It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
2014 Audi Q7 Problems - DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
My new Q7 has so many problems, I don't know where to start.
First of all, it drives and handles okay, although somewhat sluggish. It is quiet at high speed.
Now the bad. The electronics are horrible.
- The GPS input takes longer than the average distance to the destination i.e. we are often almost there before we can get the address entered. AUDI - USE A TOUCH SCREEN! AND USE A STANDARD KEYBOARD. Voice recognition does not work.
- You can't turn the car on without the radio coming on. Took it to the dealer, and they say nothing they can do. Ambiance.
- Backup camera takes so long to come on after the car is in reverse that I am already out of my garage by the time it shows up. Useless.
- Door locks don't work unless you have the keys. So if the car is in the garage, and you need something out of the trunk, and the driver door is open, you have to climb over everything to get in the trunk.
- Garage door opener doesn't work unless the car is on. Why?
- Cruise control - good.
- Traveling hot spot -wifi. If you pay for it, it's good. But it's pricey, and when you don't pay, it ruins your cell phone coverage in the car.
- Climate controls - horrible. The dealer tech couldn't figure out some of them. If you push the defrost button the fan comes on really strong, but then you have to go through a few buttons before you can turn down the fan speed - and you have to do it twice, once for the drivers side, and once for the passenger side. Very distracting.
- Storage space - missing. In the drivers seat area, there is not a lot of space to put anything.
- My son lay down in the back seats and put the shoulder belt behind him. The seat belt then tightened around his waist and we couldn't get it unhooked. We almost had to cut the seat belt to get him out. It was very scary.
Overall I have found that I am constantly struggling with the electronics to the point that my focus is inside the car and not on my driving. It is dangerous.
I am curious if others are having these same problems and find this to be a dangerous car.