Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

145791027

Comments

  • laxman2laxman2 Posts: 2

    Thanks for the help on my x-drive. I was close when I told him I'd go 500.

  • cartalkcartalk Posts: 134

    @singsing said: Hi, could I get the MF and residual for a 36 month, 10k/year and 7k/year lease for a 320i. Are there any incentives?

    $500 Option Allowance available on the 320i

  • k52sfk52sf Posts: 5

    I have 3 dealers all matched at $42,000 for a 2014 328i, automatic, sport line, with heated front seats, premium & tech packages. I'm ~2,000 miles over on my current lease and all are willing to inspect my current vehicle for trade which would eliminate any cost for overage if it worked out. The vehicle they're quoting is in port and all are trying to get it before it goes to the original dealer to avoid transport costs. 1 is trying to use that against me to make a quick decision.

    2 of the 3 have asked for $1000 down payment as good faith but the last one hasn't mentioned it. I don't know which dealer the car is actually going to. None of them have mentioned whether their quotes include the $2k option allowance. I've been trying to get the selling price as low as possible before bringing it up, just in case I can use it to move the price further.

    All seem to be sticking to $42k as their lowest quote but it's only been 2 days of negotiation. My last email was playing the convenience/loyalty factor of my previous dealer against the other 2 to see what they'll really do to win the business.

    I know $42k is a good price so question is, think there's any more room to negotiate or am I just asking for too much?

    Assuming all things equal, the 3rd dealer is furthest away but seems most reputable. Appreciate the input.

  • flashharryflashharry Posts: 3

    K52sf...what's the MSRP?

  • flashharryflashharry Posts: 3

    Just leased a 2014 328i

    3 yr 12k 0 down MSRP 43,475 Selling price 37,575 MF .0013 Residual 61% Monthly incl CA tax $425

    The usual driveoff...the acq fee was 925, a bit higher but not unusual for most dealers

    No haggle internet manager inquiry...very happy

  • k52sfk52sf Posts: 5

    Sorry, should have mentioned MSRP is 48,025

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @singsing said: Hi, could I get the MF and residual for a 36 month, 10k/year and 7k/year lease for a 320i. Are there any incentives?

    .00130 MF and 65% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. BMW doesn't offer a mileage allowance lower than 10K/yr. $500 option credit cash.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • gfish49gfish49 Posts: 24

    Hello - checking to see if the if the residual value improved for the 328d on a 3 year 15,000 miles a year lease? Assume money factor is the same as Feb. Thanks!

  • flashharryflashharry Posts: 3

    k52sf...42,000 sounds good to me, having just gone through the process. Your lease payments should be about $430 before tax, for a 3 yr 10k lease. Not sure what they mean by $1k down unless that's to be credited against the driveoff just to hold the car for you. Don't put anything down to reduce the cap cost.

  • rubicon7rubicon7 Posts: 5

    Hi guys,

    Could you please let me know the residual and MF for 335i for 36 month\12k miles lease.

    Planning to visit the dealer this Saturday, would be great if I can have this information handy before that. Thanks in advance!

  • ivierlin27ivierlin27 Austin, TXPosts: 5

    @ivierlin27 said: Thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I'm new to leasing and the information here has been very helpful!

    I'm looking to pick up a 2014 328d wagon in glacier silver metalic with driver assist package, navigation, premium package, and rear shades. The MSRP is $49,975.

    I see that the advertised incentives are $500 eco credit and $1000 options allowance, currently.

    What can I expect to be able to negotiate to, given that an invoice amount is around $45,760?

    What are the current MF and residuals for this model?

    I'm planning on putting in 7 SDs. Any other advice I should be aware of before I start the negotiation process?

    Thanks in advance!

    I think my post got hidden by being on the bottom of page 9.

    Can anyone comment on the MF and residuals for a 36 month, 12k and 15k lease for a 328d xdrive wagon?

    I know they are really pretty rare, so I'll likely be ordering (they have none on the lot in Austin or San Antonio).

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @gfish49 said: Hello - checking to see if the if the residual value improved for the 328d on a 3 year 15,000 miles a year lease? Assume money factor is the same as Feb. Thanks!

    .00130 MF and 60% residual.. $1750 cash from BMW.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @rubicon7 said: Hi guys,

    Could you please let me know the residual and MF for 335i for 36 month\12k miles lease.

    Planning to visit the dealer this Saturday, would be great if I can have this information handy before that. Thanks in advance!

    .00130 MF and 63% residual. $1250 cash from BMW

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @ivierlin27 said:I think my post got hidden by being on the bottom of page 9.

