Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

1404143454650

Comments

  • Would the August numbers in California be different than those already answered above for the guy in Florida on same car? I'm in So.California, looking at Grand Cherokee LTD & Overland 2wd; 36mo/10k miles. i.e., .00019 RV 56% & .00012 /52% Thanks.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @hcurtis said: So what is the base MF for Grand Cherokee Limited. And the Cherokee Limited with the terms I gave you? And thanks for the help!

    2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, 36 months: .00014 MF

    2014 Cherokee Limited, 36 months: .00013

    Assuming both are 4X4

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • brimasbrimas Posts: 15

    Is there a way to tell what credit tier you are in? I had a really good deal in place and the dealer just called to tell me that I didn't qualify for the top tier and they even had to shop the lease out to a local credit union (which I didn't even know they could do), so now they are trying to jack up the price an extra $16 a month. I thought a 710 was pretty solid, but I guess not.

  • hcurtishcurtis Posts: 7

    OK I got the MF handled, thanks. One last question - is there anything I need to know about the residual - if the overall price including lease and residual amount is a good deal, should I be concerned if the residual is higher than ALG Residual Value?

  • janulbugjanulbug Posts: 22

    What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for August on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 and 4x4 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @brimas said: Is there a way to tell what credit tier you are in? I had a really good deal in place and the dealer just called to tell me that I didn't qualify for the top tier and they even had to shop the lease out to a local credit union (which I didn't even know they could do), so now they are trying to jack up the price an extra $16 a month. I thought a 710 was pretty solid, but I guess not.

    Auto loan or lease qualifications aren't based on credit score alone. If you don't have any auto loan credit history, it may bump you down a notch. That is just hypothetical. I would ask the dealer what credit score you were assigned that dropped you out of top tier.

    $16/mo. isn't that big of a bump for less than top tier credit, but I would be concerned over going through a credit union, rather than Chrysler Finance, because of GAP insurance and end-of-lease issues.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @hcurtis said: OK I got the MF handled, thanks. One last question - is there anything I need to know about the residual - if the overall price including lease and residual amount is a good deal, should I be concerned if the residual is higher than ALG Residual Value?

    ALG has nothing to do with Chrysler residuals. Unless your plan is to buy the car you are leasing, you want a high residual. Higher residuals result in lower payments.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @janulbug said: What is the Money Factor and Residual Value for August on a 2014 JGC Overland 4x2 and 4x4 for a 36 mth lease. 15k miles in Los Angeles CA?

    .00012 MF and 49% residual for 4X2

    .00010 MF and 51% for 4X4

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • bobby29bobby29 Posts: 6

    Looking for an updated MF & Residual Value for a 2014 Laredo E 4x4, 12k miles and 24 months in MD. Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,056

    @bobby29 said: Looking for an updated MF & Residual Value for a 2014 Laredo E 4x4, 12k miles and 24 months in MD. Thanks!

    .00018 and 68% for 24/12.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • Hey Guys, Please note that there is $4500 regional lease bonus cash available on the 2014 JGC (see incentives page on Edmunds) if you don't use Chrysler Capital. You have to ask specifically for it: Have yet to have it offered since the dealer steers you to their in house captive finance arm (Chrysler capital) which offers a lower MF (per sales guy) but the higher MF is way better for buyer with $4500 off cost....I beleive you can also stack the $1000 Jeep cash too...

  • brimasbrimas Posts: 15

    @straightdope said: Hey Guys, Please note that there is $4500 regional lease bonus cash available on the 2014 JGC (see incentives page on Edmunds) if you don't use Chrysler Capital. You have to ask specifically for it: Have yet to have it offered since the dealer steers you to their in house captive finance arm (Chrysler capital) which offers a lower MF (per sales guy) but the higher MF is way better for buyer with $4500 off cost....I beleive you can also stack the $1000 Jeep cash too...

