Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• mike372mike372 Posts: 354

Brian, I think internet sales manager at DCH oldbridge in mike not mark,unless there was a change.

• @carkhoj said: By reading all these recent posts, it seems I really got excellent deal! I didn't know about extra 500 between 12/15-1/31. I would say George is really good in communicating and responding to emails. When Honda was offering this extra 500, George emailed me with lower price. I emailed about top 10 dealers in NJ with my OTD price and no one could come close. I found MD OTD prices to be about 700-1000 lower than NJ. I was almost ready to go and buy from Pohanka in MD but couldn't go because of bad weather. I can't complain about the price I got from autosport. Recently, my two friends bought car from Joyce Honda. Both of them had their autosport price matched. Hope you find your deal soon. Good Luck!

• Over the past 20 years, we've purchased 8-10 new cars traveling to NJ from LI, always thousands less than NY dealers, including our 2013 Accord. That being said, the Accord coupe we're considering seems less discounted in our current search. Wackier still, a new 2013s seem to be about the same price as the 2014s being offered.

• jxmkingjxmking Posts: 2

I'm looking to buy a 2014 Honda Accord LX CVT. I have been sending emails to dealers around town. The lowest OTD price I can get is $22,050.00. I live in Orlando,FL. Is this a good deal?

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,785

jxmking: Probably it's an ok price, but it's hard to tell. Please don't give OTD, because unless we know the sales tax rate in FL we can't tell very well. What's the discounted price before TTL? If you got c. $2500 off of list, you did well imho.

• jxmkingjxmking Posts: 2
    edited February 28

Benjaming, The tax for FL is 6.6% . So before TTL, the price for the car with destination fee is $20,500. Should I wait for a better deal?

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,934
    edited February 28

jxmking,

I'm going to add onto benjaminh post. being i'm not sure of what prices are being offered in Florida the target prices and your area's price range to buy should be on the low end 500 below dealers invoice to as high as 1500 below invoice without any rebates or incentives included in mentioned prices.

Florida has a very high doc fee/ admin fee's charge so that has to be taken into consideration when buying or leasing.

LX,CVT model=...................20,829....dealers invoice price.

destanation fee..=.....................790

your total price at invoice......21,619.....w dest charge.

Call these dealerships they are the best out of the lot in your area

Classic, Autonation, Holler , Coggin, Headquarter.

Remember your state's doc fee's range from 599 to 900 dollars. if your target price to buy is 1000 below dealers invoice you must add that dealers doc fee charge onto your asking price to make it a wash on the bill of sale. Unless dealer removes charge which 99% of the time they wont.

Your above deal of 20,500 puts you at 1,119 below invoice price. subtract the dealers doc fee of 599 or higher.. Thats your true below invoice price

good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• pacdecimalpacdecimal Posts: 29
    edited March 1

After reading many of the informative posts on this board and doing some research, we finally purchased a 2014 Accord EX-L, 4-cylinder, no Navigation (modern steel metallic). AutoNation of Lewisville, Tx was our choice, as their internet salesman (Jeff H.) was totally honest and upfront with pricing and options. During our 2 months of communication, he never pressured us to buy at any time, but asked us to contact him when the time was right. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone in the DFW area. I utilized two posters (thank you) who have also purchased their vehicle at AutoNation and used their price of $25,347.00 ($27,258 OTD) as a guide. Jeff was very honest about today's pricing and never pressured us to chose. We decided upon EX-L with price of $25,057 + $122.50 Doc Fee and $26,917.00 OTD, which included a .9% interest rate for 60-months. This included Pro Pack,window tint and one free oil change. We also inquired about a LX ($20,259.50 with Doc Fee) but felt the seats were not as comfortable and little inferior based on our personal choice. Again, I would highly recommend AutoNation of Lewisville to anyone shopping for a car in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I also believe that since we came at end of the month, our price was little different from others who may have purchased in mid month. Thanks again to everyone who posts here and make car purchasing a lot easier for all.

