Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

1282931333443

Comments

  • mahi3mahi3 Posts: 10

    @mahi3 said: BMW - 328i X-Drive series Jet Black (Exterior) / Black Dakota Leather (Interior) Cold weather package and Premium package (Black Leather) $44,300 (selling price $38, 535 with discounts)

    For 3 yrs and 12K miles/yr... $5302.98 (Upfront fees) = $2853 (taxes and fees) + $2450 (7-month security deposit) $349/month (Lease amount)

    Kindly let me know is this a good deal and how the price break up would work?

    Thanks in advance for your help :)

    Residual = 63% and MF is .00081 after 7 MSDs. With this monthly payment comes to 349$. Is taxes and fees is higher for NJ? Usually how much will be coming as taxes and fees?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @mahi3 said: Residual = 63% and MF is .00081 after 7 MSDs. With this monthly payment comes to 349$. Is taxes and fees is higher for NJ? Usually how much will be coming as taxes and fees?

    NJ calculates taxes for the entire lease up front. Customer can either roll that into the cap or pay it up front.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • 121121 Posts: 7

    Hi, got quoted the following for an USED 2014 x1 35i.

    MSRP $47,700 / Selling price $39,700 / Drive Off: $1042 / 7 MSD’s: $3850 / Lease for 36 months with 18K miles per year /Payments of $499+ Tax / MF is at .00081 / Residual: 57%

    Can do better ?

    Thanks!

  • mahi3mahi3 Posts: 10
    Thank you! Michaell!
    Do you think is the deal good or standard one? Or how much better we can do to make it a better one?
    Thanks again for ur help!!!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @mahi3 said: Thank you! Michaell! Do you think is the deal good or standard one? Or how much better we can do to make it a better one? Thanks again for ur help!!!

    The only way to lower the payment now is to get a lower cap cost. You can put money down to do that, but we don't recommend it. If the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

    $349/mo for a car that stickers at $45K is a pretty great deal.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mac_attackmac_attack Posts: 22
    328i vs 335i
    North Carolina
    Fully loaded

    Mf
    Residual
    Monthly cost estimate

    Thx!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @mac_attack said: 328i vs 335i North Carolina Fully loaded
    Mf Residual Monthly cost estimate
    Thx!

    MF is .00130. Residual is based on lease term and miles per year - what are you looking for?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • scornil01scornil01 Los angelesPosts: 4

    Hello, looking for august numbers for both the 2014 320i RWD and 2014 328i RWD.

    36 months 10k 12k 15k /year

    are 2015's already available?

    Thank you!

  • mac_attackmac_attack Posts: 22

    @Michaell said: MF is .00130. Residual is based on lease term and miles per year - what are you looking for?

    12K miles/yr, 36 months

  • scornil01scornil01 Los angelesPosts: 4

    ... and question about MSD's. If i were to sell my car before the end of the lease to possible gain equity will i still receive the refund of the MSD?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @mac_attack said: 328i vs 335i North Carolina Fully loaded

    Mf Residual Monthly cost estimate 12K miles/yr, 36 months

    As noted, MF is .00130. 36/12 RV for 328i is 62% with $2000 lease cash, for 335i it is also 62% but only $1750 lease cash.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400
    edited August 6

    @scornil01 said: Hello, looking for august numbers for both the 2014 320i RWD and 2014 328i RWD.

    36 months 10k 12k 15k /year

    are 2015's already available?

    Thank you!

    ... and question about MSD's. If i were to sell my car before the end of the lease to possible gain equity will i still receive the refund of the MSD?

    .00130 MF for both.

    36/15 RV for 320i is 61% with $1000 lease cash.

    36/15 RV for 328i is 60% with $2000 lease cash.

    Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K RV

    I believe you will get the MSD monies back at the end of the lease, regardless of how it ends.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • mahi3mahi3 Posts: 10

    @Michaell said: $349/mo for a car that stickers at $45K is a pretty great deal.

    @Michaell - Thanks a lot! Michaell! For the info! Most likely I will finalize the deal this Saturday.

  • Can anyone please tell me what the August residual and MF is for 2015MY 320i at 10k/year miles?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @electricfire said: Can anyone please tell me what the August residual and MF is for 2015MY 320i at 10k/year miles?

    .00130 is the MF. What lease term are you looking for?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • csauscsaus Posts: 2

    Looking at leasing a 2014 328i xdrive wagon.
    - August MF & residuals for 10k & 12k? (One dealer quoted .0015.) - Any incentives on this car (loyalty, dealer cash)? - would it be better to wait to Sept or Oct to lease? Thanks!

  • @Michaell said: 36 months, 10k/year. Thank you!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @electricfire said: Can anyone please tell me what the August residual and MF is for 2015MY 320i at 36 months, 10k/year miles?

    .00130 and 62%.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @csaus said: Looking at leasing a 2014 328i xdrive wagon.
    - August MF & residuals for 10k & 12k? (One dealer quoted .0015.) - Any incentives on this car (loyalty, dealer cash)? - would it be better to wait to Sept or Oct to lease? Thanks!

    Base MF is .00130 this month, so your dealer is trying to make a bit of extra money off of you.

    36/12 residual is 63%; add 1% if you want 10K miles. No incentives or lease cash that I see; use the shopping tools at the top of the page to confirm.

    If you want a 2014 model, now is the time to act. Pickings will only get slimmer as time goes on.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • csauscsaus Posts: 2

    Thanks for the information!

