Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    I wouln't do it.I have a Type S Acura and the suspension is stiffer and I tried the SI Civic and I wouln't mess with it.
    The specs are diferent, too much so for this type of modification. :)
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    well this is actually done a lot, especially to this car, simply because many people thought the k20 in the 02 si was not worthy of the si moniker.

If it makes you feel any better, this engine is in the european civic type r (previous generation) which is a basiclally a cooler looking version of the car you guys are looking at, with the engine and tranny standard. Look up a tuning shop in your area, and they would probably be the best to evaluate the car.

most people swap out the engine from directly imported ones from japan; and these engines usually have no more than 40k on them simply because the japanse i think, get taxed according to how much maintanece a car requires or some weird thing like that. The odometer reading is probably only acurate for the cars body.
  • Hi everyone, I'm a little frustrated with the dealer that I bought my 2007 HCH from right now. I got fog lamps installed. At 1st the lamps were shining too much to the sides instead of the front.

I complained and took it back to them to correct. They adjusted it and caused it to shine forward, but it now shines towards the ground right infront of the car. So I can't tell whether the lamps are on or off.

Could someone tell me how I could adjust these lamps myself? Have anyone had this problem? Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks
    Cliff
    Columbia, MD
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,732
    "They adjusted it and caused it to shine forward, but it now shines towards the ground right infront of the car. So I can't tell whether the lamps are on or off."

Fog lights are supposed to point towards the ground. If they shine higher up they hit the fog and blind the driver. They intentionally point lower than headlights.

Doesn't your switch position indicate if the fog lights are on?
  • kenlwkenlw Posts: 190
    ...fog lamps should point straight ahead. The lens (glass) and reflector design is what makes them fog (wide beam) or driving (narrow beam). In either case they should be aimed level, not up, not down nor sideways.

Because of the wide beam, fogs often appear to be shining down more than they really are, they light up the pavement really well right below the lamps, that's normal. Shine them on an open wall to see exactly where they are pointed.

but if they installed the foglamps correctly, you should have an green indicator light just to the left of the headlight "on" indicator on the dash.
  • Thanks for responding Kenlw. They are installed correctly mechanically. I do see that green light on the dash board when I turn the fog lamps on. However, it's their alignment I have an issue with. They are pointed to shine on the pavement infront of the car, BUT, the beam is pointed down so much that I don't even see the difference when the lamps are on or off on a dark road at night.

What I need to do is align them myself and i'm wondering how it's done. Thanks
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    I use my driveway and garage door outside when it's dark, which is very flat, level, and I coincidentally have an expansion joint in the concrete perpendicular to the doors.

I've been able to get any of the lights aligned pretty darn good, just by eye, and then moving the car closer or further away to make sure they aren't angled up or down inappropriately for the beam it is. I've even had a couple checked by the state inspection folks during a normal inspection and passed.
    that's the method I use for my headlights, but I haven't tried for these fogs yet.
  • jr23kidjr23kid Posts: 1
    u shouldnt really need new speakers, u should be able to build off stock ones. ur best bet is to find a sound expert that can get u about 95 db which is 5 under the legal limit in most states and have them help you soundproof the car better. thats the big thing is you can have bigg sound but a l ot is outside noise. a guy i know only bys the sub and builds off of the stock speakers. the only thing a new set of speakers does is sometimes makes it clearer, but if u want a symphony hall ur better off soundproofing better first then equing ur car to the sound u like.
  • kyotekyote Posts: 28
    Road noise is a major problem in my 02 EX. I agree, if you could stop some of the road noise then any stereo will sound somewhat better. Anyone have expereince with soundproofing? I can not tell for sure if the majority of noise is from door area or from floor. There is various types of soundproofing material available, but I would hope to hear of an actual successful soundproofing expereince before I invest time and money.
  • error438error438 Posts: 17
    i have an '07 civic lx and just bought a new shift knob. i am having problems getting it on. i can unscrew the knob, but the fake leather part under it(boot?sleeve?)just dangles. can anyone help with it. its a pilot motorsports knob. thanks
  • What's with the alloy wheels--are they a good thing or not? What about splash guards ($95 plus installation; moonroof visor 135 plus installation; fog lights $325 plus installation, door edge guard $70 plus installation. My goal is to preserve the car but not to waste money. Are these worthwhile and what about these prices. Thanks for your help. I need to be a little prepared!
    door edge guard and splash guards may actually do something (and are very easy to install yourself), all the others are for looks, they don't "protect" anything.

The moonroof visor just reduces the amount of the opening....kinda pointless.

Alloys on a Civic are strictly for looks. personally I have 18" HFP and yes, like the looks. there is no performance to be enhanced....

some pics of my 07 EX coupe with HFP package, fogs, door edge guards, splash guards, etc...but no moonroof visor:
    http://www.carspace.com/kenlw/Albums/kenlw%27s%20Album/
    Kenwl.

I thought point of moonroof visor was to reduce wind noise? Does it help with that?

How do the splash guards look? I have seen pictures but not in person.

Thanks.
    actually ken, since i'm pretty sure you have at least slighly performance oriented tires on those 18's, the added stiffness of the rim and the combo of those tires makes for a better handling ride.
    the splash guards are ok, the moonroof visior is so that you can have the roof all the way open and not hear as much rushing of the wind into the cockpit of the car.
    you're probably right, but I'm coming from 10 years of driving a v6 Camry, so the loss of HP and the extreme loss of torque is still painful......

It is very flat in extreme cornering.
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    I have the splash guards on my Royal Blue Pearl Sedan - they are not really all that noticeable against the dark blue. They certainly help to keep the mud and stone chips off the rocker panels. I also have the door edge guards - very good idea (should be standard equipment, IMO).

And, I have the moon roof visor. It certainly does reduce wind noise when the moon roof is open. And, cruising on the highway in rain, it lets you keep the moon roof open an inch or two without getting any water in.
    drumbb,

Thanks for that info. I plan to buy a 07 very soon. The moon roof visor and splash guards sound like good investments and think I will purchase these.
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    I actually got the splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray as a freebe dealer incentive. The door edge guards and moon roof I ordered at purchase, and then put them on myself - installation is pretty trivial (moon roof is just four removeable clips).