Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Hey, wanted to add my purchase to the mix. Just bought a 2014 Honda CR-V EX FWD in Basque Red Pearl. I think it was a decent deal at 23,500. I bet I could have gotten it cheaper if I bought one of the "grays" in the lot, but I had my heart set on red and they had to do a dealer trade for it. Anyway OTD at 25,9XX. So roughly got the MSRP OTD, feeling good!

• BTW, Thanks Brian for your tips. For those of you that's going to the dealers in the next day or so. You just have to find a dealership that's willing to deal. Most are willing to deal, but when it comes to numbers few of them will move.

• Hi Brian What are the 2014 CRV EX awd going for OTD..I am in Chicago area too..I got a price of 24914 for it ..I know this is high..I been playing around with the number..I am thinking more like $24,-24,200 including dest.. doc is $189.30 Tiltle and and reg $155 +tax..Does this sound fair..

• dh2013dh2013 Posts: 7

I know its late but NC/SC buyers go to Scott Clarks Honda in Charlotte and see Rich/Dave/Barney ... incredible deal ... see them

• yym2001yym2001 Posts: 2

Hi Brian I got a quote for 26700 OTD for 2014 CRV EX awd. Does this price sound good? Here is the breakdown: invoice price : 24000 including destination fee); doc, electronic filling, county flat tax, & tile: around 400; plus tax.

Take the time to call Barney @ Scott Clark in NC 1-877-389-8348 ... for us , it was well worth the drive. We were in the midst of getting all worked up by several dealers that were much closer to us but just thought we would not give up and made a decision to call Scott Clark Honda to compare some numbers. The attitude and pricing was such a positive experience that we are still amazed with our very favorable buying experience. This was a real answer to prayer.

Brian ... thank you so much for your time and expertise offered on this forum ... just like you said , we did our homework on the $900 to $1500 below invoice , accessories installed and how to introduce the trade-in offer. Barney listened to us, saw that we had done our research and took our case to mgmt. and the result ... we drove off the lot with a 2014 CRV EXL 2wd financed by American Honda which is an incentive to both us and the dealer.

Happy New Year ... and thanks again for your insight

• hk26hk26 Posts: 1

Hi Brian, thanks for your comments, they are very helpful. My quote in New Jersey: 2014 honda crv exl, $26,800 including destination, + doc fees of 369+ Reg and NJ taxes of 7%. That's the best I have got after talking to a few dealerships. This is 1200 below invoice ( I have excluded doc fees from this). One question: does it makes sense to buy honda care of 7yr/80k miles for $1150? Thanks a lot for your help.

• ziggy2014ziggy2014 Posts: 1

HK25 would u post the dealership name and address and the person you were dealing with sounds like you got the best deal possible Thanks so much

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,735

justjesus

Your area 's market price is between 700 below invoice to 1500 below your models invoice. The higher end of this price you might not get until the end of the month or when dealersips stock starts to increase.. Read back prior posts to see what dealers in your area are selling at.. then repost any question you may have..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

hk26

Good job with your negotiation your in the higher end of our area's tarket price range.

As far as that warranty if you plan on keeping that vehicle 7 yrs thats your piece of mind. i feel when i buy a honda vehicle i pay that extra $$ for good quility build and resale value.. I have owned 6 honda vechiles and never took the warranty so i'd say i'm either lucky or i'm buying a good product. I also saved 7k over the years. I'm sure the laws of average might catch up one day if i bought 5 more hondas but until then i'll keep that cash in my pocket.

.If I buy a american vehicle and plan of keeping it more than 5 years i would consider on that Vehicle..

yym

Great price your model is 25,519 with dest charge.. No brainer make the deal.. This is a 1500 below invoice price sale..

Post the dealership and state your buying in after you complete your sale..

• dbm14dbm14 Posts: 1

Just bought a CRV AWD LX in TN. Here is the official breakdown:

$499.00 Doc Fee $67.50 Tax/tag tax $44.00 county tax $78.59 business tax $1652.73 state sales tax $21,890.00 price of vehicle

= $24,231.82 out the door

• hls65hls65 Posts: 4

Brian, I bought a 2014 CRV EXL 2WD on 12/31. I am in SC and this is the breakdown . Price paid $25,500 Including Dest, wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray. Dealer Doc Fee 299.00, SCTTL $325. I added the spoiler $300 installed at dealer. I also added 6 oil changes and 6 tire rotations for an additional $199, this also includes free road side assistance... So Total OTD with all mentioned items was 26,623.95. I missed out on Flex cash, there wasn't any available, dealer said it was gone by the middle of the month. I am not sure when they get it and how much they get. All in all I feel I did pretty well. Brian thank you for all of your information on this forum! Buying a car is stressful and it is comforting to have your information so that you can make smart car buying decision and sleep well at night knowing you got a good deal!!!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,094

Man.... how often would I switch cars, if the sales tax was capped at $300?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bmrowebmrowe Posts: 7
    edited January 2

Here is my quote on an LX AWD + door edge guards + pin stripe + 2 years oil changes.

