Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Civic Lease Questions

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
edited January 28 in Honda
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Honda Civic leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Civic, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Honda Civic page.

To see all forums discussions about the Honda Civic, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Honda Civic discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    2014 Civic EX Sedan (non- NAV) 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    61% residual EX-L residual is 59%

I'm sorry, but I don't have the money factor for the 2014 Civic...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018

Honda is running some cheap lease deals on left-over 2013 Civics - the EX and LX sedans and the LX coupe. My son, of course, wants an EX coupe. Anyone know the residual and MF on a 36/36 lease of a 2013 EX coupe?

Thanks

@dwynne said: Honda is running some cheap lease deals on left-over 2013 Civics - the EX and LX sedans and the LX coupe. My son, of course, wants an EX coupe. Anyone know the residual and MF on a 36/36 lease of a 2013 EX coupe?

Thanks

.00011 MF and 51% residual. $1000 lease cash

• I'm looking for a lease on a 2014 civic ex 36 mos 12k. Does anybody have march numbers? I received a quote but no sales price, residual, money factor. In central NJ. Monthly pymt 233- Due at signing: 349- Doc fee 299- DMV 233- First Month

Doc fee seems high to me. I leased a Subaru a few months ago doc fee was 190-. I don't think there's a doc fee limit in NJ.

Thanks.

@robhangdog823 said: I'm looking for a lease on a 2014 civic ex 36 mos 12k. Does anybody have march numbers? I received a quote but no sales price, residual, money factor. In central NJ. Monthly pymt 233- Due at signing: 349- Doc fee 299- DMV 233- First Month

Doc fee seems high to me. I leased a Subaru a few months ago doc fee was 190-. I don't think there's a doc fee limit in NJ.

Thanks.

.00030 MF and 61% residual.

• edhaneredhaner Posts: 2

Can someone poke holes in this deal? Was quoted 36mo/10K lease for $139/mo. This is with 0 down but paying all the taxes, dmv, and acq fees up front which is just over $1.6K. I was not given any cap cost or MF but does it even matter what they are if they are already telling me what the monthly pmt is? Can't find anything comparable online at other dealers...

Which model?

• audieddyaudieddy Posts: 28
    edited March 20

Around here (MA), for a 2014 Civic LX the lowest mileage dealers say they can do is 12k. I tried for 10k, and no one would do it.

Best deal I have seen is $149 a month plus tax for 3yr/36k with out of pocket of $1300(acq fee, tax , title,reg, doc fee and first month payment including tax) . I got one dealer say they would to go to $138 + tax, but not sure that deal is "real". Unfortunately, looks like I need to hold off 1 more month before purchasing, as I don't need the car until end of April. Hoping this type of deal is still around.

• edhaneredhaner Posts: 2

Sorry, this was for the LX sedan. I actually just found another dealer doing less than $110 a month on LX sedan with 0 down + all fees up front. This is in NYC.

@edhaner said: Sorry, this was for the LX sedan. I actually just found another dealer doing less than $110 a month on LX sedan with 0 down + all fees up front. This is in NYC.

If they are quoting 10K/yr, then it's not a Honda Finance lease.. I'd be worried about a big "gotcha" there, somewhere..

• I received a quote from a Honda dealer in Mississippi for a 2014 Civic LX sedan, 36 mo, 12k miles, zero money down with the following terms: Initial Cap Cost: 18,200 LEV: 12,050.55 (61%) MF: .00020 Honda Acquisition Fee of 595 (they said it was non-negotiable) Termination fee of 350 Monthly payment of 209

Is this a good deal? Are there any points I should push back on?

• Is this a good deal for the Greater Los Angeles area? I'm looking to lease within the next few days.

Cap cost: $17,509 Drive off: $528.99 35 monthly payments of $189.04 including tax. 12,000 miles/yr Residual: $12,187

I forwarded this quote to another dealership and the rep said she keep the same number but make a it a "true no down." What's the difference between the two?

Do I need more information? Out of curiosity, will it be possible to negotiate down to $180/month including tax?

