Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Honda Accord Lease Questions

145791022

Comments

  • cdtottencdtotten Posts: 11

    Is there any lease cash available at this point? Thanks again for the quick response!

  • ankurgankurg Posts: 19

    Am I being unrealistic in proposing the following offer to a dealer in NJ 2014 Accord EX-L with Navi, 4 door sedan, 10k miles, 36 months, 0 down MSRP - 30045 Invoice - 28269 Offered price - 25000 MF - 0.00045 Residual - 57% Monthly payment with 7% NJ tax - 254 per month Upfront Payment - Acquisition fee + Doc + registration (approx. $1000) Please advise Ankur

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @cdtotten said: Is there any lease cash available at this point? Thanks again for the quick response!

    Sorry - $500 lease cash is available.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @ankurg said: Am I being unrealistic in proposing the following offer to a dealer in NJ 2014 Accord EX-L with Navi, 4 door sedan, 10k miles, 36 months, 0 down MSRP - 30045 Invoice - 28269 Offered price - 25000 MF - 0.00045 Residual - 57% Monthly payment with 7% NJ tax - 254 per month Upfront Payment - Acquisition fee + Doc + registration (approx. $1000) Please advise Ankur

    The MF and residual are spot on - but I can't tell you if the dealer would be willing to go $3000 under invoice for the selling price.

    You may want to check the "Accord Prices Paid" discussion to see what EX-L with Navi are selling for in NJ.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • usman247usman247 Posts: 3

    Hi, I got a quote on 2014 EX-L V6 w/Navi (MSRP 32900) for 36 months, 20K, 100 out of pocket and everything else rolled in payments. 100+ 35 payments @ 428. Any thoughts on the deal?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679

    @usman247 said: Hi, I got a quote on 2014 EX-L V6 w/Navi (MSRP 32900) for 36 months, 20K, 100 out of pocket and everything else rolled in payments. 100+ 35 payments @ 428. Any thoughts on the deal?

    It's hard to comment without knowing the selling price... and, how they compute the 15K extra miles over a 15K/yr lease. And, your tax rate.

    If I guess at all of that, I'd say it's a pretty fair deal.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • enviousenvious Posts: 3
    edited April 15

    @usman247 said: Hi, I got a quote on 2014 EX-L V6 w/Navi (MSRP 32900) for 36 months, 20K, 100 out of pocket and everything else rolled in payments. 100+ 35 payments @ 428. Any thoughts on the deal?

    The one dealer I went to offered me the same car spec (msrp 33,190) for 36 months and 12k with $430 a month. I'm like 90% sure it was $430 a month, but I could be wrong since I don't have the paper that had the deal written on it.

    I'm in NJ and that price includes all the associated fees with the car.

    EDIT: Mine was an accord coupe, I'm assuming yours is a sedan.

  • ankurgankurg Posts: 19

    Is there any concept of MSD (Monthly security Deposit) on Accord Leases? For BMW, i guess you can pay upto 7 monthly payments as deposit to reduce the money factor by 0.00007 per MSD. Is this valid on Accord as well? if yes then how much does the MF reduces by for each MSD paid? Please advise Ankur

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @ankurg said: Is there any concept of MSD (Monthly security Deposit) on Accord Leases? For BMW, i guess you can pay upto 7 monthly payments as deposit to reduce the money factor by 0.00007 per MSD. Is this valid on Accord as well? if yes then how much does the MF reduces by for each MSD paid? Please advise Ankur

    I don't believe Honda allows MSDs on their leases .. it's usually available for premium makes like BMW or Audi.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • cytmikecytmike Posts: 2

    What is the MF and residual value for Coupe EX and EX-L 2 year lease 12k or 15k? Trying to see if 2 year is for me. I am in Northern California. Thank you!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @cytmike said: What is the MF and residual value for Coupe EX and EX-L 2 year lease 12k or 15k? Trying to see if 2 year is for me. I am in Northern California. Thank you!

    Coupe EX 24/12K - 63%; 24/15K - 62%

    Coupe EX-L 24/12K - 61%; 24/15K - 60%

    .00086 is MF for all

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ankurgankurg Posts: 19

    Hi, whats the money factor and residual on EX-L without navigation in NJ for 12k and 10k miles per year? thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @ankurg said: Hi, whats the money factor and residual on EX-L without navigation in NJ for 12k and 10k miles per year? thanks

    What is the lease term?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ankurgankurg Posts: 19

    sorry 36 months.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @ankurg said: sorry 36 months.

    Residual value for EX-L w/o NAV is 57% for 36/12K and 58% for 36/10K.

    MF is .00045, with $500 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • usman247usman247 Posts: 3

    Hi, Just signed a lease on a new 2014 Accord EXL V6 w/ Navi (20K annual miles @ $428/Month). Below r the details: MSRP: $ 32,900 Capitalized cost: 30,277 Lease Term: 36 Months Out of Pocket: $100 (1st pmt, tax, and all fees rolled in payment) MF: 0.00045 Residual: 52% ($ 15,613) Annual Mileage: 20,000 Seemed like a decent deal but let me know what you think? Thanks.

  • usman247usman247 Posts: 3
    edited April 17

    Also, only 35 payments....

  • la2bayla2bay Posts: 3
    edited April 18

    I live in North California (San Jose,CA). What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Auto (No Navi)? I have excellent credit (770+ FICO) and I'm trying to calculate the best lease for 36 months with 12K miles/yr. I prefer to pay 1st month + plus fees to drive off.

