Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• ms25ms25 Posts: 3

Thanks kyfdx. Got it down to $2400 at signing (total) $379/mo. Quite honestly I think I could have gotten to $369, but I was satisfied with the deal. Thanks again to this forum. Very helpful!

• konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 194

@radblaster said: Hello wondering if this is a good deal on the following 2014 328i:
    MSRP 52,100 Sell price: 45,424$ M-sport, lighting, technology, driver assist, etc pretty fully loaded

36m/12k @ 59% residual and 0.00081 MF with the 7 MSDs
    For a total of 511$/month CA tax included

725 Bank fee 431 Reg 80 documentation 3,850 security deposit

5670$ drive off
    Is this a good deal? Its a little more car than I wanted. I think the sell price includes incentives since it is 2k under invoice but I havent asked.
    Maybe I can ask for .00076 MF and 61% residual, I would prefer to be at 475$ a month with tax. Is there room to negotiate on this deal?
    Thanks for any help. Learned a ton here.

I think your deal is very good! You have the base rate MF and Acquisition fee. I really doubt you could get much lower, if your MSRP is correct. However, you can ask for a breakdown of the deal, including incentives/rebates. I think you have too much car to get under $450 before taxes. You can play around with the lease calculator and see what it takes to get there.

I am assuming you are in California, if so, you can email your deal to Greg at Pacific BMW and get a comparison quote, maybe a slightly better deal. Greg is in the top 25 CA's in the country.

• Cool thanks Kona. Off the bat it seemed like a great deal but yeah it maybe too much car to get to where I want to be, theres a ton of extras I really dont need.

I had thought the base MF was .00125 and 61% residual(36/12k) for the 328i unless that changed with the new year.

Playing with the lease calc here if the residual is 61% then my payment will be 476$ with tax. If I can't get that I will go with a lower spec custom order with Jon @ Santa Barbara BMW.

Thanks for your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,476

@upshiftb said: Wonderful info here, thanks for continuing to help fellow consumers! I’m looking for details on leases for:

1. 2014 335i xDrive Gran Turismo (MSRP ~$61k)
    2. 2014 328i xDrive Sport Wagon (MSRP ~$55k)

Looking for for 12k @ 24 vs. 30 vs. 36 mo. Located in Seattle, WA 98103

Thanks in advance!

1) .00130 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

2) .00130 MF and 59% residual.

Add 3% for 30 months, add 6% for 24 months (you don't want either of those terms)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

@radblaster said: Cool thanks Kona. Off the bat it seemed like a great deal but yeah it maybe too much car to get to where I want to be, theres a ton of extras I really dont need.
    I had thought the base MF was .00125 and 61% residual(36/12k) for the 328i unless that changed with the new year.

Playing with the lease calc here if the residual is 61% then my payment will be 476$ with tax. If I can't get that I will go with a lower spec custom order with Jon @ Santa Barbara BMW.
    Thanks for your help.

It's .00130 MF and 59% residual for February.. @konacoug is right... that's a good deal.

• ken117ken117 Posts: 207

One thing to recognize is there are no unique dealership internet departments offering secret low prices to buyers as has been suggested by many "experts." Dealers caught on to this recommendation a while ago. While many dealers have an internet sales operation, that operation is really not unique and does not offer lower prices than can be achieved by simply walking into a dealership.

The dealership is one integrated operation of which internet sales is a part. One day a sales person might be on the floor. Another day, that same sales person might be handling internet inquiries. All dealership sales are formulized and approved by the sales manager and not by the internet or floor sales person.

There are no fleet prices offered to individual buyers. In order to attain a fleet price, the buyer must buy several vehicles and must meet the standards set by the manufacturer for such sales.

What a dealership internet sales operation can offer is less negotiating. Dealers know a buyer contacting the dealership via the internet is shopping, has knowledge, and will not visit unless the buyer receives what he or she is looking to obtain via the internet contact. Those dealers recognize the internet contact may be their one and only chance to snag the buyer. Therefore, those dealers will often provide the buyer a price closer to the dealership's best price than they would initially offer had the buyer simply walked into the dealership.

