Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• zo0m1zo0m1 Posts: 9

anyone have any numbers for a 24 month lease on a civic LX or EX?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962

@zo0m1 said: anyone have any numbers for a 24 month lease on a civic LX or EX?

.00030 MF and 66% for 24mo, 15K/yr on either model. 36mo. residual is 59%.
    $500 lease cash

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks! Does Honda do 12k leases? Do you know the residual on that for 24mo?

• mikesetmikeset Posts: 9

Looking for a honda civic lx lease in ny. honda.com showing me the lx for $0 first months payment, $210.00 per month for 35 months; $0 down payment, $0 security deposit. For well-qualified lessees.

MSRP $19,980.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Total monthly payments $7,350.00. Option to purchase at lease end $12,187.80.

Some people were saying they got much cheaper deals in NY. Could someone direct me to those deals?

10,000 miles a year is fine for me as well...

Thanks!

@zo0m1 said: Thanks! Does Honda do 12k leases? Do you know the residual on that for 24mo?

Add 2% to the residual to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr.

edited May 6

looking to get a lease asap cause my car was stolen and no comprehensive :(

should have excellent credit...

any help is much appreciated

found this deal, http://www.hillsidehonda.com/2014-honda-civic-specials.htm

is that any good?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,531

@mikeset said: looking to get a lease asap cause my car was stolen and no comprehensive :(

should have excellent credit...

any help is much appreciated

found this deal, http://www.hillsidehonda.com/2014-honda-civic-specials.htm

is that any good?

I'd have them provide the MSRP and selling price of the Civic, and a detailed break out of the up front costs.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

okay will do! thanks :)

So, I spoke to them over the phone and they were quite reluctant to give the information over the phone. This is what I have:

MSRP $19,980 Selling Price $18,131

Up front costs: Destination = $790 Bank = $595 DMV = $300-400 1st months payment, which is probably greater than $110/month due to being able to roll the doc and taxes into the monthly payments...

@mikeset said: So, I spoke to them over the phone and they were quite reluctant to give the information over the phone. This is what I have:

MSRP $19,980 Selling Price $18,131

Up front costs: Destination = $790 Bank = $595 DMV = $300-400 1st months payment, which is probably greater than $110/month due to being able to roll the doc and taxes into the monthly payments...

Yeah, I'm not seeing how they get to the $110/mo. Using your MSRP and selling price with the standard Honda Finance MF of .0003 and residual of 62%, I get a pre-tax payment of $168.69 for 36 months.

I'm wondering if this is a program through a different finance company. Ask them what residual and MF they are using to get to the $110 number.

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited May 9

I believe it is in-house financing.

Honda only offers financing for 12k/yr I thought.

Let's see if they will give me that information via phone/email.

Was not able to get that information from them yet, but I did call another place after I found their special:

http://www.huntingtonhondacars.com/Newspaper-Specials/

They said they are looking to move cars in the month of may and will beat the other dealers price.

So what I have from them (over the phone) is:

msrp 19,980 selling price 18,131

residual 12,387 MF 00300 (can that be right?)

bank $595, tax 273, dmv $60, first month 110 (since they are matching the other dealer)

ended up getting it for $128/month including taxes and everything

paid $1300 out of pocket for first month, bank, doc, etc

Congrats on the new car!

• billykokomobillykokomo Posts: 4

Hi -

I am considering a 36 month lease, 15K per year, on a 2014 Civic Si Sedan - MSRP is $23,780 including destination. What is the AHFC current money factor and residual value percentage? Does the Edmunds True Market Value include current incentives?

@billykokomo said: Hi -

I am considering a 36 month lease, 15K per year, on a 2014 Civic Si Sedan - MSRP is $23,780 including destination. What is the AHFC current money factor and residual value percentage? Does the Edmunds True Market Value include current incentives?

59% for an Si without Nav, 57% if Nav is included.

MF is .00030 and there is $800 lease cash available this month.

• gamer3gamer3 Posts: 2
    edited May 16

Help please.

Planning to lease a 2014 Honda Civic EX (not EX-L) 600 due at signing 235 monthly

Is it good in California ? Anyone who has leased please comment.

Honda Special in Cali is 169 a month with 2899 due at signing.

@gamer3 said: Help please.

Planning to lease a 2014 Honda Civic EX (not EX-L) 600 due at signing 235 monthly

Is it good in California ? Anyone who has leased please comment.

Honda Special in Cali is 169 a month with 2899 due at signing.

What is the lease term and miles per year? MSRP and selling price?

The California special is OK - the amount due at signing is pretty high, as that includes some cap cost reduction, which is something you don't want to do. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

• gamer3gamer3 Posts: 2

Thank you for your response. Its 36 mo/36 K, MSRP - 21880 and SP 19300

@Michaell said: The California special is OK - the amount due at signing is pretty high, as that includes some cap cost reduction, which is something you don't want to do. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

@gamer3 said: Thank you for your response. Its 36 mo/36 K, MSRP - 21880 and SP 19300

Civic EX 36mo/12K lease - 60% residual and .00030. $800 lease cash.

Using your MSRP and selling price with the above MF and residual, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $181.17 for 36 months.

• Hi. I'm in Southern CA. I'm considering a Civic EX-L and would like confirmation of MF and residuals for this model and any lease cash. Thank you.

@speedjunkie512 said: Hi. I'm in Southern CA. I'm considering a Civic EX-L and would like confirmation of MF and residuals for this model and any lease cash. Thank you.

.00030 MF and $800 lease cash. 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,783

@billykokomo

You might want to consider leasing a Civic Si for only 12K miles per year. Due to the Si's high resale value, you could probably buy it out at lease end and it will be worth more than its stated residual. I think the residual on a 12K lease is 61% which would lower your payment compared to a 15K per year lease.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• @kyfdx said: .00030 MF and $800 lease cash. 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Thanks kyfdx. Very much appreciated. For 12k/yr mileage, do we always increase residual by 2%? Regardless of model/trim level? thank you.

@speedjunkie512 said: Thanks kyfdx. Very much appreciated. For 12k/yr mileage, do we always increase residual by 2%? Regardless of model/trim level? thank you.

Yes.. that's accurate for Honda

• @kyfdx said: Yes.. that's accurate for Honda Hi kyfdx,

Are the residuals and MF different for the Civic EX-L WITH NAV for Southern CA than the Civic EX-L WITHOUT NAV? It's hard to find a EX-L WITHOUT NAV in my color choice, but I've found one WITH the NAV system. I'm wondering about 36 month, 12K miles/year residuals. Thanks.

NAV residual is 2% lower. That makes for a pretty hefty increase in payment, considering the higher cost of the NAV model.

• afigueroa24afigueroa24 Posts: 1

can someone help me out. i went to a dealer and was quoted 800 down, with 289 payments 316.55 with tax per month on a Civic 2014 EX. Car Price is 19,126.00. Can someone give me a break down of the numbers & whether this looks like a good deal. First time buyer in the Los Angeles are.

@afigueroa24 said: can someone help me out. i went to a dealer and was quoted 800 down, with 289 payments 316.55 with tax per month on a Civic 2014 EX. Car Price is 19,126.00. Can someone give me a break down of the numbers & whether this looks like a good deal. First time buyer in the Los Angeles are.

Is it a sedan or a coupe? How many months? What mileage allowance? MSRP? Do you have top tier credit? If you can break it down, then we can offer an opinion.

Without that information,that payment looks pretty high.