Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

123457»

Comments

• shopping201400shopping201400 NJPosts: 11
    edited July 3
    Was that 31000 including destination of 830? If so, what dealer?

No there is no way around the destination charge. Out the door, main thing to watch out for is extra package some dealers throw in like etching, appearance package, etc. Taxes fees should be same everywhere. Only other different is document fee which I haven't seen over 400 anywhere.

You are right, robert, at this point, Odyssey is by far the most expensive minivan versus the other options in my search so that's why I am waiting. Worst comes worst I might go with a Sienna.
  • egib44egib44 Posts: 9

With the destination fee it would be $31,830. Is that terrible? I have received many higher prices. From what everyone has been writing, there are other cars in the class that seem to have better value right now.

Is a warranty built in to the OTD price?

That's about cheap as you can get it right now according to all the quotes I am getting.

Lowest Sienna Xle is around 30675 including destination. town and country 30th edition are going for 31200 on true car, that's with all that additional stuff on the Chrysler.

No warranty as I am using Geico mechanical coverage

Thanks. I appreciate your responses.

@egib44 said: Thanks. I appreciate your responses.

I'm hoping that big dive in sales (-23%) year to year, (-16%) month to month get Honda to offer some nice incentives come 7/8. They were doing well before the last rebate expires.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/honda-odyssey-sales-figures.html

I understand. I typically lease and know the value of waiting for the end of the month and the right deal, but I am a searching for a family member and they can't wait until Tuesday. Therefore, from all the quotes I have received, it looks like they will have to try and hone in on the $31, 830 including destination.

looks like that $31,800 might stick around for a few more weeks unless there is some hidden incentive that we don't know about.

I guess they are not interested in boosting their Odyssey at all.

Looks like the $31,830 is gone. Looking at $32,699 at this point. A friend's brother who is a manager at a Honda dealer told me that there aren't a lot of 2014s left and there is still demand so the price isn't going any lower.

That's what they want to say. They still have a few months until 2015 model and their sales is down so I doubt they will leave it at that. Though it's possible they may be sacrificing sales for margin.
    edited July 9
    Why you say 21.8 is gone? You mean the dealership change price on you? That sounds like a typical switch they do. Just aim for it or walk out.
    Last two times that I bought Honda, both time they tell me the price quoted was no longer valid but it ended up being 200 more expensive in the end. They just want to squeeze as much out of you as possible.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,158

@egib44, everyone pays destination.

The only way "around it" is to negotiate a lower price overall.

For my zip code, the average price paid for an EX-L is $33,702. Your offer, even including the $830 destination, is below invoice so you're doing good. Hard to say if the dealer will take less but you can always ask.

You may want to figure your own taxes, add a reasonable doc fee, and tell the dealer you'll buy "today" for your OTD price.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• nick00nick00 Chicago,ILPosts: 4

Bought a EX-L with Nav Chicago burbs for 33300 before taxes. Also bought the honda care for 8/80 at 750

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,931

Congrats!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• iubookstoreiubookstore Posts: 2

Hi Nick,

which dealer is that? I am looking for EX-L also in chicagoland.

@nick00 said: Bought a EX-L with Nav Chicago burbs for 33300 before taxes. Also bought the honda care for 8/80 at 750

• paulbospaulbos Posts: 1

Also looking for an EX-L with Nav, was quoted $35,300 in Mass

• nick00nick00 Chicago,ILPosts: 4

@iubookstore said: Hi Nick,

which dealer is that? I am looking for EX-L also in chicagoland.

Muller Honda. Let me know your email, I will send you the contact info

• iubookstoreiubookstore Posts: 2

sent you message with my email. thanks!

@nick00 said: Muller Honda. Let me know your email, I will send you the contact info

• gc1thechangc1thechan Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am looking for an EX-L with no options in So. Ca (Orange County / LA County) areas. I would like to know if anyone has any recent experience on this. I was quote an EX-L for 32.2k but it did not say if the destination was included or not. taxes and doc fees are extra. I am waiting to see the 2015 and hope 2014 model will have a bigger price drop.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

• juzdoitjuzdoit Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am looking to for an EX-L with RES. The cheapest quote I got was $32900 + Fees + TTL. I would like to know whether this is a good deal. I live in Boston area.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

• EX-L no NAV or RES. In Minneapolis. Quoted $35,959 plus TTL. That's with Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Towing, Fog Lights, and All-weather mats.

I have a friend who purchased the same MINUS the mats and cross bar back in April. They got $34,383 plus TTL.

Dealer claims there was a Honda holdback of $1500 back in April which allowed them to go to that price. I've tried to look this up to verify, but can't find past offers. My friends did research at the time and they don't recall there being any holdback of that amount.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks!********

Yes. There's a 1500 incentive back in April. If you can wait a bit, I am waiting until end of august closer to introduction of 2015 model hoping Honda wouldn't be as stingy with their incentives
  • @shopping201400 said: Yes. There's a 1500 incentive back in April. If you can wait a bit, I am waiting until end of august closer to introduction of 2015 model hoping Honda wouldn't be as stingy with their incentives

Good to know. That helps put the puzzle pieces together. The lowest I can find right now in the Twin CIties for an EX-L with my above accessories is $35,258 with an OTD $38,158.52. The other four dealers I was working with dropped out at that number. Can't really wait until August, so I'll probably close on this offer.

• mawestmawest Posts: 1

Got my TE 40,304 include Dest. OTD 43,350$ Boston MA

123457»