Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• I just purchased a 2003 Civic EX with side air bags and no other options. The dealer offered me the "security" system for $500. Hahaha! I have the keyless entry, but what is the security system? Should I even think about a aftermarket alarm, like the Viper? Thanks.
  • tdattdat Posts: 27
    You could get the security system module from http://www.handaaccessories.com/ for $120 and install it yourself. Pretty straightforward.
  • I saw the site, but I still don't understand the advantage of having one, the other or both. I would like to hear the justification of $120+. Is it just a noisemaker? If so I'll skip it.
  • I love the keyless entry. Very convenient. Thought it was a gew-gaw, until it came on a car I bought and I started using it.
  • tdattdat Posts: 27
    Well, it's an alarm, integrated with keyless entry system. I would say it's more than a noisemaker. :)
  • redsirredsir Posts: 34
    Would like to upgrade for better wet traction.

Selection for 195/60/15 v-rated is very limited.

Looks like 205/55/15 is the choice.

What have you changed to?
  • mdrivermdriver Posts: 385
    Has anyone replaced the rear shocks on their Civic to improve damping control. I am getting tired of my 02's floaty jumpy rear ride. Are there any aftermarket adjustable shocks that will work in conjuction with the perfectly acceptable front stock struts? Cheers
  • My baby Bichon puppy chewed the button on the emergency brake. The blank leather around the button has teeth marks. I need to replace the damaged tip of the handle. Who, how, what and where? Any ideas?
  • alexjsalexjs Posts: 4
    I've got the stock head unit in my Civic and I'm finally gonna add a CD changer (mounted preferably in the trunk). Two questions:

1 - which changers will work with this unit? I've heard the Alpine CHM-600 would do the trick, but how about later models like the 620 or 630?

2 - out of curiosity... who makes the head units? Alpine? Blaupunkt?
  • kukarekakukareka Posts: 18
    Civic's manual doesn't recommend to intstall a roofrack. Is there anyone who has one? If yes, what is the heaviest load it can hold?
    Thank you!
    Try Yakima or Thule. Footpads are silicone and attach with custom clips. They are very, very secure.

I have used mine with a 50 lb,14 ft Kayak for several years. Only two straps needed. Once I put an Oak table on.

When you change cars, just buy new mounting clips. Downside....high cost.
  • kukarekakukareka Posts: 18
    Thank you for your info!
    I'm planning to have one for a canoe.
    Redsir, would you mind to tell me how did you find out that roof/roofrack would accomodate such weight (50lbs). Was it dealer that garanteed weight limit or roofrack manufacturer (Thule as you mentioned)? Also, what trim is your Civic?
    Thank you again!
  • tmtrp1tmtrp1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Civic Coupe and wanted to upgrade the headlight bulbs to something with the Ultra White or Ultimate White HID types. I have a question though. I've tried to find out what types of bulbs fit and I have two different answers. The parts people at the dealer said the lights in their inventory indicate they are H4 but the owner's manual shows something called an HB2. I remember with my 91 H/B I got a 9004. What's correct?
    Sorry for late reply.... been busy shopping for Suzuki Aerio SX. :)

Anyway, Yakima and Thule will give you load ratings for your car.

My first rack was for a 1997 4dr Civic EX. I bought new clips and special spreader bars when I went to a 2001 2dr Civic LX ($300.00 CDN!). I now have my 2002 SIR hatch and will try it soon to see if it fits.

For a canoe, the accessory fittings are most likely a good buy. They will be good quality. Also it may not be as aerodynamic, so front and rear straps may be in order.

Don't sweat the details. Get the rack and get in the water. Summer is here and will fly by. Get some good pics. When winter returns they are great screen savers.
  • rkanrkanrkanrkan Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 sedan and believe the bulbs to be the same. The Sylvania web site, http://www.sylvania.com/bin/carApp/carApp_ver2.pl?flag=model_qual- s&make=&make=Honda&year=&year=2001&model=Civi- c&x=50&y=12#1
     is where I got my info when I wanted to purchase the Silver Stars. These bulbs are great! So White, so bright! You will notice a big difference. Anyways the site says the part number is 9003, and the upgrade part number is 9003ST. The Sylvania site has some good info.
  • sdradioguysdradioguy Posts: 101
    I have a 1996 Civic DX coupe which I bought new, and would like to give to my mom when I get another car. The problem is that it came without power steering (as did every DX 5sp. coupe that year). Is there any way I can get power steering added? And, if so, what would that involve?
  • sfbmcsfbmc Posts: 4
    I want to install an amplifier to my 1998 Honda
    Civic EX stereo. Where is the best way of routing the power cable from the battery to the
    trunk. I can't seem to find a good spot to drill on the firewall to route the cable. Please help.
  • dust90dust90 Posts: 169
    I noticed your old post, requesting info on a center armrest. I too have a 2002 Si & am hunting for a center armrest. Have you had any luck in your search. OR anyone else find an armrest for the Si?? I'd prefer one that folded up & out of the way when not being used.

Thanks
  • dudkadudka Posts: 451
    I have posted info on armrests, but the hosts keep deleting it siting that no commmercial info should be posted here. I am just passing along the information. Also check out a website solely deicated to the new Si. Once again no links allowed, but our body code is EP and it is a hatch, hence -- ephatch.
    There are two types of arm rests out there. One that mounts to the center console and the other that mounts to the seat mounting bolts.

Good luck
  • I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding aftermarket websites for parts for 1986 CRX. I've tried to search but havent found a whole lot. mainly looking for cosmetic stuff like lights and other accesories. any help will be much appreciated.

thanks