    Can anyone comment on the MF and residuals for a 36 month, 12k and 15k lease for a 328d xdrive wagon?

    I know they are really pretty rare, so I'll likely be ordering (they have none on the lot in Austin or San Antonio). >

    .00130 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 63% for 12K.. $1500 cash from BMW

    On another note, we are going to San Antonio on vacation.. will be there in a couple of weeks!

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • rubicon7rubicon7 Posts: 5

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

    Thank you! I will update the forum on the quote from the dealer.

  • k52sfk52sf Posts: 5

    This is a new one for me. 1 dealer has been sending me screenshots of the system he is using to quote the 2014 328i I'm looking at and I can see in the MF field it says "1.2100". I told him I wanted to put down 7 MSDs which should drop the MF from .00130 to .00081. That figure didn't make sense to me - even converting .00081 to an APR doesn't equal 1.2100. When I asked, he said "There is a sell rate and a buy rate from BMW. We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". Seems like they are just jacking up the MF. Any ideas on what that number actually represents?

  • ivierlin27ivierlin27 Austin, TXPosts: 5

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said: On another note, we are going to San Antonio on vacation.. will be there in a couple of weeks!

    Thanks! Have fun in SA! It's a fun place to visit.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @k52sf said: This is a new one for me. 1 dealer has been sending me screenshots of the system he is using to quote the 2014 328i I'm looking at and I can see in the MF field it says "1.2100". I told him I wanted to put down 7 MSDs which should drop the MF from .00130 to .00081. That figure didn't make sense to me - even converting .00081 to an APR doesn't equal 1.2100. When I asked, he said "There is a sell rate and a buy rate from BMW. We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". Seems like they are just jacking up the MF. Any ideas on what that number actually represents?

    You have it exactly correct. He says, "We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". What you should hear is, "We don't really want to sell you the car at the price you want, so we'll jack up the money factor instead, and make an extra $1200 off you in the finance office".

    Nice, huh? You put up $4200 in MSDs to save $40/mo, so they can take $30/mo. back in higher finance charges.. The number on the screen shot is .00121, which is exactly .0004 higher than the buy rate.. which is the maximum mark-up allowed by BMWFS.

    That's where I say, "I want the buy rate on the MF at this same price, or we are done here." (that doesn't always work.. sometimes,we are done..)

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @ivierlin27 said: Thanks! Have fun in SA! It's a fun place to visit.

    We sure hope so.. might take a day trip to Austin, as well.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 186
    Yep.. Give with one hand and take with the other. K52 sf, if u r in Cali there are several good ca's I can recommend
  • k52sfk52sf Posts: 5

    konacoug, I am in Northern CA (Bay Area). I'd appreciate any good CA's you might know to refer. Every dealer I've contacted has marked up the MF after negotiating a good sell price.

    Thanks to kfydx as well for the input. You guys have been very helpful.

  • Question about qualifying for the best MF when leasing. I had a 680 credit score that qualified me to lease with MF of .0013 and a financing rate of 3.19% if i was to purchase the car. How does the dealership determine what to give me on my MF? Do I not qualify for the lowest MF with a score of 680? If i ordered my vehicle and it took more than a month before i was able to take delivery, (34 days to be exact) should there not be a record of what my credit score was when i was first approved? I was told that my score was 680 when i was approved. Finance manager claims that his dealership location no longer has record of the credit score. I will be contacting BMWFS for the score. MF given to me was .0017...

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    675 qualifies you for the best rate.. 640-674 bump is .00020, and 601-639 adds .00040.

    If the dealer is charging you .00170, you just have to ask him: "Am I being bumped for my credit score, and if so, what is that score? Or, are you just marking up the base rate?" Because, they can't bump you for your credit score, without knowing that score, right?

    See if this helps you guess what they are doing: The maximum markup to the base score is .00040, so if you qualified for the best rate (.00130), and they marked it up the maximum, it would be .00170. (Isn't that what they quoted you?)

    Be sure to ask them that direct question.... because, when put on the spot, I don't think they will lie about your credit score. That would be a big deal.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • wnofearw2wnofearw2 NYPosts: 2

    trying to get a deal on a "demo" 2013 328i xdrive with 8500miles. Has tech, premium, cold packages + Dark wood trim. the msrp is $47945, selling price at 37999. mf .00130, residual 56%. bank fee $925, doc fee $75. I'm just wondering if the selling price might be too high for a demo with 8500 miles. He is quoting me $499 a month with only first month +dmv down. I may be going crazy but the numbers don't seem to add up at $499 a month. any ideas? thanks in advance.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,921

    @wnofearw2 said: trying to get a deal on a "demo" 2013 328i xdrive with 8500miles. Has tech, premium, cold packages + Dark wood trim. the msrp is $47945, selling price at 37999. mf .00130, residual 56%. bank fee $925, doc fee $75. I'm just wondering if the selling price might be too high for a demo with 8500 miles. He is quoting me $499 a month with only first month +dmv down. I may be going crazy but the numbers don't seem to add up at $499 a month. any ideas? thanks in advance.

