Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1567911

Comments

  • testpanjtestpanj Posts: 7

    In Philadelphia area, the best quote I have gotten so far for EXL is 32.7K + 6% tax + ~250-300 TTL and for EXL w RES is 34.2K + tax +TTL. I am in no hurry to buy. The offers are valid through labor day weekend (at least I am told). Any thoughts on waiting through August to get below 32K?

    I wonder though what would be considered a GOOD deal on odyssey EXLs?

  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Posts: 68
    edited August 10

    @testpanj said: In Philadelphia area, the best quote I have gotten so far for EXL is 32.7K + 6% tax + ~250-300 TTL and for EXL w RES is 34.2K + tax +TTL. I am in no hurry to buy. The offers are valid through labor day weekend (at least I am told). Any thoughts on waiting through August to get below 32K?

    I wonder though what would be considered a GOOD deal on odyssey EXLs?

    We've got 33075 from Doylestown. I believe we got the quote via trucar (via AAA) and that was without haggling at all. That includes destination charge. +tax/tags. doc fee we were told is fixed in PA at $133

    At this point, it seems that we want to aim below 32K (including destination).

  • testpanjtestpanj Posts: 7

    33075? is that for EXL w RES?

    @su_a_ve said: At this point, it seems that we want to aim below 32K (including destination).

  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10

    In the DC area, the best quote I have received for EX-L with no option is $33,561 OTD. I am going to wail till labor day at least to see if I can get it to $32K OTD.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,022

    @jamalzar said: In the DC area, the best quote I have received for EX-L with no option is $33,561 OTD. I am going to wail till labor day at least to see if I can get it to $32K OTD.

    One thing to keep in mind is that the availability of the 2014's will only go down with time. You might not find the trim or color you want in 3 weeks.

    Just food for thought.

    And, as inventory shrinks, dealers may not be as willing to provide "great" deals, only "good" deals.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10
    edited August 11

    I hear you on shrinking inventory, but don't you think Honda will have to offer new incentives on 2014's to make room for 2015's?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,022

    @jamalzar said:

    I hear you on shrinking inventory, but don't you think Honda will have to offer new incentives on 2014's to make room for 2015's?

    Not if there aren't many left on the dealer lots.

    I'm not saying a better deal is out there, I'm just saying that if you wait for the 'perfect' deal, you may not get it and the window will be closed.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Then it'll be an easy decision to buy the 15 comparatively. This whole inventory theory is just weird. Unless they don't want to sell they will make sure there is enough to meet demand whether it be 14 or 15. 15 is basically the same van so if they don't run a incentive on the 14, they will on a 15 which is highly unlikely. They need to if they don't want to be outsold by the Sienna by the end of the year. Remember, Sienna is only 250 short as of July. They already can't say that they are "The America's Best Selling Minivan" like last year due to Town and Country and Caravan, do they really want Toyota to use the "outselling the Odyssey" this year as a selling point for the Sienna.

    Unless you are aiming for a rare color like the blue that they are taking away, I say it is a good chance they have to run Something and Anything soon.
  • lagvoidlagvoid Posts: 5

    @shopping201400 said: Then it'll be an easy decision to buy the 15 comparatively. This whole inventory theory is just weird. Unless they don't want to sell they will make sure there is enough to meet demand whether it be 14 or 15. 15 is basically the same van so if they don't run a incentive on the 14, they will on a 15 which is highly unlikely. They need to if they don't want to be outsold by the Sienna by the end of the year. Remember, Sienna is only 250 short as of July. They already can't say that they are "The America's Best Selling Minivan" like last year due to Town and Country and Caravan, do they really want Toyota to use the "outselling the Odyssey" this year as a selling point for the Sienna.
    Unless you are aiming for a rare color like the blue that they are taking away, I say it is a good chance they have to run Something and Anything soon.

    I'm with you. Waiting on 32K OTD like others were able to get back in April/May with incentives. If not, I'll just hold off until the 15's flood the lot.

  • lagvoidlagvoid Posts: 5

    @jamalzar said: In the DC area, the best quote I have received for EX-L with no option is $33,561 OTD. I am going to wail till labor day at least to see if I can get it to $32K OTD.

    Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you that price? Thanks

  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10
    edited August 12

    @lagvoid said: Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you that price? Thanks

    Sheehy Honda Alexandria - This price is inclusive of their appearance package which includes splash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks

  • jamalzar, what's the price breakdown for that offer?

  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10

    @shopping201400 said: jamalzar, what's the price breakdown for that offer?

