Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,023
edited January 30 in Acura
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Acura MDX purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 MDX, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit 2014 Acura MDX Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Acura MDX page.

To see all forums discussions about the MDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura MDX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• Looking for the best price for 2014 MDX AWD TECH in SoCAL area. Can anyone help? Thank you.
  • bburton222 and dlin928 - I am in Socal as well (LA). Let me know if you guys want to buy together to maximize the discount. I am in touch with a few dealers in the LA area.

• Bought a MDX AWD with Technology from Goodson Acura in Dallas for 45,750. I was pleased with the price.

• sam_bsam_b Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

@minivanmama1 said: Bought a MDX AWD with Technology from Goodson Acura in Dallas for 45,750. I was pleased with the price.

Hi @minivanmama1, does the price include add ons such as wheel locks, window tint, TTL etc? Can you please share details?

• @yahooguy77 said: bburton222 and dlin928 - I am in Socal as well (LA). Let me know if you guys want to buy together to maximize the discount. I am in touch with a few dealers in the LA area.

@yahooguy77, are you looking for specific color combination? What are the quotes you are getting?

• dlin928 and @yahooguy77: Unfortunately, I was too far along in the process to change gears. I interacted with about 10 dealerships in the SOCAL area and would be happy to share my quotes, etc. I also had a trade-in. I will jot down the highlights of my buying experience in a separate post. Also, the vehicle that I was looking for, FWD with Advance/Entertainment is fairly rare. In the end, I got a price that I was happy with (Better than TrueCars or Edmunds TMV) at $3000 off of MSRP and a fair price for my trade-in, which is equally important.

• Here is what I got so far in NJ

TrueCar price $46224 +TTL MDX SH-AWD Tech Princeton Acura $45874 + TTL MDX SH-AWD Tech (e price) Open Road East Brunswick $41617 + TTL MDX SH-AWD (waiting for Tech quote) Springfield Acura is willing to match any price quoted locally

I shall post more once I get further info.

• sam_b It included tint and wheel locks. Did not include accessories. Total with TTL and 4K trade in allowance was 45627.

• slaydemonslaydemon Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

NJ: went to bridgewater acura 2014 MDX AWD + tech - $4600k + TTL

Was hoping for around 44k-45k. Anyone interested in making a group deal let me know, would like to purchase by the 31st. Anyone with any other NJ quotes (thanks skrish08820) please post! thanks!

• Talk to Frankie at Denville Acura. He gave me a quote of 45422 for AWD + Tech + TTL Princeton Acura gave me 45874 for the same

• I bought the base model MDX awd today in Boulder,Co including all but taxes, it was 43,900. Talked to four dealers and no one would go any lower. No trade in.

• @bburton222 said: dlin928 and yahooguy77: Unfortunately, I was too far along in the process to change gears. I interacted with about 10 dealerships in the SOCAL area and would be happy to share my quotes, etc. I also had a trade-in. I will jot down the highlights of my buying experience in a separate post. Also, the vehicle that I was looking for, FWD with Advance/Entertainment is fairly rare. In the end, I got a price that I was happy with (Better than TrueCars or Edmunds TMV) at $3000 off of MSRP and a fair price for my trade-in, which is equally important.

@bburton222 - Congrats on your purchase. Can your please share which dealer you made your purchase? The best price I received from last two days for a AWD with Tech is $45,878. I am hoping to get closer to $45,000 before I commit to the purchase.

Can someone share their experience with closer to $45,000 in LA area.

Thanks.

• ppodellppodell Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

I think that I got a great deal on a 2014 MDX SHAWD w/ tech package. The list was $49,460 and I paid $45,174 plus tags & tax. They threw in my 1st navigation update too. Standard at the dealer is a loaner for all service appointments. I was lucky, the forest green is hard to come by in Maryland/Virginia. Paul S. was my salesman who was very knowledgeable. Rosenthal Acura, Germantown, Maryland. [Phone number removed]

• I'm looking for a 2014 MDX Adv\Ent in the MontCo area of PA. Possible to land one around $48K?

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,023
    edited December 2013

Congrats on your great deal!

Just an FYI, we don't allow phone numbers or last names of salespeople to be posted. Take a look at our Rules of the Road for more clarification.

Also, be sure to post a review for the dealership! Go here to find the dealer's page.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I have been shopping for a MDX 2014 AWD with Tech. Acura of Serramonte just give you the True price for 47999 due to low inventory (BS). The Acura dealer in Marin and in Burlingame will lower it to 47000 (including destination charges). I am sure you can do a lot better if you just want a base model since they have tons of those in their lot.

• Congrats... I got mine at 47k :( The inventory in SF bayarea is low and dealer doesn't want to lower their price.

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 Chicago,ILPosts: 7

Picked up 2014 MDX AWD BASE for $40725 (with destination and $1000 in accessories included in the price + ttl) in Northwest Chicago Acura dealer.

• @sfbayarea3 said: I have been shopping for a MDX 2014 AWD with Tech. Acura of Serramonte just give you the True price for 47999 due to low inventory (BS). The Acura dealer in Marin and in Burlingame will lower it to 47000 (including destination charges). I am sure you can do a lot better if you just want a base model since they have tons of those in their lot.

You can talk to the dealer in Santa Rosa, they easily will do $46,500 (and possibly more).

• mvm9mvm9 Posts: 5

What do you think of AWD Base $39700 including destination and doc fee?

• txmdxtxmdx Posts: 1
    Got mdx advance fwd I'm mcdavid in DFW for 52710 + ttl and doc. Is it a good deal.
  • Those of you who have already purchased MDX and if you financed through the dealer, are you able to get the advertised 0.9% rate? I purchased AWD + TECH and the dealer said the special rates are only applicable to the base models although I was well qualified to get that rate.

• @mvm9 said: What do you think of AWD Base $39700 including destination and doc fee?

That sounds like a great deal. Which dealer and city are you getting this quote from?

• yahooguy77yahooguy77 Posts: 8
    edited December 2013

@dlin928 said: yahooguy77, are you looking for specific color combination? What are the quotes you are getting?

I am looking for Black on black or Black with Parchment leather. The best I have received so far on the base is $41,511 + ttl and fees. For AWD with Tech the best I have received is $46,000 + ttl and fees.

@yahooguy77 Rosenthal acura in Gaithersburg md.
  • mvm9 - Can you please post your OTD price at Rosenthal including any accessories? Also, it will be great if you can post the salesperson's (first) name. I am looking to buy this week.

@chem04 My OTD price for AWD Base is 42400 for MD taxes. No accessories (thought of all, but couldn't find anything useful!). Was interested in getting front censors but they are not available. may be running board but could live without.Sales person is Alan.

• @mvm9 said: yahooguy77 Rosenthal acura in Gaithersburg md.

I checked their website and they have a HUGE inventory of SH-AWD compared to what I have seen in the LA area. Congratulations on your new car !

• beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305

@bluesky77 said: Those of you who have already purchased MDX and if you financed through the dealer, are you able to get the advertised 0.9% rate? I purchased AWD + TECH and the dealer said the special rates are only applicable to the base models although I was well qualified to get that rate.

0.9% is a special rate available only on base FWD/base AWD models, through AFS. There is extra inventory of that model, and very little inventory of other trim levels--no need for 0.9% on those models.