Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• vision3e8vision3e8 Lutherville, MDPosts: 6
    edited May 22

Hello!

Took a few days but just read all 39 pages of this thread! Great stuff!

I have a question for Brian since he appears to be the resident guru. How would you approach buying a new car with a trade? I don't recall reading any specific tips about how having a trade changes the overall dynamic of the negotiation. I've read online that the trade shouldn't be discussed until after the deal, but in these situations where we are the ones essentially setting the new car otd price, wouldn't it be beneficial to try to maximize the trade in value before complicating it with the new car deal?

Would love to hear your ( or anyone else's) opinion on the matter! (Should I clean and fix it up?, has 1 small dent that I think can be PDr repaired for 50 bucks, 1 rim has some curb rash , and a 1 tailight needs to be replaced, otherwise very good condition 18k miles)

Again, excellent resource, and many thanks to Brian

(I plan on trading a 2009 BMW 335 for a 2014 accord sport (things change once you have three kids :smile: ))

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,782

OK. The best way to work this is to head over to the "Real World Trade In Values" thread here on edmunds. Provide @qbrozen with a detailed description of your car's color, options, condition, what state or region of the country you are in. He will help you determine an accurate value of your trade in. Then it appears you've read this forum, so get a price via email from a dealer and go in armed with your trade in and present an OUT THE DOOR offer that includes their Accord, your BMW, plus taxes, and DMV fees. Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,961
    edited May 23

vision3e8

here is a quick 101 version being you read thru treads. A buy and trade are 2 seperate transactions. You never do/ negotiate both until you narrowed down your 3 or 4 best deals closest to your house. once you have your targeted dealerships then you go into each dealership making your best deal on the trade. Your trade is a car dealers want. Expect to take a loss on the trade side with a very good new car price.

Clean up your car and fix what you can. this will help you get the most in return.

Check out galves/ Nada pricing most dealers use this book price. If you could get a kbb price you have done well.

Post back if you need help.....................Good luck

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• AmigoAmigo NJPosts: 7

@shermajd said: Hello Everyone,

I am currently negotiating for a 2014 Honda Accord EX. I've talked to 2 dealerships in the last two days and both have said that there is no Flex Cash available. One dealer said there was "no incentive from Honda", the other said that Flex Cash had expired on May 16. Anyone else running into this?

Yeah ...did contact a few dealers in NJ..and they all said Honda has stopped Flex Cash around May 13th.

• anddo20anddo20 Posts: 2

Hi, I am looking to purchase a Honda Accord EX-L. I am a member of PenFed and the guaranteed price for my area Silver Spring, MD (20904) from PenFed is $26,013. But if I search another zip code that is close to me but in another state, Chantilly, VA (20151), the price drops to $24,109. Would I be able to buy the car from VA and get plates for MD? Do I pay MD taxes and would it be worth my wild to travel an hour to get $2K knocked off? And is PenFed a good price point to use?

Also has anyone bought from the Silver Spring, MD area and have any experience/tips (pricing) they like to share. Thanks in advanced! I am new to this process, this will be my first car purchase as a person in the real world after college. It will be great to get some insight on this process from the Edmunds forum.

Again, thanks for your help!

edited May 23

anddo

Buy car in Va. you will save $$$$.. The Selling dealership will register your car with MD dmv. You pay M.d. sales tax for your vehicle

• butcherboybutcherboy Posts: 7
    edited May 23

How is this deal for California, $19.500 ( Includes destination charges ) + Tax & Tags for a 2014 Honda Accord LX

• ifad553ifad553 Posts: 6
    Can anyone share their best price before rebates in nor cal they are getting on

Exl sedan w/nav
    V6 sedan w/nav
    Accord sport sedan

Looking to get the dealer to "drop their pants" with me as a "mini" customer :)

Looking to take advantage of memorial day sales or just show up on 31st.