Sale price: $22679. $150 doc fee + $200 licensing due at delivery + free first month. 36 mo/12k.

Monthly payment $244 plus tax.

Seems like a decent deal. I am told our invoice here on an LX AWD is $125 higher than Edmunds due to an advertising fee. Hopefully that is accurate. I am scheduled to sign the deal tonight, so any quick feedback would be appreciated.

his65

good job on your purchase. Dealers in SC are not selling like some other states. If i buy the same vehicle in NY my tax rates is 8.875%. Thats another 1500 in taxes...LOL

kyfdx@Edmunds,

The way the prices of these cars keep on going up I'm going to be on a bike soon.

I'm wondering when Edmunds is going to hand us out some discount car coupons.

Might be best to let them fix/ update this new web site before we bother them.......LOL

• yym2001yym2001 Posts: 2

Hi Brian, Thanks a lot for the input! I sealed the deal today. changed my mind in the last minute. decided to go for EXL AWD. I am in Chicago. The dealer was pretty nice and still offered me a 1500 below invoice price (i.e. 26500 including dest.)+tax, etc. It really helps to read the previous posts!

yym,

good job on the new SUV purchase. Alot of the members here have seem to do real good at the very end of the month especially the last 2 days of dec.. Thats exactly how you buy every new car at months end...

• annt2annt2 Posts: 2

We bought a 2014 CRV EX-L AWD on 31st. The prices quoted included the $500 incentive for taking out Honda financing but that wasn't mentioned in the quotes. Ended up paying slightly more ($50) than $26,151 quoted earlier, at an in town dealership, worth it to not make the 2 hour drive, however, while local dealerships were (extremely reluctantly) willing to come close to the price they did suggest the dealership offering the original price might do a bait and switch process if we bought from them. (I had no way to know if this was true). There was a very hard sell on paint and fabric protection followed by a very, very hard sell on extended warranty. Not sure I'd use this dealership again - they told me one price for the title and documents then charged $20 more on the invoice which I didn't catch till the next day. Also charged $179 dealer fee, but all dealerships I contacted had a fee of $145 to $179 and said this was fixed. Just mentioning these things because I found the process a bit stressful and didn't know enough when I went in to be certain of what was and wasn't negotiable! Happy with the overall deal though.

joe

leave info in my im box I will get back to you later

• I got lots of good info from these discussions so I thought I'd tell you my story. I'm in Southern CA and bought a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD on December 30, 2013. I didn't want the stress and time of shopping around but I did get a referral from an employee at the dealership. I paid $26,330 (incl. destination) for the vehicle, no extras or add-ons, no navigation, no entertainment system. They removed the HDAG fee when I asked them to, took the already-installed security system off, and were ok with me declining the extended warranty--but is seemed like they were required to explain the benefits to me. It was about as low stress as spending that much money can be, and the employees were upbeat, worked well together, and were very efficient. It's a high volume dealership and their priority seemed to be making sure I was happy to get my business and high ratings, which was fine with me. Here's a tip: if you are a distance from the dealership and they say they have the car you want, ask the salesman to message you photos of the invoice and sticker for the car so you can check out everything before you make the drive.

brian , hope you are staying warm up there in ny ... just wanted to get your input on where to buy accessories and approximate cost savings that we might see ? have you heard of bernardiparts.com ... their claim is genuine Honda parts and accessories. just not sure of their cust service level. any input would be helpful ... thanks again for all your help

dh2013

Bernardi honda up in MA has great pricing on parts and accessories.. They also have one of the best price's in the country on honda warranties along with Hyannis and Sachi honda.

Parts and Accessories check out these web sites..... prices are very good

Cheap honda parts

College hills honda parts.

The weather here in NYC area is very cold today about 5 degree's with wind . Good day to sit around and eat / relax.

unfortunately ... that's what the Jets & Giants will be doing ... sitting around, eating and relaxing.

Dont leave out the miserable Mets year after year.

• fassa26fassa26 Posts: 7

@brian125 said: yym

Great price your model is 25,519 with dest charge.. No brainer make the deal.. This is a 1500 below invoice price sale..

Post the dealership and state your buying in after you complete your sale..

Looking to purchase 2014 crv exl awd with navigation in Springfield, pa. Looking to get a great price. Any info would be helpful. Seen one today OTD price is 29,786.00 plus approx 240.00 in fees. Destination charge is included already. Suv has mud flaps,all season mats and wheel locks already from factory. I will still look around for a better price. Financing is 0.9 for 3 years because I have 1st tier credit .

Does honda have any incentives if you go thru their financing the only thing I have seen was military. I will be financing thru them, but my loan will be not that much. What is the least amount you can finance thru honda. If I trade my car and get what I want I will have a great down payment . I live just outside Springfield, pa. Thanks

Does an> @jealkon said:

Philadelphia area, 2014 CRV EX-L AWD $27000 (Car price)