Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Acura RDX Lease Questions

2

Comments

  • in_suspensein_suspense Posts: 1

    What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 RDX with tech (not AWD) for 36/15? What about the same but for a 2015? Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @in_suspense said: What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 RDX with tech (not AWD) for 36/15? What about the same but for a 2015? Thanks!

    54% for 2014 with .00121 MF and $750 lease cash

    2015 residual is 58%; no MF info as yet.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • jla76jla76 Posts: 8
    Was wondering if this is a good deal for a 2015 awd w tech 36m/12k, the dealer is going thru a local credit union in NY and I don't have specifics of MF/residual.
    $439/month
    Due at inception $2950 (nys tax, 1st month, origination fee, dmv)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    We don't have information for independent bank leasing. Not much info even from Acura on the 2015 model, other than the residual is 60% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

    While the deal looks reasonable, I'm wary of independent banks for leasing. At lease turn-in, they have no incentive to treat you right, as they aren't trying to sell you another car. Not sure why, but they always seem to be in NYS.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • nsp7nsp7 Posts: 3

    @jla76 said: Was wondering if this is a good deal for a 2015 awd w tech 36m/12k, the dealer is going thru a local credit union in NY and I don't have specifics of MF/residual. $439/month Due at inception $2950 (nys tax, 1st month, origination fee, dmv)

    What dealership are you working with?

  • av1011av1011 Posts: 12

    I am looking for MF and RV for 2014 and 2015 RDX for 12k miles/yr for 36 months?

  • jla76jla76 Posts: 8
    null
    Smithtown acura
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @av1011 said: I am looking for MF and RV for 2014 and 2015 RDX for 12k miles/yr for 36 months?

    RWD or AWD? Tech or no tech?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • nsp7nsp7 Posts: 3

    @Michaell said:

    Not the original poster, but looking for the June '15 RDX AWD Tech MF and RV for 12k miles/yr and 36 months. Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @nsp7 said: Not the original poster, but looking for the June '15 RDX AWD Tech MF and RV for 12k miles/yr and 36 months. Thanks

    60% and .00121. $750 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mikeb3304mikeb3304 Posts: 3

    @kyfdx said: We don't have information for independent bank leasing. Not much info even from Acura on the 2015 model, other than the residual is 60% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

    While the deal looks reasonable, I'm wary of independent banks for leasing. At lease turn-in, they have no incentive to treat you right, as they aren't trying to sell you another car. Not sure why, but they always seem to be in NYS.

    I appreciate hearing your thoughts on the following offer.

    2015 RDX AWD - negotiated price $36269 Lease is through a credit union - apparently there is a group in Long Island that has offered credit unions a low risk way of getting into leases. fusionautofinance.com/

    I asked the dealership point blank about issues arising at the time of the return and he said they actually have a pretty defined list of what is acceptable wear and tear - here's a link http://fusionautofinance.com/nosurprises.pdf

    Anyway down to the nitty gritty

    The terms they are offering seem to be pretty decent but I was looking for some confirmation -

    On a 39 month lease the numbers are as follows: MF = .0011 Residual = 63% for 10k/yr and 62% for 12k/yr Due at signing = $2730 includes first payment Monthly = $379

    Adding Tech drops the Residual to 60%

    I'm struggling a bit as I've never leased a car before - the alternate would be a purchase of a 2014 RDX AWD with Tech - I think I can get it for $37,000 and Acura is offering in house financing of .09% financing for up to 60 months right now.

    I tend to keep cars for a while (2001 Toyota Highlander and 2007 Audi A4 in driveway right now) and always lean towards purchasing but the lease terms are somewhat attractive.

    Again - looking for confirmation that the lease numbers are fair.

    Thanks

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    The numbers are definitely competitive with whatever program Acura Finance will have..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • mikeb3304mikeb3304 Posts: 3

    @kyfdx said: The numbers are definitely competitive with whatever program Acura Finance will have..

    Thanks for the confirmation. To close the loop I found a 2014 AWD without tech and negotiated a fair price for an outright purchase - $35,300 financed through Honda credit for .9%.

  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,273
    edited June 7

    Congrats! Every time I toy with the idea of leasing, I always come back to buying. But I tend to trash my cars a bit. I just sold my '97 and my '99 is up for sale, so at least my main ride is of this century now.

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • georgenjgeorgenj Posts: 8

    My dealer has told me that the money factor for the 2015 RDX is .00160. Is that the number you have as well. Thanks.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    I don't have anything on the 2015 RDX, except for residual values.. but, Acura's standard money factor for non-subsidized leases has been .0016-.0017 for some time... so, there is a very good chance that your dealer's information is accurate.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kzevokzevo Posts: 13

    Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 and 2014 RDX with tech package for 36 months and 15K/yr. also any lease incentives on 2014 or 2015? Thank you

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    @kzevo said: Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 and 2014 RDX with tech package for 36 months and 15K/yr. also any lease incentives on 2014 or 2015? Thank you

    2014: .00121 MF and 54% residual. $750 lease cash.

    2015: Not sure of the MF, but others have heard .0016-.0017. Residual is 58%

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kzevokzevo Posts: 13
  • leaselover15leaselover15 Posts: 7

    For 2015 RDX AWD with Tech, can you please give me the Residual and MF for 12k miles/yr.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @leaselover15 said: For 2015 RDX AWD with Tech, can you please give me the Residual and MF for 12k miles/yr.

    36/12 - 60% residual, but I don't have any MF information on the 2015's just yet. Perhaps when the new numbers are released in the next few days....

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • leaselover15leaselover15 Posts: 7

    @Michaell Thank you. How about 39 months please?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    @leaselover15 said: Michaell Thank you. How about 39 months please?

    Subtract 2% for 39 months.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • Any money factor and residual info for base and tech 2015 RDX yet? 36mo/12K miles per year.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827

    @themoneyfactor said: Any money factor and residual info for base and tech 2015 RDX yet? 36mo/12K miles per year.

    .00170 MF and 63% residual for non-Tech models. New numbers come out on July 8th

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • gotosleepgotosleep Posts: 1

    Based on history, does anyone have an educated guess as to what happens to the MF and residual after July 8th for non-Tech models? Do these numbers usually change in our favor or get worse after the 4th of July promotions? Any thoughts?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @gotosleep said: Based on history, does anyone have an educated guess as to what happens to the MF and residual after July 8th for non-Tech models? Do these numbers usually change in our favor or get worse after the 4th of July promotions? Any thoughts?

    Everything is speculation at this point .. no way to look at the numbers from last year and use them to predict what will happen this year.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • xxjlbxxxxjlbxx Posts: 16

    Are any current MF and RVs available for 36/12 on the 2014? Looking at the base AWD.

    Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @xxjlbxx said: Are any current MF and RVs available for 36/12 on the 2014? Looking at the base AWD.

    Thanks!

    RV is 58% for base AWD 36/12.

    MF is .00160 and $750 lease cash this month.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • flcarguy62flcarguy62 Posts: 19

    Do you guys have the Residual for 2015 Base RDX non-awd @ 36/10K and or 39/10K? I'm guessing the MF is .00170? Also any lease cash? Thanks

2
Sign In or Register to comment.