3% dealer holdback of $416, plus destination charge of $550.

That means that you should work upwards from their REAL COST of about $13,998. Try adding in a dealer profit of $252. That means that you should make an offer of $14,250. Since that is not a very popular configuration, a dealer may jump at your offer if they have one on the lot. If they have to order one or wait until one comes in, you have less leverage.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the DX does not come standard with AC and many dealers will automatically have this added, unless you happen to catch a stripped base model fresh off the truck.
  • Options
    slawenda1slawenda1 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone purchased / installed the XM Satellite Radio Kit on a new 2006 Civic that is "XM-Ready"? If so, how much did you pay (parts and labor)? Is it possible to buy parts for this that are not Honda parts (i.e. cheaper)? If so, where? Did anyone have someone other than their dealer install it (e.g. Best Buy)? I want to add XM directly to the navigation unit on a new 2006 Civic Sedan EX with navigation, but most dealers want to charge around $700-800!!! What a rip-off! Price should be no more than half of that! Please let me know. Thanks.