Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Acura MDX Lease Questions

245

Comments

  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    I am always learning how to calculate a lease then forgetting how to do it...

    Can someone run through the numbers on the promotion acura is running? Base models with AWD for $479? 00 momth with $3500.00 down, 12k miles and a residual of 28k.

    Usually these promotions are based on a msrp sale price right?

    WHAT is the money factor now?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @andremike said: I am always learning how to calculate a lease then forgetting how to do it...
    Can someone run through the numbers on the promotion acura is running? Base models with AWD for $479? 00 momth with $3500.00 down, 12k miles and a residual of 28k.
    Usually these promotions are based on a msrp sale price right?

    WHAT is the money factor now?

    What lease term are you looking for? Residaul value of the Base MDX for 36 months, 12K miles is 60% and the MF is .00157.

    It's usually not a good idea to put money down on a lease; if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    36 months, not sure 12k or 15k. What are the residuals. For base, for awd base and tech package.

    If I go to 48 will my payment be cheaper?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @andremike said: 36 months, not sure 12k or 15k. What are the residuals. For base, for awd base and tech package.
    If I go to 48 will my payment be cheaper?

    AWD Base 36/15K - 59%

    AWD Tech 36/15K - 58%

    Add 2% for 12K

    Switching to a longer lease term doesn't necessarily guarantee lower payments. The residual for AWD Base 15k, for example drops from 59% to 49% for 48 months. So, more payments to spread out the depreciation, but a higher depreciation number to begin with.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    Thanks,
    Can you run down the details of acuras promotion? As asked in my original post.

    Trying to see if I can lease a base for 36mo 12k for about $400.00 month with nothing down..
  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    Is that miney factor for somoene withteir super tier credit? 3.76% seems high
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    The money factors quoted are all for tier 1 credit. It's possible Acura doesn't see a need to provide a super low money factor on the MDX if they think it's selling well enough without it.

    The national promotion probably factors in a reduction in the selling price from MSRP, but I don't know what that would be.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    If I did the math right... I was able to confirm that amount. Its based on a sale price of msrp.which no one should pay

    If I bought the car at 40500 12k 36 just paying 600 for aquisition fee the best payment I couldget is $510 per month.. at 3.7%
  • andremikeandremike Posts: 41
    What about leasing through a third party? CanI get betterrates?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @andremike said: What about leasing through a third party? CanI get betterrates?

    Third party leases are always a bit of a gamble. Rates could be better or worse, as could residuals. I don't have any of those numbers, however.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • vinvazvinvaz Posts: 5
    Considering a 36 mo 12k mile lease on a base plus tech AWD.

    What numbers am I looking at in Chicago area? Will consider putting a couple grand down.
    What MF and residual am I looking at? The dealer I went to quoted 550+. What should I negotiate to?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @vinvaz said: Considering a 36 mo 12k mile lease on a base plus tech AWD.
    What numbers am I looking at in Chicago area? Will consider putting a couple grand down. What MF and residual am I looking at? The dealer I went to quoted 550+. What should I negotiate to?

    .00157 MF and 60% residual.

    Your best bet for comparable pricing is to look back through this discussion and see what others are paying. Adjust for the higher taxes in Illinois, though.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • vinvazvinvaz Posts: 5
    edited April 20

    Sure - Thanks! I will be talking with the sales person tomorrow. I will have these on the back of my mind just as reference

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: Your best bet for comparable pricing is to look back through this discussion and see what others are paying. Adjust for the higher taxes in Illinois, though. .

  • jbc_1200jbc_1200 Posts: 3

    Residual for Base AWD MDX?

  • jbc_1200jbc_1200 Posts: 3

    Sorry -- with 12,000 miles?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @jbc_1200 said: Residual for Base AWD MDX? With 12,000 miles

    You didn't specify the lease term, so I will assume 36 months.

    61%, with a MF of .00157

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • jbc_1200jbc_1200 Posts: 3

    Got what I thought was a pretty good price on 36 mo. lease for AWD Base MDX at $42500 and then I get told there's a $600 acquisition fee - where's that come from? Should I have accounted for that in the price or my mistake for not calculating that into what I thought my lease payment would be?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @jbc_1200 said: Got what I thought was a pretty good price on 36 mo. lease for AWD Base MDX at $42500 and then I get told there's a $600 acquisition fee - where's that come from? Should I have accounted for that in the price or my mistake for not calculating that into what I thought my lease payment would be?

    The acquisition fee is pretty standard from every manufacturer for a lease. It can be paid up front or rolled into the net cap cost.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mdwmdmdwmd Posts: 3

    Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @mdwmd said: Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

    Check back with us in a few days .. we're waiting for the May numbers to be available to us.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @mdwmd said: Hi, looking to lease a 2014 MDX (either Tech or Advance/Entertainment) for 36 mos/15K miles. Could you please let me know the current residual for both models/MF. ZIP is 02445 if that has any impact. Thank you.

    .00139 MF and 56%/55% residua for Tech/Advance, respectively.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • mdwmdmdwmd Posts: 3

    Thanks very much

  • igongigong Posts: 2

    Hi! Looking for a 2014 MDX Advanced/Entertainment SH-AWD. 36 mo/15k miles. Zip is 95605. Could you please let me know the current residual and MF for top tier credit? I assume this may change for region? Thanks so much!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @igong said: Hi! Looking for a 2014 MDX Advanced/Entertainment SH-AWD. 36 mo/15k miles. Zip is 95605. Could you please let me know the current residual and MF for top tier credit? I assume this may change for region? Thanks so much!

    .00139 MF and 55% residual. Those numbers are nationwide.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • igongigong Posts: 2

    Understood thanks for your time!

  • dubyaemdeedubyaemdee Posts: 2

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: .00139 MF and 56%/55% residua for Tech/Advance, respectively.

    Is this for AWD? And is it +2% residual for 12k and +4% for 10k? I'm considering an AWD Tech on the "$0 down/first month free/36 month" promotion they're running right now, but leasing is new to me so I'm not exactly sure what numbers to use in a lease calculator.

    Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,519

    @dubyaemdee said: Is this for AWD? And is it +2% residual for 12k and +4% for 10k? I'm considering an AWD Tech on the "$0 down/first month free/36 month" promotion they're running right now, but leasing is new to me so I'm not exactly sure what numbers to use in a lease calculator.

    Residual for AWD Tech is 57% for 15K. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

    .00139 MF.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • dubyaemdeedubyaemdee Posts: 2

    Thanks for the quick response!

  • elitox87elitox87 Posts: 9

    hi can i get residuals and MF for MDX AWD BASE? this is for NYC - 12k/36 much thanks.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951

    @elitox87 said: hi can i get residuals and MF for MDX AWD BASE? this is for NYC - 12k/36 much thanks.

    .00139 MF and 60% residual

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Sign In or Register to comment.