Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra (GS-R & Type R)

2»

Comments

• revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    While you're waiting here for a response, you may want to check out Edmunds' Maintenance Guide to see if there are any TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) that may be related to your steering wheel squeeking noise. Good luck.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards
  • thanx for the advice revka, i found the TSB for my problem, but it doesn't help a bit as to disclosing the nature of my problem. i.e. what's wrong and how do i fix it (and will it cost me an arm and a leg). i mean if it's not a big deal but costs a bundle to fix i think i would put off fixing it. furthermore alldata.com says that honda company requests they not post how to fix the problem. do i take this up with honda?. any further advice would be appreshiated. I read the tidbit about TSB's on edmunds and basically concluded that i have to go to the dealership and suffer at their mercy (my car is past warrenty), are there other alternatives?.
    thanx for your help
    subtleluck
    You said: " furthermore alldata.com says that honda company requests they not post how to fix the problem"

Have you tried seeing if you can get more information from the NHTSA? Btw, here's another Acura Integra discussion, from our Sports Cars message board, where you may also want to post (copy/paste) your message: Acura Integra GSR - Advice & Opinions, PART 3.

At the very least, you can give the TSB number to your local Acura service manager and ask if he'd share some details with you; the TSB should include a brief explanation on parts & labor. Good luck and please return to let us know your outcome. ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards
  • rockyrrockyr Posts: 1
    how fast is the top speed, 0-60,1/4 mile,0-100
    thanks
  • zmpzmp Posts: 24
    I just bought a 1999 Acura Integra GSR last Saturday, I went with a print out of Edmund's.com Trade Market Value, and the dealer said that this price was below the price car. They then printed out the kelley blue book price and it was way above their price. The NADA price was in the middle and was the price I bought the car for. I paid $16.900 for the car, it has 39,500 miles and it is a Certified Acura. Is this price fair?????

Also, when I was driving the car back home (I live in Orlando and had to travel to Jackonsville to find the car since it's a hard to find car) I found strange that when I was driving 95 mph on fifth gear the car was making 5,000 rev/min. Does this sound right?
  • cjhannancjhannan Posts: 201
    When the car was new, Car & Driver tested the '95 GSR and got a 7.0 sec 0-60 time and somewhere in the low to mid 15s for the 1/4 mile. I'm not really sure of what the top speed was, but it's probably something like 130-135 mph. Hope that helps.
  • cjhannancjhannan Posts: 201
    $16.9k for a '99 GSR w/ 39.5k miles sounds like a good deal to me. I bought a '97 GSR sedan in '99 w/ 41k miles and I paid $17k, which was right about average for what KBB and Edmunds said it was worth, if I remember correctly. As far as engine RPM at a given speed in 5th gear, what I've found to be generally true is that whatever speed your going, if you divide that in half, and then add two zeros (i.e., mulitpy by 100), that's what the RPMs are. So, for example, if you're doing 80 mph, that equates to about 4000 rpm, more or less. So, at 95 mph, you should be turning a little under 5000 rpm. So, your situation sounds about right to me. I don't often get the chance to cruise at 95 around here, so I can't be totally sure. But don't worry -- you've got 3k rpm left before you hit redline! ;-) VTEC engines are pretty impressive, don't you think?
    Since we have a number of Acura Integra discussions, throughout Town Hall, this discussion is going to be closed and linked to a couple other ongoing discussions.

Here are direct links to: Acura Integra Part II (Hatchbacks) and Acura Integra GSR - Advice & Opinions, PART 3 (Coupes). Please feel free to copy/paste any of your recent messages into either one of these discussions. Thanks for your participation.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
2»
This discussion has been closed.