Thank you,

@ifad553 said: Can anyone share their best price before rebates in nor cal they are getting on
    Exl sedan w/nav V6 sedan w/nav Accord sport sedan
    Thank you,

Try this Instant Price Quote @ Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA The Quote is Instant. http://www.andersonhondanewcars.com/new-inventory/anderson-instant-price-quote

• mahi3mahi3 Posts: 10
    @butcherboy - which part of cal? I bought 2014 lx OTD for 21100$ including ttl in pleasanton. So it may come to 19100$ including destination charges without ttl..

@mahi3 said: butcherboy - which part of cal? I bought 2014 lx OTD for 21100$ including ttl in pleasanton. So it may come to 19100$ including destination charges without ttl..

Nor / Cal best price so far for me $19.488 Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA I don't see a Pleasanton Honda. Is it Dublin Honda ?

edited May 23

@mahi3 said: So it may come to 19100$ including destination charges without ttl..

How did you get the deal ( Internet sale ? ) Was it Dublin Honda ? Thank you....

edited May 23

@ifad553 said: Can anyone share their best price before rebates in nor cal they are getting on
    Exl sedan w/nav V6 sedan w/nav Accord sport sedan
    Thank you,

Remember every dealer has a different agenda with price. Supply and Demand/ how long vehicles are sitting on lots play a big part with pricing.

Figure out a low and high target price for your area then play hardball with dealerships.. Negotiate right til the end of the month if need be. There seems to be no more flex cash available so pit one dealer aganist the next making your best deal closest to your home.

June ends the 2 quarter for all car companies. If May dont pan out end of June will bear fruits price wise..

Your target price range should be 1000 below dealers invoice price on the low end and as high as 1900 in selected area's being tops if you could get it. I have been telling alot of the members here if you could get 1500 below invoice you have done very well for yourself.

@butcherboy - it is livermore honda and not dublin honda... Directly went to the dealership and negotiated with them... First I got quote from Anderson Hnoda @ palo alto (the same you have got now) through internet and based on that we negotiated with livermore...

@butcherboy - it is livermore honda and not dublin honda... Directly went to the dealership and negotiated with them... First I got quote from Anderson Hnoda @ palo alto (the same you have got now) through internet and based on that we negotiated with livermore...

mahi3, How long ago did you get your Accord ? Thank you for all the info

Hi butcherboy! 3-4 weeks ago!!! sales rep is Joseph hashmi!
  • purchased 2014 Honda Accord EX last week for 22488 plus TTL at Autonation, Fremont, negotiated for the same price at Anderson Honda too but they would not give me even a few hours to finish the deal...so went with autonation...

the car had 69 miles on it, should this be of any concern? also, it was dusty too. Please advise!

@phookmephooku said: purchased 2014 Honda Accord EX last week for 22488 plus TTL at Autonation, Fremont, negotiated for the same price at Anderson Honda too but they would not give me even a few hours to finish the deal...so went with autonation...

the car had 69 miles on it, should this be of any concern? also, it was dusty too. Please advise

No concern you have 3 yrs full warranty.. Plus 5 yr or 60k on Transmission. Dusty dirty vehicles from dealer, Remember they sit on lots for months . Every new vehicle I buy i do a full detail job. Wash, clay, and then wax.

enjoy your new Accord.

• lklaaslklaas Posts: 2

Can anyone share current price paid for 2014 Honda Accord EXL V6 w/Navigation in New Jersey? I see alot of EXL 4 cyl w/Nav on the forum (seems more poplular then the V6)..

Deciding between 4 cyl or V6. I tend to like the ride "quietness" of the V6. Mixed feelings if Navigation is worth the money.

I have received a few internet quotes.

Thanks.

• sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233

@lklaas said:

Deciding between 4 cyl or V6. I tend to like the ride "quietness" of the V6. Mixed feelings if Navigation is worth the money.

The 4cyl is considerably more popular than the V6. The volume dealer near me has 270 Accord sedans in stock and only 42 are V6. Part of that demand I'm sure is that the V6 only comes in the higher end models so you obviously wipe out a lot of potential customers. But even if you look at resale values, the V6 loses a higher % over time. The V6 is much more powerful and comes with a regular (non-cvt) six speed auto which many performance oriented drivers prefer. Personally, my only reason for buying this type of car is to have something relatively cheap to pile on the miles....so fuel economy trumps performance.