    Sales Price->$30,990 Destination->$830 Processing Fee->$589

    Plus tags and taxes

  • testpanjtestpanj Posts: 7

    it seems likely to negotiate 33.5K OTD (assuming 6% tax and 1% fees) given the base price is quoted at 32K. It seems unrealistic to get to 32K OTD in this market and August seems like a long shot based on the words spoken....reasonable representation of current state?

  • @jamalzar said: Plus tags and taxes

    Thanks. It's good to know some of these numbers so we know what's the breaking point in any negotiation. Seems like Virginia have some pretty good price in comparison to NJ.

  • I'm tempted to wait until Labor Day if Princeton doesn't work out. I'm going see what numbers they come back with on my trade. If it is far off what I'm offered at two Honda dealership and a Toyota dealership then it's September for me at least.

  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Posts: 68

    What a fiasco Princeton was... They low balled the trade in offer even after they had given an appraisal to the trade in a little over a month before. They claimed they 'could not find it'. This was almost $1500 off the original one and took them two hours doing the good old dance around. This was a family member and it was unfortunate I could not be there at the time.

    The sales manager I've dealt with in the past (he's been there for over 30 years) wasn't in that day and some new guy ended up taking over the sale. The sales manager was apparently new as well.

    My relative will now wait for the 2015. All I have to say is get EVERYTHING in writing before walking in the door. Cause it seems it's back to 1980's way of doing business.

  • odyjul2014odyjul2014 Posts: 10

    I am tempted to wait till labor day as well. In december 2013, looks like everyone paid $31.5K (invoice), there is no reason to pay $32.7K eight months later.

  • I have been getting quotes on EX-L base (no RES no NAV) all about $32600 On the fence now with the 2015 coming out. Has anyone actually seen the 2015? What differences between the 2014 and 2015 models? There is $1500 rebate but only with EXL lease (which will run me $390 mo / 36 mo 12k tax included)

  • su_a_ve, thanks, you saved me a trip. I was going to stop by and see if I can make a deal even though their trade in number over the phone is not close to what I was getting elsewhere. With that experience, I won't bother since data dots already put me around the edge of what I am targeting even if they actually were able to reach other dealers' number on my trade.

    I guess it really is going to be September or even October.
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 60

    Last June I got a quote for $7k off sticker for EX-L. I decided to postpone purchase for a year as my 04 odyssey still runs great (just had 2 trips to Yellow stone and Utah for 5k miles). This year I can hardly see any deal close to that. Guess I will keep my 05 EX-L for another year. I will jump in if price is good enough (6500 off for EX-L).

  • testpanjtestpanj Posts: 7

    I don't want to wait till september, I might bite one the available ones. will post details

  • dprorokdprorok Posts: 1
    edited August 16

    I haven't seen anyone post details on the 2015's yet, so I thought I'd share that I negotiated a 2015 Touring Elite in the DFW area for $41,500 + TTL on Thursday.

  • 2015 Odyssey EX, no options, price 29900, OTD 32600, DEALER offered the same price for 14 and 15 models,suggested me go with 15. What do you think about the price, car is still in transit truck, will get in the dealer's lot in a few days, any options I can ask dealer to add on the car? any suggestion appreciated

  • Anyone have info on 2014 touring elite quotes in northern california? Which dealer has best quote?

    Thanks

  • vinhkhangvinhkhang Posts: 1

    Same here, in Southern California the lowest quote I got is $34k for EXL with RES 2014 and OTD price is approximate over $37k. The reason I was told by dealers is shortage of that model nationwide! With that price, I will wait for new 2015 coming out. When the 2015 models flood out the floor, the dealers will make them moving out quick by discount/incentives program.

  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10

    Finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the EXL with no option from Pohanka Honda in MD. Here is the breakdown:

    Sale price: $29,848.32 Pohanka Value Package: $895 (Nitrogen in tires, wheel locks, and trunk tray, definitely not worth $895) Destination: $830 Plus Tax, Tags, and dealer processing fee: $1,76.78

    Total OTD: $33,250

    I probably could have done better if I waited till labor day but got tired of shopping around and plus was getting the Smokey Topaz color with only 2 miles on it. Hope this helps others who are shopping around.

  • Jamalzar, great deal!!!
  • Jamalzar - even with that dubious option package, not bad. How much was dealer processing you mentioned?

    In Indiana I got quote thru Costco 32.7 for 2014 EXL and 34.2 EXL with RES.

    Based on your numbers, it seems like dealer still has a lot of margin to give.
    I'll likely wait a couple weeks to see If incentives appear or if the end of month push sharpens pencils.
  • jamalzarjamalzar NOVAPosts: 10

    @hoosier316 said: Jamalzar - even with that dubious option package, not bad. How much was dealer processing you mentioned?

    dealer processing fee was $300

Sign In or Register to comment.