Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

1394042444548

Comments

  • colt311colt311 Posts: 17

    Soup 4 - That is high you can do a lot better. You should at least be able to get 10% off of MRSP with the rebates and labor day cash. Email every dealership in your area and collect quotes.

  • Well they definitely insist it is 55% for the residual and not 57% for the Laredo and my lease states 12,000 miles a year. I guess at this point it would either be rejected by Chrysler Capital or I am stuck?

    Still can't understand how they mess that one up and refuse to correct it.

  • chrisj7845chrisj7845 Posts: 11
    edited August 27

    I have an odd situation. MSRP for summit is $54,185, agreed upon price is $47,985. 24 month lease, residual is 60%, mf .00023. With those numbers monthly payment with no tax should be $663 with 0 down. And since I am in texas I need to pay full tax on the car which is $2999.

    They gave me the paperwork and the numbers were different, the Gross Cap cost was $50345, cap cost reduction was $1499, adjusted cap cost was $48846. The payment was $699 a month, I asked them 3 times does this payment include taxes and they said yes. The paperwork says N/A next to every sales tax line.

    $699 a month with taxes included is much better than the original deal we agreed on, so I am guessing they forgot to put the taxes in even though I asked about it.

    I signed the paperwork, paid them first months $699 payment, and got the deal done even though I felt like something was wrong. If they did really make a mistake, can they do something about it? Or because everything is already signed they are going to have to eat it?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @chrisj7845 said: I have an odd situation. MSRP for summit is $54,185, agreed upon price is $47,985. 24 month lease, residual is 60%, mf .00023. With those numbers monthly payment with no tax should be $663 with 0 down. And since I am in texas I need to pay full tax on the car which is $2999.

    They gave me the paperwork and the numbers were different, the Gross Cap cost was $50345, cap cost reduction was $1499, adjusted cap cost was $48846. The payment was $699 a month, I asked them 3 times does this payment include taxes and they said yes. The paperwork says N/A next to every sales tax line.

    $699 a month with taxes included is much better than the original deal we agreed on, so I am guessing they forgot to put the taxes in even though I asked about it.

    I signed the paperwork, paid them first months $699 payment, and got the deal done even though I felt like something was wrong. If they did really make a mistake, can they do something about it? Or because everything is already signed they are going to have to eat it?

    As long as the state gets their taxes, you should be fine. I've heard that in Texas the dealers can do some interesting things with the numbers to get to a reasonable payment for the customer and still meet their tax obligation.

    Worst case, the dealer will have you come back and re-sign the contract, at which point you can unwind the whole deal and start over.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • colt311colt311 Posts: 17

    Hi Michael I wanted to follow up on the 2014 JGC Diesel 2WD that the dealer insisted was an RV of 51 for 12K instead of 53. I went to Jeep.com and built my car with the identical options using my zip code and then hit calculate payments. I used the numbers that autopopulated and just entered 36 and 12k. The payment came up matching a residual of 53 (verified with my lease app). I took a screenshot and sent it to the GM at the dealership - they are honoring the RV of 53. The GM is still insisting that it is a glitch in the computer system but they will override it. I take delivery on Friday if all goes well.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @colt311 said: Hi Michael I wanted to follow up on the 2014 JGC Diesel 2WD that the dealer insisted was an RV of 51 for 12K instead of 53. I went to Jeep.com and built my car with the identical options using my zip code and then hit calculate payments. I used the numbers that autopopulated and just entered 36 and 12k. The payment came up matching a residual of 53 (verified with my lease app). I took a screenshot and sent it to the GM at the dealership - they are honoring the RV of 53. The GM is still insisting that it is a glitch in the computer system but they will override it. I take delivery on Friday if all goes well.

    This is for the Overland trim? I'm showing 4x2 36/12 residual as 53%.

    No idea why the dealer is pushing back so hard on this when there is so much evidence to contradict them.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bdinobdino Posts: 11

    Great info everyone, thanks. Looking for MF and RV for 2014 GC limited in Virginia. 36/12. Thanks.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @bdino said: Great info everyone, thanks. Looking for MF and RV for 2014 GC limited in Virginia. 36/12. Thanks.

    4x4? .00014 and 56%.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bdinobdino Posts: 11

    Exactly. Thank you

  • bdinobdino Posts: 11

    Noob looking for a little advice. 2014 gc limited w/nav and sunroof. 36 month/12k. Virginia Msrp $41580 Cost $36989(high) $0 down What's a target monthly payment?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @bdino said: Noob looking for a little advice. 2014 gc limited w/nav and sunroof. 36 month/12k. Virginia Msrp $41580 Cost $36989(high) $0 down What's a target monthly payment?

