Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• psid25psid25 Posts: 3

^ I am in NY

• jjjrt2jjjrt2 Posts: 2
    Just closed on a 4matic with P1 (55,200 sticker). $620/month including tax, 12k miles, 30 month lease. $2500 due at signing. Great dealer in NYC area
  • ckvlmckvlm Posts: 3

Hi all,

Newbie here never leased a vehicle and not good at negotiating but really want this ml350 4matic. Location is central nj This is what we got Ml350, prem1 package, lane assist, running boards 707/month, 2600 down payment if we give multiple security deposit it is going to be 649 month all for 30 month lease 12000 miles/year

Another one is with all options $780/month and $2600 down 30 month lease 12000 miles per year. Is it a good deal how do we talk to make it less any input is appreciated. Any dealer suggestion is welcome

Thanks

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

@ckvlm said: Hi all,

Newbie here never leased a vehicle and not good at negotiating but really want this ml350 4matic. Location is central nj This is what we got Ml350, prem1 package, lane assist, running boards 707/month, 2600 down payment if we give multiple security deposit it is going to be 649 month all for 30 month lease 12000 miles/year

Another one is with all options $780/month and $2600 down 30 month lease 12000 miles per year. Is it a good deal how do we talk to make it less any input is appreciated. Any dealer suggestion is welcome

Thanks

In order for us to evaluate your quotes, you will need to provide us with both the MSRP and selling price of the vehicle from both dealerships. Then we can run the numbers and let you know where things stand.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hello all.

Can anyone help me by providing the April Residual and MF for an ML350 in Texas? Assume 36 months. Interested in 12k AND 15k miles per year numbers.

If there is a sweet spot OTHER THAN 36 months (e.g., 30 or 42) I would consider those.

Thanks much!!

@whichluxurycar said: Hello all.

Can anyone help me by providing the April Residual and MF for an ML350 in Texas? Assume 36 months. Interested in 12k AND 15k miles per year numbers.

If there is a sweet spot OTHER THAN 36 months (e.g., 30 or 42) I would consider those.

Thanks much!!

MF of .00116 for RWD, .00114 for 4Matic

Residuals - 52% for 36 months, 15K. Add 2% for 12K

Best residuals are probably at 27 months - 62% for 15K, 64% for 12K

30 month residuals are 59% and 62%

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

edited April 9

First Vehicle MSRP - $58,995 and selling price - $52,502

Second Vehicle MSRP - $63,250 and selling price - $56,478

Thank you

@ckvlm said: First Vehicle MSRP - $58,995 and selling price - $52,502

Second Vehicle MSRP - $63,250 and selling price - $56,478

Thank you

Thanks for this. Using the MF of .00114 for 4Matic and a residual value of 61% for 12K miles per year, I get a pre-tax payment of $651.38 for the first car (MSRP $58,995) and $704.89 for the second (MSRP $63,250). Both are with $0 down.

@Michaell@Edmunds said:

Thanks Michael. Now the difficult part is to get to those numbers with dealers here. How much percentage we should add for tax in nj

• david6677david6677 Posts: 2

@jjjrt2 said: Just closed on a 4matic with P1 (55,200 sticker). $620/month including tax, 12k miles, 30 month lease. $2500 due at signing. Great dealer in NYC area

• david6677david6677 Posts: 2

Where you got it?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

@ckvlm said: Thanks Michael. Now the difficult part is to get to those numbers with dealers here. How much percentage we should add for tax in nj

Tax in NJ is around 7%.. not sure if it's on the sum of payments, or just the depreciation, but it's paid to the state, upfront. Of course, you can always add that amount to your CAP cost and pay for it over the term of the lease.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thank you very much

@ckvlm said: Thanks Michael. Now the difficult part is to get to those numbers with dealers here. How much percentage we should add for tax in nj

I don't know the sales tax rates in NJ - here in Colorado, it varies based on where you live. State sales tax, county sales tax, city sales tax, regional sales tax. Ugh. I know I pay 7.5%.

• @Michaell@Edmunds said:

Michaell,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will also look at the 2014 ML350 BLUETEC. Can you give me the rates for that as well? Again, thanks!

@whichluxurycar said: Thanks for the info. Maybe I will also look at the 2014 ML350 BLUETEC. Can you give me the rates for that as well? Again, thanks!

Standard MF (.00195-.00225) and 59% (15K) and 61% (12K)

• sakipoursakipour Posts: 4

I have a quote for leasing a 2014 ML 350 4matic, Metallic paint, Premier 1 package. I am curious if this adds up to a good deal (I live in Westchester county NY):

$2500 due at signing (includes first payment, etc.) $697.35 per month for lease term of 30 months 12K miles

The $2500 due at inception includes a hefty bank fee of $995, a cap cost reduction of $462, DMV $216, first month payment of $697.35 (which don't exactly add up to $2500 but almost.) I am a little curious about the bank fee. What is it exactly? Is it a bogus fee?

Taxes of $1668 have been rolled up into the monthly payment.

Others: mf (for direct deposit) is 0.00104 MSRP: 55855 Residual: 61% Cost: $50909

Does this deal make sense? I would appreciate any feedback!