• I forgot to add that it's for the 2014 Civic LX.

That looks like a great deal.

As far as what the dealer means by a "true no down", you'd have to ask them. I would assume it means "$0 due at signing", but it could mean, "1st payment only due at signing"

• zo0m1zo0m1 Posts: 9

sounds like a great deal, socalcommuter. which dealer? is this a manufactured subsidized lease? i'm looking for the same car.

• zo0m1zo0m1 Posts: 9

@socalcommuter said: I forgot to add that it's for the 2014 Civic LX.

Can't seem to get that deal from any dealers near Pasadena... Anyone care to share which dealers in LA offer good prices?

• What kinds of fees do I have to pay when i lease a car? I went to a local Honda dealer in MA. The dealer broke down all the numbers for me. car's price 21,880 discount 2,200 price after discount 19,680 documentation fee 327.75 sticker fee 25 tax 22.05 Title&License 125 The total number is 20179.80

They offer $500 coupon toward down payment so after the coupon a 36 month lease with 0 down (actually $500 from dealer) 15,000 miles per year, the monthly payment is 243.

The dealer mentioned bank acquisition fee during talk but did not listed it on the final breakdown (just realized otherwise will ask them in showroom). I checked others posts about leasing a car. Never see those kinds of fees before. Does anyone who leased a car before give me some hints?

Thanks so much!

I am new to the lease.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,309

@loveedmunds1 said: What kinds of fees do I have to pay when i lease a car? I went to a local Honda dealer in MA. The dealer broke down all the numbers for me. car's price 21,880 discount 2,200 price after discount 19,680 documentation fee 327.75 sticker fee 25 tax 22.05 Title&License 125 The total number is 20179.80

They offer $500 coupon toward down payment so after the coupon a 36 month lease with 0 down (actually $500 from dealer) 15,000 miles per year, the monthly payment is 243.

The dealer mentioned bank acquisition fee during talk but did not listed it on the final breakdown (just realized otherwise will ask them in showroom). I checked others posts about leasing a car. Never see those kinds of fees before. Does anyone who leased a car before give me some hints?

Thanks so much!

I am new to the lease.

Many of the fees vary by state - the ones you list are what I would expect to see in MA. Most leases have an acquisition fee associated with them - but they may also be rolled into the capitalized cost of the lease.

What trim level are you looking at? Is this a sedan, hybrid or coupe?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• thank you, Michael. it is a 2014 HONDA civic ex sedan

@loveedmunds1 said: thank you, Michael. it is a 2014 HONDA civic ex sedan

Using the MSRP and selling price you've provided, and the residual value of 59% and MF of .0003, I get a pre-tax payment of $211.89

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• carworldcarworld Posts: 5

Hello edmunds community!

Can you guys provide me with an explanation of what the money factor is? I want to Lease a Honda Civic 2014

This is the brief quote I was sent:

Your Internet Sale Price is *$17,761.00

Special Monthly Lease Payment *$159.00

As you can see, the sales person neglects to mention money factor or residual value.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The money factor is a substitute for an APR, and is used to calculate the finance charge portion of the lease.

Thanks for the fast response. What is do I have to look out for? Any tips?

I've read that the most important figure is the residual, however I'm concerned about fees (such as acquisition and disposal fees).

@carworld said: Thanks for the fast response. What is do I have to look out for? Any tips?

I've read that the most important figure is the residual, however I'm concerned about fees (such as acquisition and disposal fees).

To be frank, you could write a book about the process of leasing..
    But, reading these articles would be a good place to start:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Thanks again!

Here's a quote:
    HondaCivic Lx
    $177 x 35 w/ $0 down + Tax Title License

Money Factor:  .00030
    Residual Value: $12188

Is this a good deal?

@carworld said: Thanks again!
    Here's a quote: HondaCivic Lx $177 x 35 w/ $0 down + Tax Title License   Money Factor:  .00030 Residual Value: $12188
    Is this a good deal?

MSRP? Selling price?

The sale price I believe is around $17,761.00