If a dealer in NJ promises a selling price including doc fee of more than 500-600 less than invoice, not including any other incentives, its not going to happen.Trust me I know what I am talkingbout. You will drive to the dealer only to find out they are lying to you. And I dont care if it is the last day of the month, its just not going to happen.

• citizenchicitizenchi Posts: 11

I want to say thanks to @brian125! Following your guidance and email examples, I did all of my price negotiation with various dealers over email and had my price, before all fees, locked in before I went to the chosen (and closest) dealership - Grossinger Honda in Chicago. They did ask me to bring in printouts of similar offers from other dealers (Schaumburg Honda), which I did. I waited until the last week of Feb to start sending emails out, which definitely helped. Got my new ride on Thursday.

We bought a CR-V EX, AWD for $25,700 - OTD price, and thats including the high 9% tax in Chicago. This price also included some B.S. "Perma-Plate" protection they say they have already applied to all the interiors of their cars, costs $289 and wasn't negotiable (I asked twice). It covers all stains, rips, burns, marks, scratches on the interior for 7yrs/100k miles. They either fix or replace the item. We'll see if it's worth it.

There wasn't really anything to negotiate when we got there, other than the F&I guy trying to sell us an extra bumper-to-bumper warranty for 7yrs/100k miles ($0 deductible, rental car, roadside assistance, etc.) for $1250 total. He originally asked $2500 for it and I said no, and then he cut the price in half, saying he needed to make his quota for Feb. I said I'd think about it but I'm not sure it's worth it. Has anyone purchased this and know if it's worth it? Wait until the end of the month and they'll drop their prices on everything as needed.

Anyhow, thanks again Brian! My wife is happy because she has a new ride and I'm happy because I got the price I wanted ($1500 below invoice) and she's now driving safely around Chicago on the snowy roads.

• tjc30tjc30 Posts: 11
    edited March 1

Yesterday I bought 2014 Honda Accord LX sedan CVT for a Drive out price of $22K with Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guards and Wheel locks. This is in Houston,TX

I dint care much about the destination/flexcash/dealer cash because I was soliciting offers from dealership in/around houston (at least 9) for the exact car with the exact options I want. (Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guards and Wheel locks).

Russel and Smith gave that price VERY early stages (2 weeks back) and no one could come close. The next best offer was (22500 Drive out ). Some of them even offered more than 24K. What a joke.

As the vehile already has NITRO tires (which I dint want), they adjusted the car price to account for that. Following is the breakdown

• Car Price (including destination) : 19940
    • Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guardss and Wheel locks : 490
    • TTL (including Doc fee $125, SalesTax 6.25%) : 1570

(I could have saved, may be $100, If I do the accessories on my own, but thats ok with me).

A word about Russel and Smith : They are good guys. In 2006 I bought another honda from them and this year again, it happened to be them offering the best price and no pressure. Finance guy may try to sell some warranty but a firm no is all it takes to it. Their trade-in price is EXTREMELY low..so sell your car elsewhere.

• hyperchik71hyperchik71 Posts: 1

I'm looking to buy the 2014 sedan EX-L V6 with Navi. Going one day next week. I live in MD. I've had a few dealers email me their internet or special price but some count destination and some do not, hard to tell what's a good deal. I keep reading about flex cash...what is this and what is the significance of March 7th? Also are all of these deals assuming excellent credit and scores? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• guillguill Posts: 94

@tbj0801 said: jake1728 and saratogasteve: No trade-in. Just a straight purchase, all negotiated before I even walked into dealership. Used all the techniques described by Brain and others in this thread.
    The Northern VA dealers (Landmark, etc) and Annapolis were a waste of my time as they just gave me the usual run-around; so I quickly eliminated them. Criswell Honda did call me as I was walking into dealership to sign the final papers and it appeared they were going to verbally agree to same deal. In hindsight, perhaps I could have even gotten slightly better deal (or a few other accessories thrown in) by prolonging the negotiation (and getting greedy) by playing off Criswell, etc. but I needed to seal the deal that night due to my own time constraints. My family and I are incredibly happy!

