Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Acura
To discuss pricing deals for the 2015 MDX, please join the discussion in the 2015 Acura MDX Prices Paid & Buying Experience forum.

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions and 2016 Acura MDX Lease Questions forums.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Acura MDX and 2016 Acura MDX pages.

To see all forums discussions about the MDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura MDX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• dlin928dlin928 Member Posts: 12
    Looking for the best price for 2014 MDX AWD TECH in SoCAL area. Can anyone help? Thank you.
  • yahooguy77yahooguy77 Member Posts: 8

bburton222 and dlin928 - I am in Socal as well (LA). Let me know if you guys want to buy together to maximize the discount. I am in touch with a few dealers in the LA area.

• minivanmama1minivanmama1 Member Posts: 28

Bought a MDX AWD with Technology from Goodson Acura in Dallas for 45,750. I was pleased with the price.

• sam_bsam_b Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

@minivanmama1 said:
    Bought a MDX AWD with Technology from Goodson Acura in Dallas for 45,750. I was pleased with the price.

Hi @minivanmama1, does the price include add ons such as wheel locks, window tint, TTL etc? Can you please share details?

@yahooguy77 said:
    bburton222 and dlin928 - I am in Socal as well (LA). Let me know if you guys want to buy together to maximize the discount. I am in touch with a few dealers in the LA area.

@yahooguy77, are you looking for specific color combination? What are the quotes you are getting?

• bburton222bburton222 Member Posts: 3

dlin928 and @yahooguy77: Unfortunately, I was too far along in the process to change gears. I interacted with about 10 dealerships in the SOCAL area and would be happy to share my quotes, etc. I also had a trade-in. I will jot down the highlights of my buying experience in a separate post. Also, the vehicle that I was looking for, FWD with Advance/Entertainment is fairly rare. In the end, I got a price that I was happy with (Better than TrueCars or Edmunds TMV) at $3000 off of MSRP and a fair price for my trade-in, which is equally important.

• skrish08820skrish08820 Member Posts: 15

Here is what I got so far in NJ

TrueCar price $46224 +TTL MDX SH-AWD Tech
    Princeton Acura $45874 + TTL MDX SH-AWD Tech (e price)
    Open Road East Brunswick $41617 + TTL MDX SH-AWD (waiting for Tech quote)
    Springfield Acura is willing to match any price quoted locally

I shall post more once I get further info.

• minivanmama1minivanmama1 Member Posts: 28

sam_b
    It included tint and wheel locks. Did not include accessories. Total with TTL and 4K trade in allowance was 45627.

• slaydemonslaydemon Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013

NJ:
    went to bridgewater acura
    2014 MDX AWD + tech - $4600k + TTL

Was hoping for around 44k-45k. Anyone interested in making a group deal let me know, would like to purchase by the 31st. Anyone with any other NJ quotes (thanks skrish08820) please post! thanks!

• skrish08820skrish08820 Member Posts: 15

Talk to Frankie at Denville Acura. He gave me a quote of 45422 for AWD + Tech + TTL
    Princeton Acura gave me 45874 for the same

• mdx2015mdx2015 Member Posts: 1

I bought the base model MDX awd today in Boulder,Co including all but taxes, it was 43,900. Talked to four dealers and no one would go any lower. No trade in.

@bburton222 said:
    dlin928 and yahooguy77: Unfortunately, I was too far along in the process to change gears. I interacted with about 10 dealerships in the SOCAL area and would be happy to share my quotes, etc. I also had a trade-in. I will jot down the highlights of my buying experience in a separate post. Also, the vehicle that I was looking for, FWD with Advance/Entertainment is fairly rare. In the end, I got a price that I was happy with (Better than TrueCars or Edmunds TMV) at $3000 off of MSRP and a fair price for my trade-in, which is equally important.

@bburton222 - Congrats on your purchase. Can your please share which dealer you made your purchase? The best price I received from last two days for a AWD with Tech is $45,878. I am hoping to get closer to $45,000 before I commit to the purchase.

Can someone share their experience with closer to $45,000 in LA area.

Thanks.

• ppodellppodell Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

I think that I got a great deal on a 2014 MDX SHAWD w/ tech package. The list was $49,460 and I paid $45,174 plus tags & tax. They threw in my 1st navigation update too. Standard at the dealer is a loaner for all service appointments. I was lucky, the forest green is hard to come by in Maryland/Virginia. Paul S. was my salesman who was very knowledgeable. Rosenthal Acura, Germantown, Maryland. [Phone number removed]

• nuklehednuklehed Member Posts: 1

I'm looking for a 2014 MDX Adv\Ent in the MontCo area of PA. Possible to land one around $48K?

