Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic: Future Models

Comments

• alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    But, based on looks alone, that thing isnt something I'd buy. The lights going all the way across the front calls to mind the early 90s Grand Prix and Sable models. Ewh. And what's up with the RX-8 knock off exhaust!

~alpha
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Posts: 223
    I've read somewhere that stability control adds around $300.00 to the price of the car these days.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,407
    Sheet metal looks great, but the headlights and taillights are a little too much. Sure we won't get it here though. 4 door hatchbacks are just too practical. Unfortunately wastefull/ impractical cars get more attention stateside.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I've read somewhere that stability control adds around $300.00 to the price of the car these days.

It probably cost manufacturer that much to buy the equipment, who is going to pay to install it, and design the new brake system around it? Even if the option costs $500 are you willing to pay for it? This will bring the LX sticker close to $16,000.
  • turboshadowturboshadow Posts: 349
    I, for one, would definitely buy the five doior hatch if it comes here.

Please, Honda,. Pretty please.

Turboshadow
  • chidorochidoro Posts: 125
    Is that a Pacer?

I can't see this one coming stateside, not that it would matter to me much as I would never get something that looked like that. Door handles, wheels and exhaust ar the only things that are appealing.

I really just wat to see the dang sedan.
  • I saw one a car carrier in Maryland last week and was nuts for it. Currently drive an old Toyota hatch wagon and have been in market for new Honda.

Have called all the local Honda shops - they don't sell it, and when I looked it up on net, appear that they only sell it in Europe, or otherwise outside the states. One dealer suggested that the car I saw was en route to a magazine/reviewer/car show, etc...

Is it possible to buy the 5 door hatchback in US?
    VW, Mazda, and Toyota all have 5 door hatchbacks, but Honda has abandoned that market in the U.S.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Element.

More of a small van, really. But it fits the profile.
    Element is an SUV that lacks the nimble size of a car, and it uses more fuel than a V-6 Accord much less a Civic. It also only seats 4.

As far as I am concerned it is closer to a Suburban than it is to a Civic. Unfortunately Honda and others have abandoned wagons and hatches because more people agree with varmint. The feeling seems to be that a vehicle has to be ponderous and inefficient to have utility.

The SUV acronym is truely genius as it gave features to a class of vehicles that was neither sporty or utilitarian (for their size and weight). Fortunately the tide is turning and there are more wagons coming out. Honda will just take a while - they are slow to adapt. VW had fuel injection in all their vehicles 10 years before Honda.
    VTEC
    Hybrids
    Cross-overs
    Magic seat
    The in-bed trunk
    The CVCC
    SH-AWD
    120 hp/liter
    Nav systems

Yeah... Honda is way behind.

As for the Element, I think it's simply a matter of people recognizing what they actually do with their vehicles. What good is a wagon with nimble handling when you creep along in traffic all the time.

With a vehicle like the Element, xB, or PT Cruiser, you can enjoy the car for its trick features, styling, or functionality. And you can see where you're going.
    Is it possible to buy the 5 door hatchback in US?

Both Element and CR-V are based on the Civic. They both use the same 2.4 liter found in Accord, and offer AWD.

As much as I would like a 5 door hatch, if I were faced with buying a $20,000 Civic 5 door, or $20,000 Element, I would probably go for the Element. Although, I did not like the way it drove, dollar for dollar, Element, offers more.
    As much as I would like a 5 door hatch, if I were faced with buying a $20,000 Civic 5 door, or $20,000 Element, I would probably go for the Element. Although, I did not like the way it drove, dollar for dollar, Element, offers more.

-----------------------------------------------
    Ugh. Element would offer poorer performance, worse mileage and worse handling than a Civic 5 door. I'd take the 5 door every time. I like to stop, go, and turn too much to spend money on high, tippy vehicles. been there, done that, I'll never do it again.

Plus, and this is just my opinion, the Element is the ugliest thing on the road since the Aztek is gone. xB give it a good run for the money in the ugly department.

Turboshadow
    It can be lowered

Plastic can be painted
    Or both
    You can stick a candle in a cow pie, but that won't make it a birthday cake.

Turboshadow
    It is not all about size. Just because the element is larger does not mean it is better. In fact it is worse at just about everything, except cargo space. It only seats 4 for goodness sakes.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    Nothing like taking a car that already looks silly, and making it even more so...oh well....
    Honda sells 3-5K Elements each month. How many Civic hatches do they sell?
    Well, how many hatches do they offer besides the overpriced Si? And before everybody gets all upset, I had an 89 Si that I loved, but the current Si is an overpriced, underwhelming vehicle.

If Honda offered a decently priced 5-door Civic, I would be first in line to get one. Right now, Honda offers nothing I'm interested in. I've felt this way (sadly) since 1998, when I traded in my beloved Si. I owned Civics from 86-98, and if they offered something I liked, I'd get it.

But they don't.

Turboshadow