Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot transmission problems

bcb232bcb232 Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Honda
I have a 2005 honda pilot ivd had about 2 years its got 149, 000 miles on it im now having transmission problems.... the D light is flashing and its down shifting to 3rd going down the highway. I took it to AutoZone and the code was P0705 which says its the transmission range sensor.. about how much am I looking at it costing me to get it fix and is this correct.

Comments

• Also having problems with the same year vehicle there seems to be a trend her and honda needs to take responsibility to fix this!

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,778
    edited February 8

So, after NINE years and 149,000 miles a sensor go's bad and you really think Honda should take responsibility for this?

Do you think every part on every car should be warrantied forever?

This is hardly a "trend". It's part of a car aging and is to be expected even on a Honda!

• yes hope it happens to yours so you can pay 4K for a car thats work 5K

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,778
    edited February 13

Wow...now you are wishing bad luck on me?

On an older car with high miles, a catastrophic failure can actually total a car.

In the case of this car I think I would look for a used transmission out of a wrecked Pilot with low miles

But if this DID happen I wouldn't be happy but I would accept it as "one of those things" that can happen. I wouldn't complain on a public forum.