• guillguill Posts: 94

That's an awesome price on your Accord! I sent you a message requesting the contact info for your salesman as I live in the DC area and will soon be looking to buy my own Accord.

edited March 2

hyperchik71 said; March 1 I'm looking to buy the 2014 sedan EX-L V6 with Navi. Going one day next week. I live in MD. I've had a few dealers email me their internet or special price but some count destination and some do not, hard to tell what's a good deal. I keep reading about flex cash...what is this and what is the significance of March 7th? Also are all of these deals assuming excellent credit and scores? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

make sure all your quoted emails , and phone calls to dealerships include vehicle with dest/ charge this avoids any price confusion between you and dealership. All buying customers have to pay this charge of 790.

By March 7th most dealerships that have the flex cash option of 500 to give will offer it to its customers if they finance the vehicle thru the honda corp. You could finance a portion the of vehicle then pay it off within 3 weeks at no penalty or just finance the whole car makes no difference. If your credit score is bad or lower than average you may not recieve this incentive.

Make a list of all the dealerships that are offering flex cash and make your best deal with one of those dealerships 1st. leaving non flex dealerships for 2nd round of talks..

If I know 10 dealerships are offering flex cash I negotiate my lowest possible deal then tell dealership i will finance thru them if they give me the flex cash. lowering my agreed upon deal another 500 dollars.

Never let any dealer apply that 500 dollar incentive to your asking/ buying price. What i mean is in MD pricing is very good dealerships like Criswell, Pohanka, etc will cut deals for close to 1500 below invoice price So If i tell the dealership i will buy this model from you today for 1200 below invoice this price excludes flex cash til after are agreed selling price

Brian, is Pohanka to be trusted. I mean, after an absolutely horrible day with one of the largest dealers in the state (Honda) I am hesitant to travel more than an hour. After luring me to the dealer on the last day of the month, taking over an hour dig the car out of the ice/snow, agreeing to the price as soon as I walked in and sat down with the sleasy salesman, getting approved for financing the Accord thru Honda and receiving the flex cash, four hours later when they presented me with the sales invoice it was 400 more than they promised to sell me the car for. I mean, I have had it with these liars. And this was a dealership which has locations throughout the counrty, so I believed them when they called me with the price. I cant stand looking for a new car which is one of the reasons I run my cars till the wheels fall off. . And if I told you the name of the dealership you would be surprised. Maybe my Civic will last another 200K miles?! Because at this point I need a couple of months off because I drove home very upset. What I mean is dont waste hours of my time, probably six hours if you include driving time, and BS me. Anyone who thinks they can pull a fast one over me will not get the deal.

• gadmccoygadmccoy Posts: 2

Bought a 2014 Accord Sedan Touring yesterday for $33,463 Out the door w/decklid spoiler. Live in Los Angeles area and inquired with 3 different dealerships. The other 2 weren't even close, $32,200 and $32,100 /wo decklid. With TTL it would have put me in the $36k range. Sales tax is 9% out here.

edited March 3

Mike

Sorry to hear that story.. Buying a car and getting thru the rift raf is sometimes hard.

Pohanka can be trusted... but any deal that is a out of state buy dealer must fax you the bill of sale you both sign it then you leave dealer a credit card deposit til you could pick up car.

There are a handful of members who went down to these dealers in MD re- read board and IM message them for info on there deal and contact name of internet managers..

Sorry Brian, but I dont think I ever IM someone.Please explain how I do this w/out an email address.

Mike,

left single or double click on any members name highlighted in blue.. this brings you to there web page.. On that page where it says message thats were you im them.

• lowlight21lowlight21 Posts: 2

Any word yet on what the March promos will be? I'm from Minnesota and looking to purchase an EX-L without nav in the next week.

• 0.9% to 60 mos on 2013; 1.9% on 2014s Also heard there's $2000 dealer cash on 1013 coupes.