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    edited December 2013

Congrats on your great deal!

Just an FYI, we don't allow phone numbers or last names of salespeople to be posted. Take a look at our Rules of the Road for more clarification.

Also, be sure to post a review for the dealership! Go here to find the dealer's page.

• sfbayarea3sfbayarea3 Member Posts: 2

I have been shopping for a MDX 2014 AWD with Tech. Acura of Serramonte just give you the True price for 47999 due to low inventory (BS). The Acura dealer in Marin and in Burlingame will lower it to 47000 (including destination charges). I am sure you can do a lot better if you just want a base model since they have tons of those in their lot.

• sfbayarea3sfbayarea3 Member Posts: 2

Congrats... I got mine at 47k :( The inventory in SF bayarea is low and dealer doesn't want to lower their price.

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 Member Posts: 19

Picked up 2014 MDX AWD BASE for $40725 (with destination and $1000 in accessories included in the price + ttl) in Northwest Chicago Acura dealer.

• porcodinciporcodinci Member Posts: 14

@sfbayarea3 said:
    I have been shopping for a MDX 2014 AWD with Tech. Acura of Serramonte just give you the True price for 47999 due to low inventory (BS). The Acura dealer in Marin and in Burlingame will lower it to 47000 (including destination charges). I am sure you can do a lot better if you just want a base model since they have tons of those in their lot.

You can talk to the dealer in Santa Rosa, they easily will do $46,500 (and possibly more).

• mvm9mvm9 Member Posts: 5

What do you think of AWD Base $39700 including destination and doc fee?

• txmdxtxmdx Member Posts: 1
    Got mdx advance fwd I'm mcdavid in DFW for 52710 + ttl and doc. Is it a good deal.
  • bluesky77bluesky77 Member Posts: 2

Those of you who have already purchased MDX and if you financed through the dealer, are you able to get the advertised 0.9% rate? I purchased AWD + TECH and the dealer said the special rates are only applicable to the base models although I was well qualified to get that rate.

@mvm9 said:
    What do you think of AWD Base $39700 including destination and doc fee?

That sounds like a great deal. Which dealer and city are you getting this quote from?

edited December 2013

@dlin928 said:
    yahooguy77, are you looking for specific color combination? What are the quotes you are getting?

I am looking for Black on black or Black with Parchment leather. The best I have received so far on the base is $41,511 + ttl and fees. For AWD with Tech the best I have received is $46,000 + ttl and fees.

@yahooguy77 Rosenthal acura in Gaithersburg md.
  • chem04chem04 Member Posts: 8

mvm9 - Can you please post your OTD price at Rosenthal including any accessories? Also, it will be great if you can post the salesperson's (first) name. I am looking to buy this week.

@chem04 My OTD price for AWD Base is 42400 for MD taxes. No accessories (thought of all, but couldn't find anything useful!). Was interested in getting front censors but they are not available. may be running board but could live without.Sales person is Alan.

@mvm9 said:
    yahooguy77 Rosenthal acura in Gaithersburg md.

I checked their website and they have a HUGE inventory of SH-AWD compared to what I have seen in the LA area. Congratulations on your new car !

• beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305

@bluesky77 said:
    Those of you who have already purchased MDX and if you financed through the dealer, are you able to get the advertised 0.9% rate? I purchased AWD + TECH and the dealer said the special rates are only applicable to the base models although I was well qualified to get that rate.

0.9% is a special rate available only on base FWD/base AWD models, through AFS. There is extra inventory of that model, and very little inventory of other trim levels--no need for 0.9% on those models.

• beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    edited January 2014

@nuklehed said:
    I'm looking for a 2014 MDX Adv\Ent in the MontCo area of PA. Possible to land one around $48K?

FWD or AWD? You could purchase a 2013 MDX Advance for this or a bit better, but not a 2014 in any regard...you are off by several thousands. Remember, the 2014 Advance FWD has an MSRP of $55400 and the Advance AWD has an MSRP of $57400, and it is by far the hardest to get combination of an MDX, next to the Tech/Entertainment right now.

• achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65

I am getting a quote of 53999 + 895 freight on an AWD Advanced. Still trying to haggle. That totals about $2500 off msrp. I am trying to get them down another 1k.

I am trading in an 11 mdx tech and ent with chrome roof rails and running boards w 57k miles.