    So far, the best quote I've got was drive-off $788 (tax, DMV fees, and first month's payment), $353 (with tax) monthly, sale price $26586, and MSRP $31415. Is that good?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679

    @la2bay said: I live in North California (San Jose,CA). What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Auto (No Navi)? I have excellent credit (770+ FICO) and I'm trying to calculate the best lease for 36 months with 12K miles/yr. I prefer to pay 1st month + plus fees to drive off.

    So far, the best quote I've got was drive-off $788 (tax, DMV fees, and first month's payment), $353 (with tax) monthly, sale price $26586, and MSRP $31415. Is that good?

    .00086 MF and 54% residual. Your deal looks very fair.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • cytmikecytmike Posts: 2

    @la2bay said: I live in North California (San Jose,CA). What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 Auto (No Navi)? I have excellent credit (770+ FICO) and I'm trying to calculate the best lease for 36 months with 12K miles/yr. I prefer to pay 1st month + plus fees to drive off.

    So far, the best quote I've got was drive-off $788 (tax, DMV fees, and first month's payment), $353 (with tax) monthly, sale price $26586, and MSRP $31415. Is that good?

    I am looking for Accord Coupe in San Jose area too! I have quoted over 10 dealers in the Bay Area for EX-L 4 cyc, and visited some for them. Definitely avoid Capitol Honda because they quote me 2000 over msrp when I visited!?? I have the best quote using truecar.com from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, about 5000 below msrp.

  • cdtottencdtotten Posts: 11

    Just a little tip for those looking to score the absolute best deal. When every dollar counts, avoid TrueCar. TrueCar has a vice grip on every dealership out there that uses them, and the dealership has to pay a "referral" fee of $400-600 the moment that you complete the form on their website if you end up completing a sale with that dealership. Fully knowing that, the dealership is going to ensure that amount is marked up in the deal to offset the cost.

    Just a word to the wise for car buyers out there - get their market values off their site without inputting information, even print it off if you want too... but don't print the certificate and go the whole way through. Just gonna screw yourself over in the end.

  • elishamelisham Posts: 3

    Looking to lease a 2014 EX-L with Nav. Currently offered 36 months 12k miles with first payment TTL out the door for $379.68/mo including tax (9% LA County). Is that reasonable for this region or should I keep contacting other dealers? This was based on true car price of 28374 including destination and doc prep. Thx

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @elisham said: Looking to lease a 2014 EX-L with Nav. Currently offered 36 months 12k miles with first payment TTL out the door for $379.68/mo including tax (9% LA County). Is that reasonable for this region or should I keep contacting other dealers? This was based on true car price of 28374 including destination and doc prep. Thx

    What is the MSRP?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @elisham said: $30835

    If I plug in the $30,835 MSRP and $28,374 selling price into my calculator with a residual of 55% and MF of .00045, I get a pre-tax payment of $337.48 for 36 months.

    Add 9% tax, and we're now at $367.85.

    You may want to check with your dealer to have them break down the numbers a bit more.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • jdyangachijdyangachi Posts: 1
    edited April 22

    Looking to lease 2014 EX-L CVT sedan no navi for 36 months, 12k/year in northern California.

    Offer #1 is MSRP 29,060, selling price 25,491, 1250 drive off includes 1st month, 311.96 for 35 months, including 9% sales tax. I believe he said 500 dealer contribution toward cap cost reduction. 595 acquisition, DMV (should be around 275), and doc (80) all included (somewhere).

    Offer #2 is MSRP 29,060, selling price 25,291, net cap cost 25,886 including 595 acquisition, 453 drive-off for DMV+doc fees, 318 per month, including 9% sales tax for 35 months (1st month paid by dealer).

    2 is lower by almost 600 over the life of the contract, but can I do better? Thanks.

    Not sure what's going on with the font.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,104

    @jdyangachi said: Looking to lease 2014 EX-L CVT sedan no navi for 36 months, 12k/year in northern California.

    Offer #1 is MSRP 29,060, selling price 25,491, 1250 drive off includes 1st month, 311.96 for 35 months, including 9% sales tax. I believe he said 500 dealer contribution toward cap cost reduction. 595 acquisition, DMV (should be around 275), and doc (80) all included (somewhere).

    Offer #2 is MSRP 29,060, selling price 25,291, net cap cost 25,886 including 595 acquisition, 453 drive-off for DMV+doc fees, 318 per month, including 9% sales tax for 35 months (1st month paid by dealer).

    No 2 is lower by almost 600 over the life of the contract, but can I do better? Thanks.

    Not sure what's going on with the font.

    Using the residual of 57% for 36/12K and the MF of .00086 for Northern CA, the first deal works out to $309.71 with tax.

    Deal 2 is a bit higher - $317.43 with tax.

    If they are using the base MF, then the only way to reduce the payment is to negotiate the selling price down, or put money down (which I don't recommend, by the way).

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • ankurgankurg Posts: 19

    For NJ buyers, I would recommend taking the Price Promise certificate from Edmunds.com. Planet Honda is giving 2014 Accord EX-L (without Navigation) for $234 per month, 0 down, 0 due at signing. MSRP is 29060, Backing these numbers,the selling price is 24095. I am going to visit them on Thursday to see if they really honor this certificate or not. Also the certificate does mention that additional discounts may be applied which leaves room for further negotiation on this price. My 2 cents.

  • texanmadetexanmade Posts: 6
    2014 honda accord exl w navigation 0 down 550 a month.
  • texanmadetexanmade Posts: 6
    2014 honda accord with navigation 0 down 550 a month including tax.
145791022
Sign In or Register to comment.