• eastwest30eastwest30 Posts: 3

need some advice..@brian125 got 2014 honda accord coupe ex automatic for $21,700 +$500 college grad rebate+ TTL (CA). But now about 2 weeks getting called from delearship that the Honda FInance dept did not accept the diploma (it was from a post graduate east coast university from 2013). So now they want $500. I am not sure what to do? I have already put like 600miles on the car (yeah distances in california are a bit much). do i pay the $500, have it spread over the monthly, or return the car (is that even any option? I would need a new contract either way right).

I was orginally looking to get a 2013 and got the 2014 cause it seem like a great deal for the new model and ex (apparently 2013 accord coupe ex are hard to find)

thanks

edited March 5

eastwest,

Very interesting question. I dont know if the lender can rework that original loan wihout paying off and doing over again.... Thats a question for who honda financed thru.

Make a point to the dealership this is there error and not your fault.. Either they have to rework the 500 into the loan some how or eat there mistake. You have no extra money right now to pay off that 500..

On the flip side..... if you lied and this so called East coast degree was not valid you will be liable if dealer takes you to court and you might end up paying not only your legal costs but dealers costs to ..

Post the outcome

• eastwest30eastwest30 Posts: 3

thanks @brian125. I acutally showed them the picture of the diploma (I happened to have it on my phone) and its the same one I had email them. I had initially planned on getting the car cash down, but they said going thru honda finance can get me better deal; I told them I graduated from grad school few year ago and the only have the diploma i have recently is this (I also texted the pic of diploma to the sales guy). What peeves me is I had to return the next day, because the typed out the wrong address on half the paper work even though we sat there for hours the first day; they had me redo all the paperwork. this is turning out to be a sour experience on what I thought was a decent deal. If I return the car will i lose the TTL fees? $22,200 is not as great of a deal as $21,700.

edited March 5

Trust me dealer got your sig on the dotted line you cant return car now... Get college transcript if that helps or what ever they need to prove your a college grad. I'm sure there is something from your old school they will except. Not Hip On that stuff.. good luck

• brad90956brad90956 Posts: 5
    edited March 5

I live in the Toledo, Ohio area. Went to the dealership today to test drive a 2014 Honda Accord Ex Coupe 4 cylinder, CVT with no extras. I really like the car but I need your help with the price I should pay. The dealer gave me a price of $24,017 which would be $25,999 OTD (including TTL). That price includes 500.00 flex cash if I finance the vehicle at 0.9% for 36 months. They also offered to pay my last lease payment (of the Nissan I am leasing right now) of $213.10 if I buy the car this week.

I've been talking with family members and friends and we all think this price is too high. I am going to negotiate his offer with a counter offer of $25,000 OTD plus they pay my last lease payment and I will buy the car this week.

My question is...what final price do you think i should settle on? I know they will not accept my counter offer so what is the right price to pay?

Thanks

edited March 5

Brad,

The right price to pay is your lowest negotiated price. There is no wrong or right answer here. Your negotiation depends on how good you could negotiate and what price dealers want to let vehicle go for. Coupe model; 2014 is a supple and demand vehicle. Dealers that have limited coupes wont sell as cheap as dealers with more in stock. Find a dealer with 15 coupes on his lot you will do better with price.

Did you know if you buy the 2013 coupe model there is a 2k incentive off price, plus you could probable negotiate another 1500 to 3k off that price..

800 to 1500 below invoice is your range weighing in all mentioned factor's for a 2014 model coupe... I would read thru this board and find the dealerships selling Accords in your area cheaper than most and try to make my deal with those dealerships 1st. If your financing vehicle flex cash of 500 adds to your deal. seek out those dealerships first.

Forget about complicating your deal with dealership paying old leasing payment . Work on your lowest possible deal to buy. Unless you are leasing but same should apply.

• I have an offer of $26.4K including destination on a 2013 Coupe V6 EXL w/Navi, no mention of flex cash BUT, I'm considering waiting until the end of March. I prefer the Touring sedan however can't justify the $3K up charge for LED headlights

• mk8201mk8201 Posts: 1

hi, citizenchi, I am living at Chicago area, I also looking for 2014 cr-v ex awd. which dealer you purchased the cr-v? this is the awesome deal I never seen it before.