They are giving me $25,500 for it.

What do you guys think of this deal?

This is in Northern VA

• ssmdxssmdx Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

i am looking for an MDX '14 FWD with Tech in SoCal area. So far the best I have got is $45043 but i also got a certificate from another TC dealer that may offer $44273(TBC). How do these deals sound?
    Also any comments on prices paid for the following accessories - backup sensors, body side molding, spare tire kit (FWD does not get it by default) and door edge film

@yahooguy77 said:
    I am looking for Black on black or Black with Parchment leather. The best I have received so far on the base is $41,511 + ttl and fees. For AWD with Tech the best I have received is $46,000 + ttl and fees.
    @yahooguy77 said:

• macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25

Just bough a 2014 MDX FWD with tech pgk in LA. Price was 43.6, OTD 48 for LA. Very pleasant experience after multiple querries on line through TrueCar. Ask for Adam or Chuck @ Metro Acura in MontClair

• rsv2014rsv2014 Member Posts: 2

Looking for a 2014 MDX FWD Base model in the North Carolina area ,would appreciate any pricing details folks have on this or in general what folks have paid for this.thanks.

• esr25esr25 Member Posts: 4

Any body interested in group negotiation for MDX Base in Dallas area.
    Please post best price quote/paid and dealer name for MDX in dallas area.

• sangalsangal Member Posts: 1

I have personally gained a lot from this forum. So now I am going to contribute back by giving you all the pricing of my recent purchase:

2014 MDX AWD w/ Tech. $45,500 (including destination) + TTL in NW Chicago Suburbs

Apparently i did not do as well as i thought, because after i signed the paperwork i heard another customer who bought the same car as me for $45,000 (including destination) + TTL at this dealership.

FYI...both these deals were completed on 12/31/2013. Good Luck to all.

mvm9 - Thanks for your help. Got 2014 MDX Base AWD for $42,600 OTD including Protection Package 2 (All Season Mats, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks) and Third row all season mats. Could have done better but am happy with the deal. Also got good trade-in for my 2004 MDX.

• sam_bsam_b Member Posts: 5
    @esr25...I m interested in mdx in dfw area..i have sent u message.
  • ssmdxssmdx Member Posts: 2

Hi macgandalf, Congrats on the purchase, that indeed seems a good price. Did you consider financing for this? If yes, were you able to get a specific low Acura financial rate?

@macgandalf said:
    Just bough a 2014 MDX FWD with tech pgk in LA. Price was 43.6, OTD 48 for LA. Very pleasant experience after multiple querries on line through TrueCar. Ask for Adam or Chuck @ Metro Acura in MontClair

• gipsykinggipsyking Member Posts: 2

Has anyone bought a 2014 MDX FWD with tech package in Houston area recently? I am interested in getting one in the new couple of weeks if anyone is interested in group negotiation pls msg me

@chem04 said:
    mvm9 - Thanks for your help. Got 2014 MDX Base AWD for $42,600 OTD including Protection Package 2 (All Season Mats, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks) and Third row all season mats. Could have done better but am happy with the deal. Also got good trade-in for my 2004 MDX.

Did you get it at the same dealership that mvm9 got it from?

I got it from Pohanka Acura. Could have done better at Rosenthal based on mvm9's experience but was close enough to feel happy about the deal.
  • s2kroma1s2kroma1 Member Posts: 19

@chem04 said:

What state? What was the price before ttl?

• rsv2014rsv2014 Member Posts: 2

looking to buy a 2014 MDX FWD Base , anyone point me good price points , this will be in North Carolina but any quotes folks have from other states will be very helpful too.thanks very much.

• mark890mark890 Member Posts: 1

Getting quote in White PLains, NY - 2014 MDX FWD with Tech for $45000. is this a good deal??? though dealer informed that getting FWD is very hard for Northern areas... any comments will be helpful..

DFW dealers asking 46660 for AWD Base. Plz suggest any good dealership in TX.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

MDX vs lexus Any body test drive both vehicles yet.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

@s2kroma1 said:
    Picked up 2014 MDX AWD BASE for $40725 (with destination and $1000 in accessories included in the price + ttl) in Northwest Chicago Acura dealer.

Was it $40725 Plus TTL or $40725 Out of the Door?

@s2kroma1 said:

I bought from Pohanka Acura in Chantily, VA. It is $40385 with destination and accessories ($600 MSRP). Could have done about $200 better but didnt have the will to negotiate any further :)