Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• cybaekcybaek Posts: 2

Wanted to say thanks to everyone and especially Brian for all the help. Brian please let me know how good this deal is.

I went ahead and purchased my vehicle today. Think I got an amazing deal in my opinion and wanted to share my experience. I know the general rule is to wait til the end of the month but I just went ahead and gave it a try and wait til the end of the month if I didn't get the price I wanted. I purchased my 2014 Honda Accord Touring at Honda of Chantilly in Northern Virginia.

Here is my breakdown of price: Purchase Price (includes destination fee): $29,139.61 TTL: $1,261.39 Dealer Processing Fee: $499 Total Price Paid OTD: $30,900

I also got .9% APR financed through Honda.

I called Chantilly Honda and talked to the salesperson directly over the phone. We went back and forth a couple times. Finally agreed to the price above. Upon arriving to the dealer, there was a mix up with the salesperson and manager. Apparently, the salesperson never mentioned the .9% APR along with the discounted price to the manager.

So after I have signed the paperwork, the manager comes by and tells me he needs to add another $700 to the purchase price if I wanted to get .9% APR. I demanded that they agree to our original deal as it is not my fault there was this miscommunication, and we already verbally agreed on this price over the phone. After a little back and forth. the manager explained to me that he will honor the deal at the end. I think I got a little lucky with the mishap on their end. Overall experience was great at this dealership.

I originally emailed every dealer and got down to Henrick Woodbridge Honda and Chantilly Honda. Since I live in Chantilly, I decided to deal with them.

Hope this helps some people looking for this specific car.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,586
    edited July 9

cybaek

Chantilly Honda has been competing with Pohanka with pricing these past 3 months . Hendricks has step up there game also. Buyers in MD, and VA, are seeing some of the best pricing in the country on Accords Civics' and Pilots.. You worked a very good deal just looking at the numbers well into 1700 below dealers invoice range . Don't have a calculator near me.

I was just telling my son he wants to buy a 2014 Civic. Catch Amtrak take your wife go to Md or VA, Buy the car take a few days by the beach and drive your new car back. He would save close to 800 or more dollars. why waste your time In NY or NJ.? dealers over here are selling 1200 to 1300 below with a 299 or 75 doc fee. Out by you Civic's could be had for 2k below plus if you know what your doing.

Anyway good luck with your new accord you will love it..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• gueloxguelox Posts: 1

Hey brian I got a few dealerships involved got this price today. In Ohio dealership is just 3 miles from work so i think i am join to pull the plug and buy it.

2014 honda accord sport Sedan. Internet Sales Price 20996 Doc Fee 250 Trade In - Sub Total 21246 Tax 6.75% 1434.11 Title fee 15.00 Temp Tag 18.50

Total Price 22713.61

guelox

good price

• postmanlvpostmanlv Posts: 6

@snoopye24 said: Brian, thanks for all the great insight you've provided, and thanks to everyone else who has shared there experience too! I purchased my 2014 Sport yesterday from Mossy Honda in Lemon Grove, my Sales Rep was Bailey. My sale price was $21,500 that included the destination charge and a $500 military rebate, even though I was financed through Navy Federal Credit Union. $1,758 sales tax, $80 doc fee, $18 CVR, $248.75 standard fees. In addition I received free splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk mat. Total price before I purchased the Honda Care was $23,604.75.

While speaking with the finance person, I told him I was having second thoughts on my 2009 DTS trade-in with and that I thinking of pulling out, he then said what could be done to close the deal right now? I said add another $500 to my trade-in, match the Honda Care Plan and maintenance plan that I was quoted with Saccucci Honda, and lastly I want the vogues tyres and chrome rims swapped out from my 2009 DTS onto my 2006 DTS. He had a hard time betting quotas from Saccucci, but he came close enough, but he had to get another sales person concerning my request for rims and tires. So in walks a male sales person, Bailey is a lady, who ask the condition of the rims of my 06 DTS and I told him I hadn't checked them since I just purchased the car from Phoenix the day before. He agrees to swap them out, so after going home to get my 06 DTS he's like "the tires aren't all the same and 2 center caps are missing". "I'm like I guess you all will have to order the center caps and place new tires on the car. That's what happens when

• anuprpanuprp Posts: 3
    edited July 11
  • pmarcuspmarcus Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share where I am at with car pricing:

Looking for a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L 4cyl.

1) Vehicle cost including destination fee: $26,718.00, your sale price $25,300

2) TTL: $2,113.29 (Sales tax), $498.35(Plate Fees)

3) Doc fee: $399

4) $274.95 (Security Etch & Nitrogen Tire Package) (this is optional and I wouldn't get it)

5) No other incentives on cash deal from Honda.