  • rraffelrraffel Posts: 4

    Could you please tell me what the Residual is on a 2014 328xd Sedan with Sport Package? I'm getting different numbers from different dealers. Thanks!!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @rraffel said: Could you please tell me what the Residual is on a 2014 328xd Sedan with Sport Package? I'm getting different numbers from different dealers. Thanks!!

    What lease term and how many miles per year? MF is .00130

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • lwood87lwood87 Posts: 5

    I've found this forum to be extremely helpful. Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track with this payment: 2015 328i (Premium, Navigation, Assistance, Heated Front, Split Rear) MSRP $46,075 European Delivery Invoice: 39,975 Dealer Quote @ 500 over invoice 40,475 Build Out Cash 2000 College Incentive 1000 Selling Price: $37,475 MF 0.00111 (0.0016 ED MF - MSD) RV 62% 36/12k Monthly Payment: $314.14 (tax paid upfront)

    Am I on track here? Thanks!

  • rraffelrraffel Posts: 4

    36/12k

    Thanks!

    @Michaell said:

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @rraffel said: Could you please tell me what the Residual is on a 2014 328xd Sedan with Sport Package? I'm getting different numbers from different dealers. Thanks!! 36/12

    .00130 and 63%. $1750 in incentive monies this month.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @lwood87 said: I've found this forum to be extremely helpful. Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track with this payment: 2015 328i (Premium, Navigation, Assistance, Heated Front, Split Rear) MSRP $46,075 European Delivery Invoice: 39,975 Dealer Quote @ 500 over invoice 40,475 Build Out Cash 2000 College Incentive 1000 Selling Price: $37,475 MF 0.00111 (0.0016 ED MF - MSD) RV 62% 36/12k Monthly Payment: $314.14 (tax paid upfront)

    Am I on track here? Thanks!

    The numbers work out - sort of. When I use all the numbers you've provided, I get a payment of $320.76/mo, so a little bit more than what you've got.

    I would double check with the dealer that their quote of $40,475 is before the incentives are applied.

    I can't confirm the ED base of of .00160 - perhaps my co-host, who is more familiar with BMW programs, can chime in.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • cocococococo Posts: 7
    edited August 9

    Hey everyone, I'm so glad that I found this very helpful website and have learnt a lot by reading others' posts. I was hoping that some of the gurus/experts here could help me understanding how to use the lease payment calculator myself.

    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

    I'm looking at a 328i Xdrive fully loaded MSRP $53325 and Sale Price of $47000. From my reading, for a 36/10 lease, the residual value is $53325 * .64 = $34128. The lowest MF I could get is .00081 with 7 MSD. I entered all the numbers at http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html, with $2000 "Incentives and Rebates", I get a monthly payment of $366. Is this correct? If not, could you please let me know where it went wrong? I'm in Oregon, so no sales tax. :D

    Also, what is the typical acquisition fee for 328i Xdrive? Does this fee go into my monthly payment or due at signing? Do the title and registration fee due at the signing?

    Do the dealers still honor first time buyer incentives or college graduates incentives?

    Sorry for having so many questions. This is going to be my first car and I'm getting very excited. Thank you for your answers and help in advance! :D

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,400

    @cococo said: Hey everyone, I'm so glad that I found this very helpful website and have learnt a lot by reading others' posts. I was hoping that some of the gurus/experts here could help me understanding how to use the lease payment calculator myself.

    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

    I'm looking at a 328i Xdrive fully loaded MSRP $53325 and Sale Price of $47000. From my reading, for a 36/10 lease, the residual value is $53325 * .64 = $34128. The lowest MF I could get is .00081 with 7 MSD. I entered all the numbers at http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html, with $2000 "Incentives and Rebates", I get a monthly payment of $366. Is this correct? If not, could you please let me know where it went wrong? I'm in Oregon, so no sales tax. :D

    Not sure where you went wrong, but when I plug in your numbers I get a pre-tax payment of $423.27 for 36 months. My guess is that the $2000 incentive is already factored into the sale price of $47,000.

    Also, what is the typical acquisition fee for 328i Xdrive? Does this fee go into my monthly payment or due at signing? Do the title and registration fee due at the signing?

    Base acquisition fee is $725 - dealer can mark it up to $925. Can either be rolled into the lease or paid up front.

    Do the dealers still honor first time buyer incentives or college graduates incentives?

    Use the Incentives menu option from the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page for a full list of available incentives from BMW this month.

    Sorry for having so many questions. This is going to be my first car and I'm getting very excited. Thank you for your answers and help in advance! :D

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Got an offer for 2014 BMW 328i xDrive

    MSRP is 44500

    Selling price is 40500

    Residual is 28035.00

    Money Factory is .00150

    Sales tax is 1305.29

    License fees are 75

    Bank Fee is 925

    36 months at 12k miles per year, the payment would be 521.66 tax included, no money down. 596.66 due at signing (first payment and license plate fees)

    Any comments? The dealer do not want to low the selling price, MF and bank fee. I am in Ohio, anyone get better deals around ohio area?

    Thanks

  • kerseekersee Posts: 3

    Michaell- I'm jumping over from the A4 forum to ask you about this quote for a 328ix. Seems much move above-board than the A4... Thoughts on this deal? Looks like I have wiggle room with the MF and with the sales price.

    MSRP: $47,350 Sales Price: $42,941 Payment: $537 Residual: $28,883 MF: .0015 MPY: 15K Term: 36 months Downpayment: $0 MSD Reduction: .00007 each

Sign In or Register to comment.