    $389.11 before tax.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • colt311colt311 Posts: 17

    Yes it is a 2wd Overland

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @colt311 said: Yes it is a 2wd Overland

    It may be time to start working with another dealer.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • fastrx7fastrx7 Posts: 2

    Hi- hoping for your collective genius help: - 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Altitude package: MSRP 39,030 and listed internet price 35,388 - 3 year / 10k miles a year, zero down - Registered in Massachusetts - Lease conquest

    What should my monthly and sales price targets be? What is the current money factor and residual from Chrysler for the model? I was quoted the below and it seems still too high. * Cap cost 34,108.6, Residual 56%/$23,027.70, Rate 5.300, pretax monthly $435.98 Thanks so much for your help!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @fastrx7 said: Hi- hoping for your collective genius help: - 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Altitude package: MSRP 39,030 and listed internet price 35,388 - 3 year / 10k miles a year, zero down - Registered in Massachusetts - Lease conquest

    What should my monthly and sales price targets be? What is the current money factor and residual from Chrysler for the model? I was quoted the below and it seems still too high. * Cap cost 34,108.6, Residual 56%/$23,027.70, Rate 5.300, pretax monthly $435.98 Thanks so much for your help!

    .00021 and 58% for 36/10.

    With your MSRP and net cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $330.56.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bdinobdino Posts: 11

    Sorry for all of the questions. .00014 RV and 56% residual for 2014 gc limited 4x4, 36/12 is set by Chrysler Financial, right? Do you know what numbers Ally uses? Thanks again.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @bdino said: Sorry for all of the questions. .00014 RV and 56% residual for 2014 gc limited 4x4, 36/12 is set by Chrysler Financial, right? Do you know what numbers Ally uses? Thanks again.

    The only numbers I have are from Chrysler Financial. No access to the Ally numbers.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • bdinobdino Posts: 11

    Thanks Michaell, you are awesome. Deciding between using Chrysler Financial with better rates, and much higher selling price($37k). Or Ally with $4500 off promotion on the price($32.5K), but higher monthly rates. Any thoughts?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @bdino said: Thanks Michaell, you are awesome. Deciding between using Chrysler Financial with better rates, and much higher selling price($37k). Or Ally with $4500 off promotion on the price($32.5K), but higher monthly rates. Any thoughts?

    Without any of the Ally information available to me, I can't really make an informed decision. You'll have to run the numbers yourself to figure out which has the lower total cost for the entire lease term.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • hcurtishcurtis Posts: 7

    I have an offer for Grand Cherokee, purchase price $34,971, monthly payment 383. MF .00099 with residual of $21,230. 36 mo lease, $3,000 down in state of WA, Seattle area. How am I doing?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @hcurtis said: I have an offer for Grand Cherokee, purchase price $34,971, monthly payment 383. MF .00099 with residual of $21,230. 36 mo lease, $3,000 down in state of WA, Seattle area. How am I doing?

    Could be better. What trim level is this? The highest base MF I see for all Grand Cherokees is .00024 for the RWD Summit. Dealers can only mark up the MF by .00042 at most, so I'm guessing this is not a Chrysler Financial lease.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • cakellicakelli Posts: 5

    Need a reality check here. I'm in California and looking at the 2014 JGC Limited Diesel 4x4, 36/12K. The MSRP is $49,185 and I have a dealership willing to sell for a negotated price of $45,000. They say the Residual is 57% and MF of .00019. I also hear that they will not be making the diesel for 2015. Is that true? If so, I really want the diesel so is this a fair price? HELP!! What would my payment be if I don't put any addional money down?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @cakelli said: Need a reality check here. I'm in California and looking at the 2014 JGC Limited Diesel 4x4, 36/12K. The MSRP is $49,185 and I have a dealership willing to sell for a negotated price of $45,000. They say the Residual is 57% and MF of .00019. I also hear that they will not be making the diesel for 2015. Is that true? If so, I really want the diesel so is this a fair price? HELP!! What would my payment be if I don't put any addional money down?

    The dealer is trying to convince you to get a 2014 - I have lease numbers on 2015 JGC diesels.

    MF on the '14 Limited diesel is .00014, so the dealer is marking that up on you. RV for 36/12 is 58% - dealer is not allowed to modify the RV.

    It's possible this could be an Ally or US Bank lease - we don't have those numbers to verify.

    Use the shopping tools at the top o the page to determine a good target price.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • nsull314nsull314 Posts: 7

    Has anyone received pricing on an Altitude before incentives that is under invoice? I am in the market in MA/RI and trying to find the best deal.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @nsull314 said: Has anyone received pricing on an Altitude before incentives that is under invoice? I am in the market in MA/RI and trying to find the best deal.

    Use the shopping tools at the top of the page to figure out what your best price could be.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • hcurtishcurtis Posts: 7

    The Grand Cherokee I am looking at is the Limited. So if the MF they are using is so high .00099 that means what, besides it is not a Chrysler lease - they are making some money off me?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @hcurtis said: The Grand Cherokee I am looking at is the Limited. So if the MF they are using is so high .00099 that means what, besides it is not a Chrysler lease - they are making some money off me?

    That is also possible. Dealers often mark up the MF for extra profit in a lease deal.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • hcurtishcurtis Posts: 7

    And - should I push on the MF then, which ultimately impacts the mo payment amount and negotiate the MF down to something more reasonable, like?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,418

    @hcurtis said: And - should I push on the MF then, which ultimately impacts the mo payment amount and negotiate the MF down to something more reasonable, like?

    You want to ensure that you are paying the 'base' rate, not something marked up. However, we don't have any access to non-Chrysler finance numbers.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • hcurtishcurtis Posts: 7

    So what is the base MF for Grand Cherokee Limited. And the Cherokee Limited with the terms I gave you? And thanks for the help!

Sign In or Register to comment.