    I ended up going this route. I got the 4,500 rebate + 1,000 Jeep Cash + 1,000 conquest cash. After the dealer discounted it further, I ended up getting a 41,500 MSRP car for $419/month with nothing due at signing except for first months payment + registration. The bank that they used has a residual of only 50%, but that should work out pretty well when it comes time to trade it in. I feel I did pretty well on this one based on what else I've been seeing. If you are in the NY area, I would highly recommend Begnal Motors in Kingston. They are very fair and will quote you on anything without any hassles (it's like pulling teeth to get MFs and Residuals from most dealers).

  • tjlionstjlions Posts: 9

    Did you negotiate price first and then the $4500 discount? Was the finance guy the only one who knew what you were talking about?

  • Are the september numbers out? Looking for the 2014 summit 4x4 24 month 10k residual and mf.

    Thanks

  • brimasbrimas Posts: 15

    @tjlions said: Did you negotiate price first and then the $4500 discount? Was the finance guy the only one who knew what you were talking about?

    Well I had a quote from another dealer that was going through Chrysler Finance who was about $20/month higher with a little bit of money down, so I asked this dealer if they could beat it and that's when they gave me an option to go through another finance company to lower my payments.

  • @brimas said: Well I had a quote from another dealer that was going through Chrysler Finance who was about $20/month higher with a little bit of money down, so I asked this dealer if they could beat it and that's when they gave me an option to go through another finance company to lower my payments.

    I tried going that route with the summit, but it didn't work out. The residual was too low on the other finance company. One dealer gave me 8k off with non Chrysler finance and the other $6500 off with Chrysler finance and the $6500 off was a lower payment because of how much higher the residual was. It was 60 compared to 51 on a 24 month 10K lease.

  • soup4soup4 Posts: 5

    Also looking for Sept. #'s when they come out. Looking for a LGC Limited, 36 mo. 12K in MA

  • When they get released I would be interested in the 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 in MA for a 36 Month 12k in MA

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @chrisj7845 said: Are the september numbers out? Looking for the 2014 summit 4x4 24 month 10k residual and mf.

    Thanks

    .00028 MF and 58% residual for 27 month, 10K/yr.

    27 months is the only viable term, this month.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090
    edited September 3

    @soup4 said: Also looking for Sept. #'s when they come out. Looking for a LGC Limited, 36 mo. 12K in MA

    Assuming 4X4?

    .00010 MF and 63% residual for 27 month, 12K/yr.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @nsull314 said: When they get released I would be interested in the 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 in MA for a 36 Month 12k in MA

    .00029 MF and 65% residual for 27 month, 12K/yr.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • edsmed1edsmed1 Posts: 8

    May I get the numbers on a 27 month 12K/yr lease on a jeep grand cherokee overland 4x4?

  • edsmed1edsmed1 Posts: 8

    Sorry, forgot to add it's a 2014.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,056

    @edsmed1 said: May I get the numbers on a 27 month 12K/yr lease on a 2014 jeep grand cherokee overland 4x4?

    .00027 and 61%

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • I am looking for the Minnesota lease numbers on a 2014 Limited. 36mo/12k or 39mo/12k if that's an option right now.

  • @kyfdx Should i assume that Jeep is no longer supporting 36 month leases on MY14 JGC's?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @jcarr343 said: I am looking for the Minnesota lease numbers on a 2014 Limited. 36mo/12k or 39mo/12k if that's an option right now.

    .00020 MF and 52% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090

    @nsull314 said: kyfdx Should i assume that Jeep is no longer supporting 36 month leases on MY14 JGC's?

    On further inspection, it looks like the support is on 27 month and 39 month leases, but not on 24 or 36 months.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • rawarren83rawarren83 Kansas City, MOPosts: 2

    Can you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC 4x4 Limited Diesel for 27/39 months and 12k miles per year? It's for Kansas and/or Missouri.

    Also, is there a difference in the rates between the Limited and Overland?

    Thanks!

  • ad1das101ad1das101 Posts: 7
    edited September 5
    Could you give me the residual and MF for a 2014 JGC Overland 4x4 diesel. 15k miles per year. 27 and 39 months. I'm in PA. Thanks in advance.
Sign In or Register to comment.