• thevwuthevwu Posts: 2
    edited May 24

Brian, what's going on? I emailed 27 dealers yesterday asking for information, and today I asked for quotes. The first three dealers that got back to me gave me quotes of 26.6k, 26.8k, and 27k for a Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe without navigation. I was planning to buy at 26.5k in the first place, but should I try to go lower? It seriously threw me for a loop, I was expecting quotes in the low 28k- high 27k ranges to start off with. I'm in the Boston area. The ones that replied to me don't even have flex cash to give. Is there some sort of insane memorial day weekend holiday sale?

The 26.6k would be + $369 doc fee, $125 for registration, + 6.25% sales tax (1662.5) for 28776.5 OTD.

The quotes are including destination charge, documentation fee has yet to be applied. I definitely want to go lower, and will be waiting for the other 10+ email quotes, but I want to know how low I should aim for. Also, should I still wait until the end of the month, or just buy this holiday weekend? The quotes given claim they expire the 26th, probably [non-permissible content removed] but would like some confirmation.

Also I'm interested in throwing in some accessories, mainly splash guards, decklid spoiler, all season floor mats, and window tinting. What would you recommend my course of action be for that?

edited May 24

thevwu said:

Brian, what's going on? I emailed 27 dealers yesterday asking for information, and today I asked for quotes.

.............................................................................................................................................

Info and price quotes do not mean your buying that moment . Dealers send out numbers to feel you out. What seperates you from every other email info request? .......... Nothing.

Change you email approach and I bet you will buy a Accord quicker.

Once you recieve all your info you need to call or visit dealers with a target price to buy? Make sure you include the destanation charge into that price so there is no confusion between you and dealership.

Try this.......... email / call every dealerships Internet dept. tell each dealership you will buy your model Accord for xxx price that moment holding the sale with a credit card deposit. You will buy a car this way. This way tells every dealership if i could meet his price I have a sale. He is ready to buy. Tell every dealership you will finance the vehicle thru them if it helps net you a better price or meet your asking price.

Boston area= 1000 to 1500 below dealers invoice price on average. Getting a lower price may require better negotation skills and some luck with supply and demand.

At some point you need to call and speak directly to the internet manager or his team to buy this car. Emails go only so far..

There are 7 days left in this Month... Play the game and negotiate hard you will do good

• anddo20anddo20 Posts: 2

I'm shopping around the dc area as well. So you were able to get $24,200, all fees included before taxes? What dealer did you end up at and what was your Out the Door price?

@llie19 said: just got back from the dealer. i know there had to be a surprise somewhere. i was charged an extra $200 proc fee on top of the sales price and before TTL. when i talked to the salesperson and the manager on the phone yesterday, i explicitly said $24000 is the full price that includes destination/freight and processing/documentation and all other fees, they said yes. today the salesperson said only destination is included and proc fee was not in the agreed price. he emphasized 15 times that this is a fee that every buyer has to pay, while i repeatedly responded that i am fully willing to pay this but you did not list it as a charge beside TTL. he kept saying everyone has to pay it, and i know i wouldn't be able to get to him. yesterday i tried to get them to send me an email of the OTD price breakdown, and they kept saying we have an oral agreement you can trust us. i should have known car sales people are not to be trusted by nature. had i walked out of the door right there he probably would have waived the $200, but i was too tired to get confrontational with him or take it to other dealers for a new round of bidding. so i ate up that cost.

i am also moving away from northern VA to FL in 2 weeks. i tried to have them do my FL tags and title, but the service charges was not worth it. i now have it registered and licensed at my VA address. i am worried that i will be sent the property tax bill (VA counties charge property tax on car ownership), how should i let them know that i am no longer in VA and should not pay property tax? does that mean i must get rid of my VA tags? thanks a lot.