    You have to account for the 8500 miles when calculating the residual. That is going to lower the residual by $2400..

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 186

    @k52sf said: konacoug, I am in Northern CA (Bay Area). I'd appreciate any good CA's you might know to refer. Every dealer I've contacted has marked up the MF after negotiating a good sell price.

    Thanks to kfydx as well for the input. You guys have been very helpful.

    I recommend you try Jon Shafer at Santa Barbara BMW. He is a founder of the forum Bimmerfest and he is a straight shooter. The dealer is just giving you a good sell price, but then just taking it away with the higher money factor. Send an email to Jon with what you are looking for and he should take good care of you.

  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 186

    @cabsebastian33 said: Question about qualifying for the best MF when leasing. I had a 680 credit score that qualified me to lease with MF of .0013 and a financing rate of 3.19% if i was to purchase the car. How does the dealership determine what to give me on my MF? Do I not qualify for the lowest MF with a score of 680? If i ordered my vehicle and it took more than a month before i was able to take delivery, (34 days to be exact) should there not be a record of what my credit score was when i was first approved? I was told that my score was 680 when i was approved. Finance manager claims that his dealership location no longer has record of the credit score. I will be contacting BMWFS for the score. MF given to me was .0017...

    As Kyfdx explained, a 675 credit score qualifies you for the best rate. I believe the dealer is screwing you about the money factor. However, you should obtain your own scores, I used Credit sesame, didn't cost me anything, I get an update at least once a month with my Experian score.

    Finally, maybe you should start over with fresh dealers....ask for full disclosure, request the base mf and acquisition fee.

  • konacougkonacoug Kailua-KonaPosts: 186

    @wnofearw2 said: trying to get a deal on a "demo" 2013 328i xdrive with 8500miles. Has tech, premium, cold packages + Dark wood trim. the msrp is $47945, selling price at 37999. mf .00130, residual 56%. bank fee $925, doc fee $75. I'm just wondering if the selling price might be too high for a demo with 8500 miles. He is quoting me $499 a month with only first month +dmv down. I may be going crazy but the numbers don't seem to add up at $499 a month. any ideas? thanks in advance. Well, you basically are leasing a used car... the residual is killing you at 57%. I believe you could probably lease a new model at close to the same offered payment. It is impossible for me to check the numbers without all of the deal details. You can plug your numbers into the lease calculator here on Edmunds and it should get you pretty close. Perhaps, you might want to consider, leasing a lower package 3 too....

  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409

    @k52sf said: konacoug, I am in Northern CA (Bay Area). I'd appreciate any good CA's you might know to refer. Every dealer I've contacted has marked up the MF after negotiating a good sell price.

    Try the sales manager from East bay BMW. I leased a 13 535 during the lease promotion in Dec 12, we got the car at invoice + fee + advertising (350) + base finance rate + an all weather mat in Dec 12 with very limited negotiation. We also leased a 14 Z35 is in Jan 14 from Steven Creek (East bay did not have the color combo) also at base rate + invoice + a BMW jacket (they gave us a due bill for an all weather mat, except that BMW does not make all weather mat for Z4, so I picked up a jacket instead). In general, Bay Area is a tough place to get base rate + invoice unless you ran into a clearance situation. You need to negotiate hard for them. The further out from Silicon Valley or SF, the easier it is. I talked to Jon about the Z4, I think he could have given me a better deal (but I have to drive to Santa Barbara to pick the car up. Not a bad way to take a few days to visit LA but it is additional expense). The bimmerfeat sponsor (Jon is one of them) are really good w pricing and service. I couldn't go w Jon because my wife decided that she wanted the Z4 literally on 12/31, he was off on 1/1, and all the credit expired on 1/2. But I will go w one of the Bimmerfest sponsor in a heart beat if I want to get another BMW..

  • dannyfreeddannyfreed Posts: 14

    kyfdx: I'm based in NY. Can I get MF and residual for 36 month lease, 15K miles/year on each of the 320i x-drive and the 328i x-drive? Thx.

145791027
Sign In or Register to comment.