(I guess I should have started a new thread instead of commenting on someone else's. Sorry about that.)

@sakipour said: I have a quote for leasing a 2014 ML 350 4matic, Metallic paint, Premier 1 package. I am curious if this adds up to a good deal (I live in Westchester county NY):

$2500 due at signing (includes first payment, etc.) $697.35 per month for lease term of 30 months 12K miles

The $2500 due at inception includes a hefty bank fee of $995, a cap cost reduction of $462, DMV $216, first month payment of $697.35 (which don't exactly add up to $2500 but almost.) I am a little curious about the bank fee. What is it exactly? Is it a bogus fee?

Taxes of $1668 have been rolled up into the monthly payment.

Others: mf (for direct deposit) is 0.00104 MSRP: 55855 Residual: 61% Cost: $50909

Does this deal make sense? I would appreciate any feedback!

Actually, the deal does make sense... the calculations come within about $5/mo, so that is probably spot on.. The base bank fee is marked up from $795, but the money factor is the base, and the residual is correct.. I would guess that the rest of the $2500 is probably upfront tax on the acquisition fee and cap cost reduction..

Other than the extra $200 markup on the acq.fee, the only variable is the selling price.. If you are happy with that, then the rest of it looks good.

Wonderful! Thanks! I had forgotten to mention that they have waived maintenance fee for 2 years, 20K miles. So, overall, I feel good about the deal. What I am not happy about: I had asked for a 0 down deal; so I am not sure why they tacked on the cap cost reduction of $492. Is it worth arguing about? And the extra $200 of bank fee markup?

@sakipour said: Wonderful! Thanks! I had forgotten to mention that they have waived maintenance fee for 2 years, 20K miles. So, overall, I feel good about the deal. What I am not happy about: I had asked for a 0 down deal; so I am not sure why they tacked on the cap cost reduction of $492. Is it worth arguing about? And the extra $200 of bank fee markup?

Dealers like round numbers, and they like to get that payment down, so it looks cheaper.. That $492 dropped the payment under $700/mo.

It wouldn't bother me to have a $492 cap reduction, though I'm fond of just writing a check for something close to the 1st payment at lease signing.. But, the dealer will have no problem adjusting your due at signing to $2000, and rolling that extra amount into the payment... It makes absolutely no difference to him.. I'd ask for the $200 lower, as well.... but, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

Now I can't wait to pick my new Merc. Many thanks :)

• verbowverbow Posts: 6

Mods,

While I've seen the April MF/residual for the 2014 ML350 discussed, do you have it for the ML550? Assume a 27-33 month lease (MB seems to vary their sweet spot) with 10k miles/yr.

Much appreciated!

• whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Posts: 36
    edited April 17

@Michaell@Edmunds said:

I'm a pretty "advanced" user of lease services at this point in life, but I don't understand why there is a "range" on the standard rate quote. It varies by month? It is the difference between buy rate and some "standard" dealer mark up? Can you help me understand?

Thanks for all of your help!

@verbow said: Mods,

While I've seen the April MF/residual for the 2014 ML350 discussed, do you have it for the ML550? Assume a 27-33 month lease (MB seems to vary their sweet spot) with 10k miles/yr.

Much appreciated!

MF is "standard" - .00195 to .00225, residual is 60% for 27/10K and 53% for 36/10K.

@whichluxurycar said: I'm a pretty "advanced" user of lease services at this point in life, but I don't understand why there is a "range" on the standard rate quote. It varies by month? It is the difference between buy rate and some "standard" dealer mark up? Can you help me understand?

The promotional money factors often change monthly, depending on which cars they want to move the most.

The "standard" rate from MB is for those models that don't need help selling. I suspect that a range exists to give the dealer some 'wiggle room' when negotiating. These standard money factors can, and often are, marked up by the dealer for additional profit, so you'll want to negotiate to the lowest money factor you can to minimize your monthly payment.

• From time to time, MB (at least in Texas) have "tax incentives" to help close deals. As I understand it, there is some credit with the state that is built up with cars coming back into the lease program with remaining equity.

Any ideas whether I should expect to find tax credits available in Texas on the ML lease?

@whichluxurycar said: From time to time, MB (at least in Texas) have "tax incentives" to help close deals. As I understand it, there is some credit with the state that is built up with cars coming back into the lease program with remaining equity.

Any ideas whether I should expect to find tax credits available in Texas on the ML lease?

Texas is one of three states I'm aware of (along with Illinois and Maryland) that tax the entire selling price of a car on a lease, rather than just the amount of depreciation.

I'm not familiar enough with Texas law to comment on any incentives available that would help reduce the tax burden and your monthly payment.

• jjjrt2jjjrt2 Posts: 2
    @sakipour
    I received a quote from a dealer in Long Island city for the same exact car and terms for $641/month with maintenance and tax included ($2500 due at signing). . Ended up going with non metallic paint so payments were lower. Let me know if you want the guys name
  • bradley13bradley13 New York Posts: 5
    edited April 30
    2014 ML350 4matic= Lease term: 30 months, 10k miles per year, $630 per month, $2,000 up front (includes 1st month, taxes, fees), msrp:$ 58,275, residual value=$ 36,130

Is this a good deal?