Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Honda is now offering remote start for 5AT cars. Well the ones with an automatic transmission. 2 kits with or w/o security system.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Remote start has a vehicle monitor. Very cool indeed. But other cars have it as well. It's nice that honda is adding nice accessories to their cars.
  • Does anyone know about a turbo/supercharger kit for an '06-'07 Honda Civic LX coupe (non-Si)?
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    see my response in the other thread that you posted this in.
  • aS MY USER NAME STATE i AM NEW TO THE THE WHOLE TUNER INDUSTRY, mY BACKGROUND IS IN AMERICAN HOT RODS. i HAVE BROUGHT 2007 HONDA CIVIC AND i WANT TO TWEEK IT TO IT MOST POTENTIAL. MONEY IS NOT A CONSIDERATION, WHAT EVER IT COST IS FINE. wHAT IS THE BEST POWER TRAIN FOR THIS TYPE OF CAR AND ANYOTHER SUGGESTION WILL BE HELPFUL
  • kyotekyote Posts: 28
    On my EX, I got the optional cargo net. It was installed by the dealer. Does anyone else have a dealer installed cargo net on a 2 door? My net is set in the trunk area at an angle. It is not straight up and down. So I wonder if they used the 4 door template instead of the 2 door templete when the installed it.

Thanks for any info.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi - welcome to CarSpace! You'll want to drop by the Speed Shop Tuning and Modification board. You'll find lots of assistance there!
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    just as long as its an si, you'll be fine. if its a dx-ex, i'd buy a different car.
  • Hi, I have a 2003 honda civic, just on the way I drove home, at the corner I braked when I made the turn, but while I tried to gas and speed up, the car did not run any longer, it stopped!!!

I stepped on the gas for several times and I could hear the sound from the engine, but the engine velocity(or called sthelse, how fast it runs) straight down on the monitor.

So I turned off the the car, and restarted it, fortunately it was not a busy road, and then everything went back to normal again!

However, Im really afraid the same thing may happen when I drove on highway or other places. Could anyone help me to have a guess what may be wrong my dear car? Do you think it will be servere problem with it? Or maybe I did sth improperly when I braked and speeded up real quickly?

Thanks a lot! Have a great day! :blush:
  • I wouldn't worry about it much unless it happens again.

Most likely you hit it into neutral be accident and didn't realize it.
  • doan4udoan4u Posts: 105
    Eeeek :surprise: That allots of cash. You could purchase one for $150....
  • I have not been on this forum in several years since I bought my last Honda. At that time, there was an internet site where you could get discounted prices for new honda accessories. Does anyone have the internet address for this site? Thanks.
  • I would go aftermarket, but I just wouldn't trust an aftermarket system ( Well, a non-Honda branded aftermarket system). Or is remote start mainly a GMC thing? :confuse: I don't want to damage my car in anyway, you know? :sick: Any help?

Thanks in advance! :)
  • I very much like the new 2008 Civic sedan but for one characteristic: the rear turn lights are red --- as opposed to yellow in the coupe --- and I much prefer yellow turn lights, which I believe are safer (we have two small kids). So I desperately need some help:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE REAR TURN LIGHTS FROM RED TO YELLOW?

If yes, how --- by getting a yellow bulb, by getting a new light cover/lens...?

How expensive (or, hopefully, cheap) is this?

Thanks greatly in advance to anyone who can help. (I'm not much of a technical person, as you can see.)
  • kork13kork13 Posts: 90
    Yes, you can definitely change out those lights. The light itself is just a regular white bulb, so what you're actually out to replace is the cover (though you may be forced to just change the entire light assembly... don't know).

Although a normal auto parts store probably wouldn't have what you need in stock, they might have a catalog of some sort that you could get it from... Otherwise, there are many online aftermarket parts suppliers, they should have something that will work for you better.
  • novanova Posts: 135
    Does anyone know were the outside temp sensor is on an EX. I seems to reading about 9 degree's to cool. I had the windows tinted but I think the sensor is out side of the car
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    I think it is up under the front bumper somewhere. There is some mention of it in the owners manual, and about adjusting it if the reading is way out of true - something about it in the manual anyway (I just can't remember what, exactly).
  • novanova Posts: 135
    Thanks after I asked the question I decided to read the owners manual. You can adjust it 5% either way. the temp is still 4% off. I will go to the dealer
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    I have not been on this forum in several years since I bought my last Honda. At that time, there was an internet site where you could get discounted prices for new honda accessories. Does anyone have the internet address for this site? Thanks.

Try collegehillshonda.com. They have pretty good prices on Honda accessories.
  • Can anyone please tell me how to remove the resonator from an '07 civic lx coupe, or if it's even possible?