Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,059

not sure............. email all of them.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

@accordatl said: Hi Brian,

I got my Accord LX here in Atlanta for OTD 21500. Here is the break up -

MSRP Internet Price $23.545.00 2014 Honda Accord Lx Sedan : $19.379.00 Dealer Fees: 598.00 Electronic Filing fee: 00.00 T.A.V.T.: $1.482.00 GAWRA/ Title / Tag: 41.00 TOTAL Drive out is: $21.500.00.

I checked with all the dealers and no one was ready for anything less than 21600 OTD, buy or leave...so I feel I got a good deal.

1642 below invoice is a good deal after doc fee's are considered........... Nice job

• abro74abro74 Posts: 16

Hi Brian! I've read your advice of negotiating 1200-1800 below invoice. I'm just curious (just in case I'm asked by dealership) how does the dealer make his/ her money since invoice is the price that the dealer pays for the car. I'm clueless. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L within a few months and I live in MD.
    Also want to ask if you get the hard drive without tHe navi? That's the main reason I would want the navi. Having said that, any advice on price for this? (Ie 2014 Accord EX-L). Thank you.

• genyoung7genyoung7 Posts: 1

Hi Brian,

Is this a good deal?

2014 accord lx -18,988, includes destination charge. -doc fees: $80 -TTL: $1791

Thanks for your help!!

• jzjzjzjz Posts: 1

Hi, Brian: Just want to thank you and all for the information in this forum. Just bought an Accord LX sedan CVT base configuration from Anderson Honda at Palo Alto, CA, for $18988+TTL. The document fee is only $80 so the OTD price is just below $21K (had to pay cash). Used your advise of waiting until the end of month, and used edmunds price promise and truecar.com to get several quotes from dealers in both LA and SF areas. The prices quoted were all above $19300+TTL. And then got an email with the above price yesterday and knowing from this forum that this is a good price, drove up there right away and made the purchase. Thanks.

• raulo1496raulo1496 Posts: 7
    Hey Brian I want to say thanks for all your help yesterday. I spent the night sending out emails like you recommended and I have been getting bombarded all day with offers. So far my best offer is with Lucas Honda here in Jacksonville. Let me know if this sounds like a good deal.

Accord ex-l w/o navigation:
    Sales price $24850.10 includes destination fee and appearance protection package mud guards,trunk tray, nitrogen etc.
    Dealer fees are $898 and he said this fee is all inclusive of everything. No other fees except tax, tag and title.

I could also get 1.9% financing from Honda.

Assuming their are no other hidden fees or surprises when I'm in the dealership do you think this is a good deal?

I am looking to buy within the next two months so I can wait if you think better deals are out there.

I could also contact the salesman I worked with over the weekend during my test drives and see if he can beat the price.

Thanks for your help!
  • abro74abro74 Posts: 16

Hi Brian! Just curious if you saw my previous comment/ question. Looking to buy 2014 Accord EX-L (or EX-L with navi). I live in MD (Baltimore area). Any suggestions? Also

@raulo1496 said: Hey Brian I want to say thanks for all your help yesterday. I spent the night sending out emails like you recommended and I have been getting bombarded all day with offers. So far my best offer is with Lucas Honda here in Jacksonville. Let me know if this sounds like a good deal.
    Accord ex-l w/o navigation: Sales price $24850.10 includes destination fee and appearance protection package mud guards,trunk tray, nitrogen etc. Dealer fees are $898 and he said this fee is all inclusive of everything. No other fees except tax, tag and title.
    I could also get 1.9% financing from Honda.

Assuming their are no other hidden fees or surprises when I'm in the dealership do you think this is a good deal?
    I am looking to buy within the next two months so I can wait if you think better deals are out there.
    I could also contact the salesman I worked with over the weekend during my test drives and see if he can beat the price.
    Thanks for your help!

Invoice on your model with dest charge = 24,287 what deal are you getting????? unless your numbers are wrong

@abro74 said: Hi Brian! Just curious if you saw my previous comment/ question. Looking to buy 2014 Accord EX-L (or EX-L with navi). I live in MD (Baltimore area). Any suggestions? Also

If you go back and read the last 3 or 4 pages you will be armed with all the buying info you need.

@genyoung7 said: Hi Brian,

Is this a good deal?

2014 accord lx -18,988, includes destination charge. -doc fees: $80 -TTL: $1791

Thanks for your help!!