I would disagree regarding internet depts. There are dedicated internet depts. at some dealers. Also, many people once inside a dealership are much more easily manipulated. One can also email many dealers, with request for quotes rather than walking into a dealership. The CA's are trying to squeeze the max profit they can make on every car, therefore, a walk in tends to be much less educated, more payment centric and willing to accept that they are getting a "good deal".

For example, I don't know of one CA that has ever offered MSD's to a buyer. They never recommend them, they want more money down for cap reduction to lower the payment. In fact, many CA's and even finance guys don't really know the rules for MSD's. I'm sure there are a few very good CA's out there, that do recommend MSD's and try to build a solid relationship with the clients.

Quite frankly, I have been lied to, ie. this is our base money factor, this is what we have to charge for the acquisition fee. I was totally ripped on my first lease, hence, I am here, trying to help op's get an equitable deal. I am on my third BMW and I saved thousands by learning about the BMW leasing process. Just say'in....

• yolanyolan Posts: 3
    edited February 13

Hi, does anyone know what incentives are available for February? Looking to get a 320i. Is this the best month for incentives or is March going to be better?

• Thank you, sir! You rock!

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

• ardie_888ardie_888 Posts: 6
    edited February 14

see post below

edited February 14

Thanks for all the help!

I've done my homework and am pretty close to pulling the trigger. Just got off the phone with a dealer and I feel OK about this deal but wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

2014 328i with Tech package / Sport Line / Moonroof / Sport Auto Transmission / Heated Seats And Driver Assistance Package

MSRP: $47,775 / Negotiated Price: $41,600 / Other Rebates: $1,000

Price After Rebates: $40,600

Lease: 36 months/ 12k milles

Residual: $28,187.25 (59%)

Money Down: $5000 (They didn't break this down but said it included max security deposits)

When I asked about the money factor, the rep said 1.7. That only makes sense to me if she meant that was the annual interest rate. But she kept saying it was 1.7 when I asked about the MF.

Monthly PMT: $385

After tax monthly PMT: $415

This all sounds reasonable to me but I know people on here are much more expert than I. If you have thoughts, please let me know! Thanks!

Well.. you have to have a breakdown of the $5K. If it actually includes max MSDs, then the rate can't be .00170. The base money factor is .00130, and 7 MSDs would take it down to .00081. If the money factor is .00170, then they are marking it up the maximum. Even if they then use the MSDs, the MF is .00121, after the MF markup and the MSD discount.

Insist on the base MF minus the MSDs... That's .00081, and get a breakdown of the $5000.

Ardie_888: Basically, they have max raised the money factor on you by .00040 basis points. The end result is your MSD's barely get it below the standard rate of .000130, to .000121

You need to insist they email you a complete breakdown of all fees, where the incentives are being applied and the money factor. Remember, you are in charge of this deal. I also believe they are either de capping the selling price or adding other fees for your 5k down. I used a California zip and used the lease calculator here, estimating your DMV, doc fees and tax, came up with $412 including tax.

edited February 14

Thanks guys. You're exactly right, what they were doing was decapping the lease instead of giving me credit for max security deposits. So they were giving me a .0017 MF instead of the .00081.

I told them I need the .00081. The rep's "talking with the manager." Provided I get the .00081 and a reasonable breakdown of upfront fees, does the negotiated price sound reasonable to you? That seems below invoice from what I gather so I'm not worried about the number but I'm no expert.

Thanks for all your help guys. I always make the error in negotiations of caving when somebody is seemingly being nice to me. Thanks for the support.

• I just got a call from my rep saying that they announced a new program for the rest of February on the 3 series. He is requiring me today. Does anyone have any details on this program? I'm in the market for a car, but my current lease (an infiniti) doesn't run out until mid April.

• One of my reps said they increased residuals during Feb

Ardie_888, the CA sounds like a smuck! Anyway, the sell price is fine, figured the doc fee was in there somewhere...that is a common sale technique, get the customer to like you and act like they are your friend and really doing this deal is really in your best interest. But, this is business... have him send you full disclosure, it sounds like you are in NJ from the doc fee.

Could you provide updated lease info (MF and residual) with the new program for 320i 15k/yr and 328i 15k/yr?

• gfish49gfish49 Posts: 24

Hello - just confirming the residual and money factors for the 328d are still .00130 MF and 56% for 36mo, 15K/yr. Still $1750 in credits too - right? Thanks for the help!