Went in to talk to them and they said they couldn't budge any lower than this. That said I have been getting quotes in Phoenix and Tucson for only 2 days.

I told them I was ready to buy but not in a hurry but I was firm in getting to $24,500 before doc fees. I said to give me a call if they changed their minds and that I would expand the search to neighboring states and use it as an excuse to visit some friends if I found the deal I wanted. Think they will call back? :)

This is at Chapman Honda in Tucson BTW. They are super nice, low pressure, and very professional.

edited July 11

pmarcus

Hey nice picture.... You might be the first Edmunds member to put up a picture of self.

ha, I didn't do it! It pulled it from google or gravatar or something!!! I'm REALLY not that vain I promise!

• liquidq23liquidq23 Posts: 7

2014 Accord Ex-L with Navi invoice: 28544 selling price: 26695 (quotted about a month ago) otd: 29175 (buying in ca. 8% sales tax)

Do you think I should take this offer or is there a room for more nego? Thanks!

Invoice w/ dest charge on your model is 28,269. Where did you get that invoice price from/?

I would negotiate thru this month making your best deal at months end. There is more room to save. Get more dealerships involved in the price wars. Pit one dealer against the next.

Otherwise take last months offer and don't look back.

• liquidq23liquidq23 Posts: 7

@brian125 said: Invoice w/ dest charge on your model is 28,269. Where did you get that invoice price from/?

I would negotiate thru this month making your best deal at months end. There is more room to save. Get more dealerships involved in the price wars. Pit one dealer against the next.

Otherwise take last months offer and don't look back.

Brian,

I got the invoice from this site (edmunds). Currently, I have two dealerships involved. I emailed another dealership with the above selling price and they are completely ignoring me. No response from them after two email inquries to the internet sales manager.

Email as many dealerships as your willing to travel to. this will help you get the best possible deal. As we get later into this month dealers will be willing to negotiate more . dealers that don't respond via email are behind the times lose there number. There not worth your time.

Your invoice price is wrong go back and check Edmunds or go to @nada.com its a lot easier to find pricing and option packages.

• llie19llie19 Posts: 12

sorry for the late reply. the dealer is Honda of Bowie. OTD price was 25301, that includes VA tag and registration.

the after-sale service leaves more to be desired as i said in previous posts. it also took them a long time to mail my plates and registration card to me. i had to call them many times for that. every time they would say sir don't worry it's being fedexed to you right away, then follow that with the question: what's your new address again sir?

@anddo20 said: I'm shopping around the dc area as well. So you were able to get $24,200, all fees included before taxes? What dealer did you end up at and what was your Out the Door price?

• anuprpanuprp Posts: 3

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for your help. I emailed a bunch of dealers like you suggested and the best price and most straightforward dealer here in NJ for me was Autosport Honda in Bridgewater, NJ. I bought the 2014 EX-L V6 Sedan (no nav) for $26,365 + $349 dealer doc + taxes and dmv = $28,950. They also got me to buy the 5 year maintainance plan for an additional $349. Am I a sucker for buying that?

Also, my uncle is looking to buy the Accord Hybrid in California but says they don't negotiate on the hybrid there. Is that true or should he also target 1-2k below invoice?

Thanks very much!

edited July 13

Not sure what a maintenance plan is. You are covered 3yr or 36k on the vehicle.

Hybrid accords are not being discounted like the Non Hybrids. if your uncle is buying one tell him to find the high volume dealers in CA, where these dealers may have 20 or more on there lots. That's where he will make the best deal on one.

I love the dealership that quotes the wrong car and then simply says "bring us your quote and we'll beat it by $250". How about you meet my asking price or give me your best quote instead!

No one seems to want to go below $25,300 on the Accord Couple EX-L 4cyl. With the $1000 dealer cash that seems to be going now that seems to be only $400 under invoice plus they get the $400 doc fees.

I'll be patient I guess :) I didn't want to get quotes from California but maybe I need to.

last week of the month is when you should start your buying process. With a possible sale the last 2 days/ last day of July. Negotiating like this avoids a lot of the beginning and middle of the month nonsense dealers usually try to pull.

• mossburghmossburgh Posts: 21

Can dealers post date a lease contract. I have a lease with one dealer(Hyundai) ending 3rd week of August. Can I make a deal with a different dealer(Honda) at the end of July to begin the Lease 3rd week of August?