Excellent deal................ if you could by the lx model it would be over 2500 below invoice price .. dealer may have left out the destanation charge of 790. but even if they did its still 1800 below invoice and a very good deal.. post your deal after you buy ..

edited June 30

@abro74 said: Hi Brian! I've read your advice of negotiating 1200-1800 below invoice. I'm just curious (just in case I'm asked by dealership) how does the dealer make his/ her money since invoice is the price that the dealer pays for the car. I'm clueless. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L within a few months and I live in MD.
    Also want to ask if you get the hard drive without tHe navi? That's the main reason I would want the navi. Having said that, any advice on price for this? (Ie 2014 Accord EX-L). Thank you.

dealer hold back on vehicle, doc/ admin fee's, added accessories at msrp price, special manufactorer to dealer incentives for sales........... Uneducated buyers who over pay....... This is how dealers make lots of money.

you get a hard drive

null
    Brian I'm confused. On edmunds the dealer invoice price on the Honda Accord EX-L is $27038. Am I using the wrong invoice amount?
    edited June 30

I posted this in the CRV prices paid forum . It applies to all of you buying today.

Stever is right on.. We have been in the 1000 to 1500 below range in Michigan..

But you never know.. Find those dealers still looking for end of the month sales numbers and that target price could be close to 1700 or 1900 below invoice price. It does not hurt to start your target price higher and work down off that number.... Thats what i would be doing today if I still have not struck a deal. you have alot of leverage today .. Feel the power.. It only happens the last week of the month and going into the last days last day...

One key factor is getting many dealerships involved and playing hardball with them today. . Thats how you will get your lowest possible deal. Folks in the Accord forum did very well last night and have Excellent offers on the table right now.. You could too.

One note: if you are negotiating with 10 dealerships and 1000 below is your best offers then close the deal you have done all you could this month to make your best deal. Dont worry that I got 1500 below etc. and you cant. . There could be many other factor's how i got that good price.

1.. I am a better negotiator than you.

2- dealer only had a few of your models on his lot. supply and demand then played a part.

3- you did not pit one dealer against the next

4- you did not send out proper emails to the internet mgrs.

5- you seem to desperate... dealers smell it

6- you did not get enough dealerships involved in the price wars..

7- you have no clue on price and what you should be shooting for

and the list goes on.. what you can count on is the target prices high and low are real numbers in this forum.. That is your guide to helping you make the best possible deal.

good luck today.

@raulo1496 said: null Brian I'm confused. On edmunds the dealer invoice price on the Honda Accord EX-L is $27038. Am I using the wrong invoice amount?

my bad............ the exl no nav model is 25,860 + 790 = 26650. that changes your deal.

1800 below invoice. did this price include the dealers doc/ admin fee.??

edited June 30
    The best price I got today is $24800.00 plus $699 dealer fee. So the total is $25499.00 which is only $1151.00 below invoice. So I guess I could do better if I wait.

Sorry I have been trying to quote you each time Brian, but it is not working. I am not the most internet savvy forum member.
    edited June 30

I cant help you negotiate that's on you . Use my tips and advice to your advantage. If you wait another month or 2 you will receive a lower price but your choice of model and color may be limited. If your in the target price of your area make the deal..

I would take your best quote or deal tell that dealer to split the cost of his very very high paperwork fee in half and you will buy vehicle right now. I think dealer will go for that without blinking.. You will then add 350 back onto your 1151 below invoice price.

• sid_81sid_81 Posts: 3

@brian125 said: NAAZIM , NICE DEAL

Man you dont play around................ good job........... enjoy your 2nd accord ...lol POST THE BUYING STATE AND NAME OF DEALER @naazim said: Thanks Brian! Im glad to hear I did good. Just curious, how much under invoice did I get, if any? Im located in Houston, Texas. For anyone interested in buying in the area, I bought from Gillman Honda on the Southwest Freeway.

I walked into the dealer today with the pricing you got and the sales person laughed at me (literally), saying it must be a typo. Had to leave the dealership. I was ready to buy at that price.

edited June 30

I don't recall what @naazim agreed selling price was.. There are some folks posting almost 2k off there Lx prices. In some area's its possible.

• arm9farm9f Posts: 4

Hi guys-great forum. After a lot of discussions, just closed on a purchase of a 2014 EX-L 4cyl (w/o NAV) in Northern VA. Base price (including destination) was $23,925, tags/processing fees were $557, and taxes were $977 for an OTD price of $25,459.

Surprised at the variation in dealer quotes via email. Used them for bargaining, but went in to a convenient dealer and negotiated in person. Good luck to all!

• cybaekcybaek Posts: 2

Brian,

I've been following this thread for some time now and learned so much from you. I am about to purchase a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L NO NAV. I am in the VA/MD area. I see that the invoice amount is $28,798. I plan on taking your advice and emailing all the dealers around asking for $26,798 ($2k off invoice including destination fee). My question is this which I don't think has been covered in this thread.

I want to purchase the following accessories - Side underbody spoiler - Front underbody spoiler - Rear underbody spoiler - Decklid spoiler

How do I go about including those accessories to my asking price? Any suggestions what price I should target with those specific accessories?

Thanks in advance!

• aejk1aejk1 Posts: 4

I finally bought my 2014 ex-l w/o nav for $24,500 which included doc prep and delivery fees. In Mass the doc prep is basically $300 and is non negotiable. Full disclosure, I additionally paid full retail of $500 to get the deck lid spoiler that is on the Sport installed on my ex-l. There was probably $200 to $300 dealer profit in the spoiler.

I pulled the trigger today because it became clear that the unusual color combo I wanted (black with ivory leather) was disappearing.

I bought from Herb Chambers and it was not easy. On the phone they said they would do the deal for 25,000 if I came down today. I did and in the 3 hours they tried 3 times to sneak in BS fees. They also tried to get me away from honda financing which I insisted on at 1.9%APR.

While I didn't do the deal with Honda of Boston, it was only because they didn't have my color combination. I've bought 3 other Hondas from them and would recommend them and Chad. He showed me his Sport with burgundy Katzkin leather seats and I think others might consider doing that because it was a great way to customize a lower price Sport with the spoiler I like so much, the dual exhaust and the 18" wheels. I wanted a moonroof, so I stayed with the ex-l.

Good luck everyone. Thanks to Brian for simplifying things.

edited July 1

@arm9f said: Hi guys-great forum. After a lot of discussions, just closed on a purchase of a 2014 EX-L 4cyl (w/o NAV) in Northern VA. Base price (including destination) was $23,925, tags/processing fees were $557, and taxes were $977 for an OTD price of $25,459.

Surprised at the variation in dealer quotes via email. Used them for bargaining, but went in to a convenient dealer and negotiated in person. Good luck to all!

This was a excellent deal..... Good job .. Post the name of dealer so the other members could try for a similar deal..

edited July 1

@cybaek said: Brian,

I've been following this thread for some time now and learned so much from you. I am about to purchase a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L NO NAV. I am in the VA/MD area. I see that the invoice amount is $28,798. I plan on taking your advice and emailing all the dealers around asking for $26,798 ($2k off invoice including destination fee). My question is this which I don't think has been covered in this thread.

I want to purchase the following accessories - Side underbody spoiler - Front underbody spoiler - Rear underbody spoiler - Decklid spoiler

How do I go about including those accessories to my asking price? Any suggestions what price I should target with those specific accessories?

Thanks in advance!

Very good question. Use my email sample on the prevous pages to all internet mgrs. In this email you will state along with said vehicle for xxx below invoice i would like these 4 items installed on my model. Then write i understand there will be a charge for your shop to insatll these accessories but need you to give me pricing as close to invoice as possible on them. I have contacted x, y, and z dealerships with the same email and will buy the car today if we could agree on price..

Use these web sites as a pricing guide. they are the closest prices to dealers invoice price as we know.

@collegehills honda.com

@cheaphonda parts.com

All your requested accessories are easy to install. Any auto store that does this kind of work would be 65% cheaper than what the dealer would charge to install underbody skirts and spoiler.

Call ahead of time to 4 or 5 shops near you and inquiry about pricing.. Them make dealer match this price or beat otherwise buy parts online and bring to outside shop..

• aejk1aejk1 Posts: 4

I want to pass on a few more observations from my recent purchase which I described above.

I think there are basically 3 types of deals when buying a car: a bad deal, a good deal and a great deal.

You are already likely going to get a good deal, because you are buying a Honda and you are on this message board.

To get a great deal requires work. If you honestly think that the effort, grief and aggravation of negotiating a deal will make you upset, then use a buying service. You will get a decent price and over the course of the ownership the few hundreds (thousand+?) extra it costs is worth maintaining your sanity.

If you are ready to try to negotiate the best deal I recommend that in addition to the advice that the wise Brian has bestowed that you do some of the additional following:

1.write down the invoice price in a notebook that you will use keep notes as the offers start to come in. 2. bring a fully charged smart phone to the dealership, so you can refer to internet, calculator, etc when necessary. 3. Always make sure the number includes the destination and doc fees, which should be disclosed from the outset. Accept that you will pay them, but adjust the price accordingly. 4. Do not get upset when they try to slip things in; they are NOT your friend--they are working to to get you to pay the most as hard as you are working to pay the least--be firm. 5. Be ready and willing to walk. 6. Be careful with the docs--take your time and review the numbers before you sign; fatigue is your enemy here. 7. Do not buy extended warranty. If Honda sells it, OK, but the private warranty companies are not going to be easy to deal with and their contracts are too tricky for average person. 8. Be careful with financing. Its their last opportunity to get a few bucks out of you. Research how they do it, so you can avoid it.

Good luck

@brian125 said: I would take your best quote or deal tell that dealer to split the cost of his very very high paperwork fee in half and you will buy vehicle right now. I think dealer will go for that without blinking.. You will then add 350 back onto your 1151 below invoice price.

Brian I want to say thanks again for all your help. I ended up pulling the trigger yesterday.

Accord EX-L w/o navigation for a sales price of $24537.73 from Coggin Honda of Jacksonville. This did not include their doc fees of $699.00. The accord had the full Honda protection package(wheel locks, nitrogen, cargo tray, mud guards etc.) and the MSRP was 30970.00 with this addition.

The best price I could get though email was the $24850.10 from Lucas Honda. The internet manager said he would not go any lower than that. I sent a text to my sales person at Honda of the Avenues to see if he would beat it. He said he would match it. I had been emailing with Hugo at Coggin Honda, but he would not get me a price through email. I told him thanks for his time, but I will wait on my purchase since I was not in a hurry. At 5:30 he emailed me saying they will beat any price I have proof of being offered from another dealer. So I said what the hell and went down there. The worst that can happen is that I walk out. We did not start off on a good foot as I showed up and they said Hugo went home for the day. I figured it was a bait and switch and considered just leaving, but I drove 30 minutes out of my way so I figured I would hear them out. I wanted $5500.00 for my trade, but did not tell them this. They initially offered to match my lowest deal and give me $5000.00 for my trade. I told them $24000.00 sale price and $5500.00 for trade. Through a couple back and forth's I got the $24537.73 sales price and $5567.00 for my trade so overall I was pretty happy.

However, at the last moment I received a text from the Honda of the Avenues salesman I had been dealing with at 7:30 asking me what price would get things done today. I probably could have bought from him for a few hundred less, but then I would have had to get the trade value I wanted from them to make it a good deal and who knows what would have happened once I got there. I didn't feel like jumping through anymore hoops for a couple hundred dollars and as far along as I was with Coggin I just stayed with what I had with them.

• sid_81sid_81 Posts: 3
    edited July 1

Hi Brian, Using your negotiation tips I was able to get this price for a 2014 EXL No/Nav

Sale Price = 24,159.00 Dest. Charge= 790.00 Whllocks,Trk tray,mud guard = 339.00 SUB TOTAL = 25,288.00
    Sales Tax - 6.25% 1,580.50 Inventory Tax - .25% 53.18
    Documentary Fee 125.00
    TTL 126.00
    OTD Price = 27,172.68 Do you think I can do better as the salesperson was offering to give tint for free at dealership if I was there in person. Regards This is in Houston TX

edited July 1

Glad I could help you all. Pay it forward someday to a uneducated buyer..

One note on @raulo1496 sale.. Do you see how your last day paned out with pricing. Some dealers are despereate in that 11 hour. These are the dealers I prey on for over 40 years. Almost all the members who can buy on the last 2 days, last day of any month or quarters end will do alot better with pricing.. All that back and forth nonsense with salesman, there lies, twisting prices folks put themselfs thru the first 3weeks in any buying month is a waste of time. Dont put yourself thru that. Learn the tips and tricks and by doing your pre homework makes for a great deal.

I was in Ray Catena, Mb dealer in NJ on the 30th. I could see the sales mgr was desperate for this sale. Vehicle was sitting on his lot and dealer knew we would finance the car thru him. I said the magic word about buying vehicle from his rival in NJ and we had our car and price. Maybe on june 20th this dealer would of let me walk out . Play the game!!! ...... what I preach works.

aejk1

Excellent post. I post these things about pre homework over and over for the past 14 years in all these buying forums. That info you posted is what can make or break a good deal.

Enjoy your new ride..

• tm_014tm_014 Posts: 3

I'm meeting tomorrow to close on an offer. I've emailed back and forth and currently my best price came in exactly the same from two local dealers. Not sure that's a good think or bad thing.

This is for a 2014 Accord EX Auto and includes the 790 delivery charge.

The breakdown of the price OTD is:

MSRP: 26,470 Invoice: 24,287

Sale Price: 22,889 Doc Fee 250 Sales Tax 1851 Title: 33.5

Total 25,023

Is this a good deal?

I set an appointment to meet tomorrow evening.

However since I set the appt, the dealer I'm not going to lowered their price $250 and is including mud flaps. Should I let the dealer I'm meeting with tomorrow know I would like the price matched before the appt? or just hammer it out in person?

As much as I don't want to be baited and switched. I don't want to show up and spring a lower price on them only to waste my time and theirs if they cannot match. Since I have to negotiate my trade in still I have a feeling any deal I receive is going to come off the trade in. Not sure what the proper etiquette is on this.