@yolan said: Could you provide updated lease info (MF and residual) with the new program for 320i 15k/yr and 328i 15k/yr?

320i: .00130 MF and 62% residual. $500 incentive cash.

328i: .00130 MF and 57% residual. $2000 incentive cash.

@gfish49 said: Hello - just confirming the residual and money factors for the 328d are still .00130 MF and 56% for 36mo, 15K/yr. Still $1750 in credits too - right? Thanks for the help!

All the same..

• jakpennjakpenn Posts: 20

How about current numbers for 320i and 328i fro 36 mnonths at 10k miles? are they doing anything shorter on term? Thanks

@jakpenn said: How about current numbers for 320i and 328i fro 36 mnonths at 10k miles? are they doing anything shorter on term? Thanks

320i: .00130 MF and 65% residual. $500 incentive cash.

328i: .00130 MF and 60% residual. $2000 incentive cash.

Shorter term leases are not as good on these models.

• I am looking at a 3.28i x drive with metallic paint, leather seats, premium and cold weather packages sticker at 44.8K, invoice at 41.6K, Sale price from my best dealer including license, etc. is $40.3K. Which does not seem too bad.
    With no down, no deposits, 1st month and acq. fee of 725 for about $1.3K and $480/mo including taxes. Does this sound reasonable?

Thank you,

• MF and residual for a 335 please and thanks!

36/39 mo and 10k/12k.

cheers!

@nourdmrolnmt1 said: MF and residual for a 335 please and thanks!

36/39 mo and 10k/12k.

cheers!

.00130 MF and 59% for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr

• Is it possible to get a 328 xdrive with payments under $400? Best I saw someone got it for $376 but had $2500 down, was looking to put way less then that down.

@brooklynaudi said: Is it possible to get a 328 xdrive with payments under $400? Best I saw someone got it for $376 but had $2500 down, was looking to put way less then that down.

Probably not...

• Ok I was all set to sign for the lease posted earlier. When I went in I tried to negotiate a better deal based on another offer I received. CA agreed said no problem I said lets do it. We went to start paperwork and CA said oh I already offered the deal we had previously just negotiated.

I was surprised, I told him, no edmunds said it was invoice price minus 2k$ in incentives. He said that Edmunds was often wrong on their invoice pricing. Seems fishy, to me.

Anyways he added:
    MACO and training/service fees
    For a total of 560$ ontop of my previously negotiated deal. Bummer. Training fee? For who? Im not being trained. He said its very common for SoCal dealers. I said it was never once mentioned in any of my prior research. He again said Edmund's is often wrong. Again, questionable at best...

He didnt pressure me, he said go home do your due dilligence and come back. He let me walk out, I was ready to pull the trigger on the deal since it was a 2hr drive before those fees popped up.

Tl;dr, is the Edmund's vehicle calculator wrong for invoice pricing? Are MACO and service fees "common" for SoCal? I think I know the answer already, feels like a classic bait and switch.

Thanks.

@radblaster said: Ok I was all set to sign for the lease posted earlier. When I went in I tried to negotiate a better deal based on another offer I received. CA agreed said no problem I said lets do it. We went to start paperwork and CA said oh I already offered the deal we had previously just negotiated.
    I was surprised, I told him, no edmunds said it was invoice price minus 2k$ in incentives. He said that Edmunds was often wrong on their invoice pricing. Seems fishy, to me.
    Anyways he added: MACO and training/service fees For a total of 560$ ontop of my previously negotiated deal. Bummer. Training fee? For who? Im not being trained. He said its very common for SoCal dealers. I said it was never once mentioned in any of my prior research. He again said Edmund's is often wrong. Again, questionable at best...
    He didnt pressure me, he said go home do your due dilligence and come back. He let me walk out, I was ready to pull the trigger on the deal since it was a 2hr drive before those fees popped up.
    Tl;dr, is the Edmund's vehicle calculator wrong for invoice pricing? Are MACO and service fees "common" for SoCal? I think I know the answer already, feels like a classic bait and switch.
    Thanks.

Definitely bait and switch. You should have told him to break out every single cost before coming in and said if it's one cent off, you walk.