• 10acvol10acvol Posts: 1

brian,

I've been following your advice for a long time now on this forum. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and looking to buy an EX-L V6 without Navi. I've read your tips and I'm certainly appreciative if what you've offered. Any insights to the Charlotte market? Thanks in advance.

edited July 16

10acvol,

The NC. area is harder to negotiate pricing like you see in MA, MD, or VA, CA. Stick with getting a price of 1300 to 1500 below dealers invoice. That should be obtainable at months end. Get as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel. This will help you get the best price.

Remember to take all high doc fee charges into account when negotiating.

• andrewdruizandrewdruiz Posts: 4

Really great tips here. I'm in the market for a '14 Accord and I sent out a million e-mails to all the dealerships in my area (I'm in SoCal) - I asked for a '14 LX with 0 options for $21k OTD + .9% financing for 60 months with $6k cash down. I got a response from a dealership that will do $21,333 OTD with 1.9% financing for 60 months, as they can only finance at .9% for 36 months - is that true? The only thing I forgot to mention when I sent the e-mail out to the dealerships is that I actually want a decklid spoiler. I'm in no rush, and if what he says is true about the financing, I'm assuming it's something directly from Honda Finance, which no dealership has control over - can anyone confirm? If that's the case, I might hold out for $21k OTD + the decklid spoiler @ 1.9%. The extra 1% represents an extra $390 paid in interest, and the decklid spoiler is about $299, so that's a decent trade. Thoughts? Should I just hold out? I'm in zero rush whatsoever.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,451

@andrewdruiz said: Really great tips here. I'm in the market for a '14 Accord and I sent out a million e-mails to all the dealerships in my area (I'm in SoCal) - I asked for a '14 LX with 0 options for $21k OTD + .9% financing for 60 months with $6k cash down. I got a response from a dealership that will do $21,333 OTD with 1.9% financing for 60 months, as they can only finance at .9% for 36 months - is that true? The only thing I forgot to mention when I sent the e-mail out to the dealerships is that I actually want a decklid spoiler. I'm in no rush, and if what he says is true about the financing, I'm assuming it's something directly from Honda Finance, which no dealership has control over - can anyone confirm? If that's the case, I might hold out for $21k OTD + the decklid spoiler @ 1.9%. The extra 1% represents an extra $390 paid in interest, and the decklid spoiler is about $299, so that's a decent trade. Thoughts? Should I just hold out? I'm in zero rush whatsoever.

Honda is offering 0.9% up to 36 month and 1.9% for 37-60 months...

If you bring your own financing, there is a $1000 incentive available to the dealer, which could lower your price.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I bought the EX-L (without NAV) on 6/5 for $26,470.87 OTD. The break down: Vehicle $24,159, Tax $1,939.12, Electronic Registration $29, Lic&Reg $263.75. I went through USAA car buying program, basically it's the internet sales without me having to do the leg work. It was an easy no hassle process. I was happy with the results. The car had +$2k worth extra dealer installed equipment but I refused them. I asked them to remove it, but they sold the car as is. It had Karr alarm, LOJACK, wheel locks, clear door edge protector trim, fender protectors (ugly). The alarm system and LOJACK was not activated. The dealership had both good and bad reviews, but I had a good experience with them: Avery Green Honda in Vallejo, CA.

• wagon297wagon297 Posts: 2

I need some help guys, my car is down so i need a car asap, looking for 14 Honda Accord LX-CVT in MD, VA, NC and DC area, please let give me some tips, who have the best deal in those area? i saw (lo742) in post above bought his accord for $18330 in VA (before tax, fee) that's awsome deal, i hope he read this post and give me

@kyfdx said: If you bring your own financing, there is a $1000 incentive available to the dealer, which could lower your price.

Thanks for the tip - Do you mean a straight $1,000 reduction from my current offer, maybe come to $20,333 OTD with my own financing? I have PenFed, so I can get the car financed at 2.24% @ 60 months or 1.49 @ 36 months. I'd probably finance at 60 months, but it'd save me over $921 after computing interest if I was able to go down $1,000 from the OTD purchase price.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,451

The dealer gets $1000 from Honda, if they don't use the low-APR financing.. Will they give it up to you? I don't know... it's possible.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I just had another dealership offer me $21,000 OTD, $6,000 down, financed @ 0% for 60 months (they must be using a different financing company). No rear decklid spoiler, but I'm not going to get too greedy. I'm headed there on Sunday to complete the transaction. We'll see. I think it's an excellent deal, especially with the supposed 0% financing.

• jeffdtdjeffdtd Posts: 7

Great price considering 0% down. I'm usually swayed against 0% financing offers due to the prices many dealers try to get with it.