• rock48rock48 Posts: 1

Brian, nice work on the advice, suggestions, etc. on this board. We live in the Long Beach, CA and are looking to purchase a 2014 Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl. w/Nav. We will finance the car to get the best price, then pay it off in less than 1 year. There are many Honda dealers in the greater Los Angeles area…with Norm Reeves Cerritos being one of the biggest. If you would be so kind, can you help with answers/suggestions on the following:

1) Do you have 3 dealer recommendations that you suggest I work with/try to negotiate the best price with? I will travel if you think it will net a much better price. 2) For this greater Los Angeles area, what is the best price I should be looking (price w/ everything included except Tax, Title & License) for an 2014 EXL w/Nav? 3) If I can’t get a deal done by the end of May, is it worth waiting until the end of June to get a better price from the dealer? Is the savings that much?

I plan to work the three dealers I target through their Internet Sales Manager…via calling them.

Any other suggestions you may have would be much appreciated. Thank you for helping all of us on the board!

If others wish to offer advice, that would be great too! Thank you!

• diva89diva89 Posts: 2
    edited May 25
    Brian125 - I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Honda accord exl v6 with navi. Currently located in the Rhode Island/ boston area. What's a good target price? Current dealer is listing car at MSRP 32,357.

Also, I did receive a quote for a '13 Honda accord exl I4 with navi (dealer demo) for 26,487 and out the door price of 28,613 without flex cash but including destination charge. Isn't this a bit high for a late model car?

What should be my target price if I want an i4 or an v6.. Please help.
    edited May 25

rock48

Here are my 3 C.A. Honda dealerships that i know members have done very well around the LA area. Norm Reeves, Galpin and Goudy honda near San Gabriel.

I had a email last month from a member thanking me with his purchase at Lancaster honda for 1750 below invoice price. This was a lx model and he did get flex cash of 500 to get him to his number. Lancaster might be worth a call.

Your savings from May to June might only be a few hundred. Shoot for a end of May sale. If May does not pan out then keep negotiating thru June with your targeted dealerships wrapping up your best price at months end. If you are a savvy buyer and know a certain dealership has 15 to 20 plus of your model on there lots would put you in command with getting that knock out price. Thats the dealerships you will make a great deal with. I find going to and checking out a few dealerships inventory before calling each one puts me at a advantage with price.

NEW BUYERS....... MOST Dealers have no more flex cash of 500.

What this means is.............. Every honda dealership has to go into his profit margin to meet those good prices we were seeing the last couple of months 1600/1700/1900 below invoice price. Alot of dealerships will not come close to this price right now. .... Honda corp is not giving there dealerships that extra cash right now.

So how you buy til flex cash resumes is important.

Get many dealerships involved in the price wars, have a high and low target price to buy. When you send out your emails/ calls you should be ready to buy that moment. Know your area's price range, hold out til the end of the month trying to get your target price. look for high volume stores in your area they tend to sell cheaper. When you negotiate with dealerships be firm and direct. dont play stupid tell each dealership meet my price i buy today. Walk away from dealerships that lie, or cant give you a straight answer.

Any dealership who does not know his prices to sell a vehicle to you or wont give a staright answer gets axed off your list. When you ask the dealers for a sale at xxx price its either yes or no. The only other answer is Mr Brian i cant meet your price of xxx but i can sell you said vehicle for x price. Think it over thats the best we at x honda could do.

• fuenfer1fuenfer1 Posts: 4

I have a quote from a Maryland dealer for an EX-L V6 (non-nav) for $26,435 with an OTD of $28,512 (Maryland tax/registration). They are saying, however, that if I take the 1.9% financing, the price will rise by $500 - I thought financing usually meant add'l dealer profit and therefore a lower price, so am wondering about this. Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962
    edited May 25

It's possible that there is an either/or .. $500 dealer cash or 1.9% financing.. If you got a quote based on paying cash, and then asked for a special finance rate, it could actually cost the dealership more..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962

I checked.. the $500 dealer finance cash is not compatible with the low APR financing..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs